Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 576 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Videogames...

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Sony announces PlayStation Now for streaming older games

Sony President Andrew House has announced PlayStation Now, a new games streaming service that aims to bring older PlayStation games to PS4, PS3, PS Vita and other devices.

PlayStation Now, which will stream games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PS3 eras first on PS3 and PS4, will kick off on PS3 with a closed beta in the US at the end of January, with a full rollout planned for some time this summer. Users will be able to rent games individually or pay for a PlayStation Now subscription. Sony aims to eventually expand the service beyond Sony devices too.

Advertisement

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:31 pm

The first 13 Steam Machines

At CES, Valve premiered its third-party Steam Machines from 13 ground-floor manufacturers: Alienware, Alternate, Cyberpower PC, Digital Storm, Falcon Northwest, Gigabyte, iBuyPower, Materiel.net, Next Spa, Origin PC, Scan, Webhallen and Zotac. The cheapest Steam Machine clocks in at $500, Valve said, and already Digital Storm unveiled its hybrid PC model that starts at $1,900. The Falcon Northwest Tiki costs up to $6,000.

Click article link to see them.

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:54 pm

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING...AND GO PLAY THE BANNER SAGA....IS THAT FUCKING GOOD

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 pm

What platform?
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:42 pm

bkthomson wrote:What platform?

right now to my knowledge it's only the pc :smt102

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 pm

yup its on steam,look it up,its fucking amazing,and its the first of 3 so theres gonna be more,totally awesome guys definitly check it out,seems like a tactics oregon trail old disney drawn awesome rpg ^^

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:41 am

:smt011

Candy Crush dev's 'candy' trademark approved for publication

The US Patent and Trademark Office has approved the trademark "candy" for publication for King, the developer of the hit free-to-play match three game, Candy Crush Saga. King filed an application with the USPTO for the trademark in February 2013, which was updated last week to note its approval for publication by the examining attorney. If it's published without opposition, the trademark grants King the exclusive use of the term "candy" in video game and clothing products.

Once published, the public (namely, developers of games and apps that use the word "candy") has 30 days to issue a statement of opposition to the trademark office before a certificate of registration is handed to King.

Isn't there any a priori? There have been other games with "candy" in the title...

:smt011

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 am

There goes candyland
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:29 am

I finished Assassin's Creed this weekend. Man, I played the hell out of that game.

Unfortunately, that was the game that finally took out my disc reader. With all the games I've played on the 360, and it's been a LOT, I'm pretty happy with it's run.

So I bought the second one digitally. Away I go.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:40 am

SuperginraiX wrote:I finished Assassin's Creed this weekend. Man, I played the hell out of that game.

Unfortunately, that was the game that finally took out my disc reader. With all the games I've played on the 360, and it's been a LOT, I'm pretty happy with it's run.

So I bought the second one digitally. Away I go.

Wow are you going to try and fix the disk reader?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Oh really...

Microsoft paid YouTubers to say nice things about Xbox One - report

UPDATE: Machinima has responded to the accusation that it was deceiving viewers by stating its Xbox One promoting videos were "a typical marketing partnership" and otherwise dodging the question entirely. Here is the company's official statement on the matter:

"This partnership between Machinima and Microsoft was a typical marketing partnership to promote Xbox One in December. The Xbox team does not review any specific content or provide feedback on content. Any confidentiality provisions, terms or other guidelines are standard documents provided by Machinima. For clarity, confidentiality relates to the agreements themselves, not the existence of the promotion."

ORIGINAL STORY: YouTube users were offered money by Microsoft to speak positively of Xbox One and include footage of Xbox One games in their videos, a new report has revealed.

Full article at the link

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 224 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Day I just saw a similar article about FIFA 14 reviews.

I need to become a big YouTuber to cash in on the payola.Remember all the good things the youtubers said about FIFA 14 in August/September?

$10 per 1000 views. Meaning the bigger ones like KSI who had 2mil+ subs then would've gotten 80-100k for his.

Full story here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755600

Not a shock given they have employees who they pay to literally trawl the internet and troll people who criticise EA.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 pm

contramundi wrote:STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING...AND GO PLAY THE BANNER SAGA....IS THAT FUCKING GOOD

I guess play it just so you can say "screw you" to the Candy Crush guys. They are taking things too far.

Indie devs troll King's "Candy" trademark as Banner Saga targeted

UPDATE: The rumours surrounding King contesting the title The Banner Saga - over its use of the word "saga" - have been confirmed.

A firm "Notice of Opposition" has been filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office on behalf of King suggesting that "The Banner Saga mark is confusingly and deceptively similar to Opposer's previously used Saga Marks."

It further adds "The use and registration by Applicant of the mark The Banner Saga for Applicant's goods is likely to cause confusion or to cause mistake or deception in the trade, and among purchasers and potential purchasers, with Opposer's Saga Marks, again resulting in damage to Opposer."

Uh huh. The document fails to consider that one of these games is a turn-based strategy affair featuring Norse vikings while the other is a casual puzzler about using colourful sweets to battle less colourful sweets (i.e. chocolate). We're still awaiting comment from King on this one, while The Banner Saga developer Stoic Studios is keeping mum at the moment.

UPDATE #2: "Candy" trademark owner King has explained its reasons for opposing The Banner Saga's use of the word "Saga" in its name.

In a statement issued to Eurogamer, the casual games company defended its objection to the Norse strategy RPG and said it simply needed to contend the name to protect its own IP.

"King has not and is not trying to stop Banner Saga from using its name," a spokesperson explained. "We do not have any concerns that Banner Saga is trying build on our brand or our content. However, like any prudent company, we need to take all appropriate steps to protect our IP, both now and in the future.

"In this case, that means preserving our ability to enforce our rights in cases where other developers may try to use the Saga mark in a way which infringes our IP rights and causes player confusion. If we had not opposed Banner Saga's trade mark application, it would be much easier for real copy cats to argue that their use of 'Saga' was legitimate.

"This is an important issue for King because we already have a series of games where 'Saga' is key to the brand which our players associate with a King game; Candy Crush Saga, Bubble Witch Saga, Pet Rescue Saga, Farm Heroes Saga and so on. All of these titles have already faced substantive trademark and copyright issues with clones."

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm

candy crush assholes lol

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 am

bkthomson wrote:Wow are you going to try and fix the disk reader?

That would be nice but I think my 360 days are probably winding down, anyway. I was planning on digitally buying the rest of the AC games and... then I think I'm good. There are WAY too many XB1 games coming out this year that I ACTUALLY want to play. So I'll probably do that instead.

But Assassin's Creed II is damn fun. It took me a while to warm up to the game but once I started upgrading my house and town... I was sold.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum