Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Videogames...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:59 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Any PS4 user feel the controller is of crappy quality? Pretty sure I'm detecting the early signs of wear and tear.

And to compare, I've used the same PS3 controller ever since I bought my PS3. But the PS4 controller.....it worries me.

I don't have any such problem. :?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 pm

EA are really trying their hardest to secure the worst company award again:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-o ... 0-6417555/

Xbox One, PS4, and PC not getting FIFA World Cup game, devs explain why [UPDATE]
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil launches April 15. No Xbox One, PS4 or PC versions in development, but next-gen consoles will get a "range of World Cup content and tournaments" within Ultimate Team.

EA Sports will release the official game of the 2014 FIFA World Cup for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on April 15. There are no PC, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4 versions of the game in development.

When questioned about the lack of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, producer Matthew Prior told GameSpot that due to the international appeal of the game, they expect the vast majority of fans to be playing on current-gen systems. Emerging markets, such as host nation Brazil, had prohibitively low next-gen adoption rates.

According to statistics the PS2 is the most popular console in Brazil to this day. Weak reasoning.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:50 am

http://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/boom/?t=en_US

Knuckles....did they inject you with steroids? :shock:

And what's with the tape over sneakers? :lol:

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:41 am

I think the last Sonic game that I played and enjoyed was... Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. That one had some weird moments like when you were running around a city of humans doing quests but when it got fast it was awesome.

Actually, Sonic Adventure might be the only Sonic game I've enjoyed. The first two were kind of fun but were mostly a chore to play. :lol:

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:I think the last Sonic game that I played and enjoyed was... Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. That one had some weird moments like when you were running around a city of humans doing quests but when it got fast it was awesome.

Actually, Sonic Adventure might be the only Sonic game I've enjoyed. The first two were kind of fun but were mostly a chore to play. :lol:

I heard the 2D Sonic games on the GBA and DS were fun. I've played Sonic Adventure 1 and 2; the latter being better than the former. One thing it thankfully didn't have were the fishing stages. :smt090

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:06 pm

I liked the Cat levels in SA 1

:oops:

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Sonic Generations is really good. It's the only Sonic game I've liked since the 16-bit era.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:33 am

SuperginraiX wrote:I think the last Sonic game that I played and enjoyed was... Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. That one had some weird moments like when you were running around a city of humans doing quests but when it got fast it was awesome.

I loved Sonic Adventures.

There was even that little stupid chao game on the memory card. :lol:

Gummahfan

Tip Top Dancer

Postby Gummahfan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 am

Anyone excited about this Evolve game? I'm personally super stoked.

http://gaminggrad.com/2014/02/12/actual ... or-evolve/

I wonder though how often you'll run into a noob monster.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:31 am

doombug wrote:I loved Sonic Adventures.

There was even that little stupid chao game on the memory card. :lol:

That was a really novel idea from Sega but it never really took off. The battery in mine died real early on and I never bothered to replace it so I didn't get to play that game much :lol:

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 pm

txk was released on the ps vita recently and it is awesome. it's perfect for folks who enjoy retro gaming and techno music.

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:19 pm

muddyglass wrote:txk was released on the ps vita recently and it is awesome. it's perfect for folks who enjoy retro gaming and techno music.

It's pretty much a total ripoff of Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar, too!

Well, okay, I kid. It's made by the same people, so technically it's not a ripoff. :P

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Rockman wrote:
That was a really novel idea from Sega but it never really took off. The battery in mine died real early on and I never bothered to replace it so I didn't get to play that game much :lol:

It was basically a glorified tomagatchi (if you remember those) Though speaking of those, there was a godzilla one that was pretty awesome. :lol:

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:29 pm

doombug wrote:It was basically a glorified tomagatchi (if you remember those) Though speaking of those, there was a godzilla one that was pretty awesome. :lol:

oh yeah I remember tamagotchi. There were some jerks in middle school who would "look at it" and always reset it :smt013

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:37 pm

spidertour02 wrote:
It's pretty much a total ripoff of Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar, too!

Well, okay, I kid. It's made by the same people, so technically it's not a ripoff. :P

:D

that video doesn't do justice to txk's graphics on the vita's oled screen. this game is very trippy and the experience is enhanced even more when you play with headphones. as you progress, there are stages where the surface morphs, wobbles and even folds in on itself. very cool.

leave a comment with facebook