Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41431
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 86 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Videogames...

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:05 am

Any 3DS players here play Bravely Default?
Image

Advertisement

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21517
Likes: 253 posts
Liked in: 575 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Re: Videogames...

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:15 am

Chris wrote:Any 3DS players here play Bravely Default?

Love it. Just started chapter 4 with that gawddamn iceape :smt013

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41431
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 86 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Videogames...

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:26 pm

I'm not too far in. Just got past the intro stage. Crazy story aside, I love it.
Image

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21517
Likes: 253 posts
Liked in: 575 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Re: Videogames...

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Chris wrote:I'm not too far in. Just got past the intro stage. Crazy story aside, I love it.

Choosing jobs is a pain. They all bring something to the table so I'm changing them all the time. And then there are the occupations like Performer or Merchant which I just can't get any interest in, unlike Salve Maker that I laughed off at first but now can't live without.

As for the story, I'm finding it interesting but it is a bit tedious at times.

Build Norende! The free stuff you get once it gets going is worth it. If you need a friend code to move it along faster let me know.

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 72041
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 804 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray


Online



Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41431
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 86 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Videogames...

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Amoebas wrote:Choosing jobs is a pain. They all bring something to the table so I'm changing them all the time. And then there are the occupations like Performer or Merchant which I just can't get any interest in, unlike Salve Maker that I laughed off at first but now can't live without.

As for the story, I'm finding it interesting but it is a bit tedious at times.

Build Norende! The free stuff you get once it gets going is worth it. If you need a friend code to move it along faster let me know.


Sure, I don't know anyone who even owns a 3DS much less this game.

I've found it tedius, but it's not a big deal.

The story, on the other hand, is insane... like, Agnes is married to a fucking crystal? Or someshit?

I'm mostly used to these crazy stories via Final Fantasy, but still... it's best not to think too hard about it. :lol:

I love games with job classes. I only have Knight, Monk, White and Black Mage.

I've found Knight and Monk to be most useful for me thus far.
Image

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21517
Likes: 253 posts
Liked in: 575 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Re: Videogames...

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Chris wrote:I love games with job classes. I only have Knight, Monk, White and Black Mage.

I've found Knight and Monk to be most useful for me thus far.

I love job classes too, but on one hand it's difficult what with all the job changing, there's the follow-up ability and equipment changing (which is time consuming and takes away from the adventure. On the hand it's too easy to just change a fighter class to a white/red mage to use otherwise useless MP to heal up between battles and then change back. It's feels like cheating.

SuperginraiX
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 8194
Likes: 115 posts
Liked in: 116 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: Waite Park MN
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane


Online


Re: Videogames...

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 pm

sdsichero wrote:And yeah that AssCreed thing was real.

Assassin's Creed: Unity announced


French Revolution. Should be awesome. And messy.
Image

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 35876
Likes: 671 posts
Liked in: 428 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Re: Videogames...

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:44 pm

sdsichero wrote:And yeah that AssCreed thing was real.

Assassin's Creed: Unity announced



And it's only going to be available for the PS3 and XBox One. I own every Assassin's Creed game out so far. This will seriously temp me to get a PS3.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41431
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 86 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Videogames...

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
And it's only going to be available for the PS3 and XBox One. I own every Assassin's Creed game out so far. This will seriously temp me to get a PS3.


PS4, not PS3.

PS3 and 360 are getting their own brand new AC game.
Image

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Videogames...

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:06 am

sdsichero wrote:And yeah that AssCreed thing was real.

Assassin's Creed: Unity announced



with a sound track from le miserables, I bet.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Videogames...

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:08 am

Ok, Lego Movie is now 100% Completed! All Achievements had!

Now, on to the STICK OF TRUTH! And Lego Marvel when the kids are around.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21517
Likes: 253 posts
Liked in: 575 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Re: Videogames...

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:38 am

bkthomson wrote:Ok, Lego Movie is now 100% Completed! All Achievements had!

Now, on to the STICK OF TRUTH! And Lego Marvel when the kids are around.

I promised myself I'd return and finish 'A LInk Between Worlds' after finishing 'Bravely Default', but I've already taken up 'Trozei' on my down time. so the new promise is to return to 'Zelda' after that. Then it's 'Marvel Lego' followed by oft delayed 'Fire Emblem'.

THEN it's 'Stick of Truth' (which I'm certain will move up the food chain simply because I love all the trailers... "If you want your name to be Doucebag, click yes" :smt044 )

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Videogames...

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:10 am

Amoebas wrote:I promised myself I'd return and finish 'A LInk Between Worlds' after finishing 'Bravely Default', but I've already taken up 'Trozei' on my down time. so the new promise is to return to 'Zelda' after that. Then it's 'Marvel Lego' followed by oft delayed 'Fire Emblem'.

THEN it's 'Stick of Truth' (which I'm certain will move up the food chain simply because I love all the trailers... "If you want your name to be Doucebag, click yes" :smt044 )

Yeah, why I cannot at this game with the kids around. "Dad what do they mean by doucebag?" Ummm.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21517
Likes: 253 posts
Liked in: 575 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Re: Videogames...

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 am

bkthomson wrote:Yeah, why I cannot at this game with the kids around. "Dad what do they mean by doucebag?" Ummm.

My main dilemma (because our kids are out of the house) is my travel. I don't want to start a PS3/WiiU game now because I'm gone most business weeks (San Fran 4 weeks ago, Phoenix last week, Boise this upcoming). The only games I can focus on now are 3DS on my cross country flights.

And just as soon as this hectic schedule slows down, it'll be warm outside (I hope) when my game play dwindles. I'll be lucky if I can get to SoT before fall (when football starts so let's say next January :lol: ).

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 54 guests

Advertisement