Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 879 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Videogames...

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:56 am

SEGA Announces Sonic Boom: New Game, TV Show and Toys

SEGA has announced Sonic Boom, a fresh branch of the Sonic universe that includes a video game, toys and a new CG animated television series.

Sonic Boom will introduce redesigned versions of the popular hedgehog and his companions. To get your first glimpse at their new looks, check out the debut trailer for the Sonic Boom video game below, coming exclusively to Wii U and 3DS.

Starring Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose, the Sonic Boom game will serve as a prequel to the TV series and will focus on collaborative gameplay. The third title in the exclusive Nintendo-Sega partnership following Sonic: Lost World and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, it'll feature all the speed you'd expect from a Sonic game, alongside elements of exploration, combat and "a new Enerbeam tether mechanic".

The TV series will debut on Cartoon Network during the 2014/2015 season and will be made up of 52 episodes, each 11 minutes long. As you'd expect, a range of accompanying toys and merchandise will be produced featuring the new-look characters.

Advertisement

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:59 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Any PS4 user feel the controller is of crappy quality? Pretty sure I'm detecting the early signs of wear and tear.

And to compare, I've used the same PS3 controller ever since I bought my PS3. But the PS4 controller.....it worries me.

I don't have any such problem. :?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 pm

EA are really trying their hardest to secure the worst company award again:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-o ... 0-6417555/

Xbox One, PS4, and PC not getting FIFA World Cup game, devs explain why [UPDATE]
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil launches April 15. No Xbox One, PS4 or PC versions in development, but next-gen consoles will get a "range of World Cup content and tournaments" within Ultimate Team.

EA Sports will release the official game of the 2014 FIFA World Cup for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on April 15. There are no PC, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4 versions of the game in development.

When questioned about the lack of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, producer Matthew Prior told GameSpot that due to the international appeal of the game, they expect the vast majority of fans to be playing on current-gen systems. Emerging markets, such as host nation Brazil, had prohibitively low next-gen adoption rates.

According to statistics the PS2 is the most popular console in Brazil to this day. Weak reasoning.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:50 am

http://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/boom/?t=en_US

Knuckles....did they inject you with steroids? :shock:

And what's with the tape over sneakers? :lol:

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:41 am

I think the last Sonic game that I played and enjoyed was... Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. That one had some weird moments like when you were running around a city of humans doing quests but when it got fast it was awesome.

Actually, Sonic Adventure might be the only Sonic game I've enjoyed. The first two were kind of fun but were mostly a chore to play. :lol:

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:I think the last Sonic game that I played and enjoyed was... Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. That one had some weird moments like when you were running around a city of humans doing quests but when it got fast it was awesome.

Actually, Sonic Adventure might be the only Sonic game I've enjoyed. The first two were kind of fun but were mostly a chore to play. :lol:

I heard the 2D Sonic games on the GBA and DS were fun. I've played Sonic Adventure 1 and 2; the latter being better than the former. One thing it thankfully didn't have were the fishing stages. :smt090

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 597 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:06 pm

I liked the Cat levels in SA 1

:oops:

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Sonic Generations is really good. It's the only Sonic game I've liked since the 16-bit era.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:33 am

SuperginraiX wrote:I think the last Sonic game that I played and enjoyed was... Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. That one had some weird moments like when you were running around a city of humans doing quests but when it got fast it was awesome.

I loved Sonic Adventures.

There was even that little stupid chao game on the memory card. :lol:

Gummahfan
Tip Top Dancer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Gummahfan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 am

Anyone excited about this Evolve game? I'm personally super stoked.

http://gaminggrad.com/2014/02/12/actual ... or-evolve/

I wonder though how often you'll run into a noob monster.
My indie comic is finally released, you can check it out here.

If you want a digital copy, you can pick it up here

@cedricklui || cedricklui.com

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:31 am

doombug wrote:I loved Sonic Adventures.

There was even that little stupid chao game on the memory card. :lol:

That was a really novel idea from Sega but it never really took off. The battery in mine died real early on and I never bothered to replace it so I didn't get to play that game much :lol:

muddyglass
dr. strangelove

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: fear and trembling

Postby muddyglass » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 pm

txk was released on the ps vita recently and it is awesome. it's perfect for folks who enjoy retro gaming and techno music.
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:19 pm

muddyglass wrote:txk was released on the ps vita recently and it is awesome. it's perfect for folks who enjoy retro gaming and techno music.

It's pretty much a total ripoff of Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar, too!

Well, okay, I kid. It's made by the same people, so technically it's not a ripoff. :P

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Rockman wrote:
That was a really novel idea from Sega but it never really took off. The battery in mine died real early on and I never bothered to replace it so I didn't get to play that game much :lol:

It was basically a glorified tomagatchi (if you remember those) Though speaking of those, there was a godzilla one that was pretty awesome. :lol:

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:29 pm

doombug wrote:It was basically a glorified tomagatchi (if you remember those) Though speaking of those, there was a godzilla one that was pretty awesome. :lol:

oh yeah I remember tamagotchi. There were some jerks in middle school who would "look at it" and always reset it :smt013

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum