Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Videogames...

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 am

Chris wrote:
PS4, not PS3.

PS3 and 360 are getting their own brand new AC game.

Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. That was a typo on my part. :oops:

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:03 am

Amoebas wrote:I promised myself I'd return and finish 'A LInk Between Worlds' after finishing 'Bravely Default', but I've already taken up 'Trozei' on my down time. so the new promise is to return to 'Zelda' after that. Then it's 'Marvel Lego' followed by oft delayed 'Fire Emblem'.

THEN it's 'Stick of Truth' (which I'm certain will move up the food chain simply because I love all the trailers... "If you want your name to be Doucebag, click yes" :smt044 )

Fire Emblem is one of the best games of last year.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:05 am

Chris wrote:Fire Emblem is one of the best games of last year.

And it sits unopened not more than 4 feet from me :-(

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:37 pm

infamous second son,anyone tried it for ps4??

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 257 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 pm

contramundi wrote:infamous second son,anyone tried it for ps4??

I have. Just beat the story as a hero and am currently mopping up for a 100%.

I'll start with this being on next gen: The game feels so smooth and to me that's the difference between ps3/360 and ps4. Every game feels smoother and more fluid whereas last gen everything felt heavy, frame drop was a massive issue even in less populated areas and there was a lot of jagged edges despite the textures and shaders.

It's great. DUP troops are a lot harder than your usual Infamous henchmen though...hard to tell damage without the old HUD as well. Using your powers like you would lightning was a bad move on my part till I got the hang of it. Conserving and recharging is a must even for basic shots (unlike with the Cole games).

Gameplay wise though, outside the new power set and better graphics (big difference...actually LOOKS like the next gen of gaming for a change) it's Infamous to its core but to the next level which is a good thing.

Story still seems very thin though...doubt there'll ever be another boss like Kessler again and Augustine was a rinse and repeat boss. And the Delsin/Reggie dynamic is nowhere near as entertaining as Cole/Zeke, matter of fact I wish I could kill Reggie. So the story is pretty basic....no more big twists like Cole discovering he's Kessler or the choice ending to 2. Seems like they played it safe, by the book and didn't go for anything as epic.

And despite the Infamous 2 ending with the lightning striking the ship there is no Cole :(

BTW Delsin is voiced by the same guy that voices the male boss in Saints Row.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 13 posts

Postby Evan Meadow » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:05 pm

bkthomson wrote:Ok, Lego Movie is now 100% Completed! All Achievements had!

Now, on to the STICK OF TRUTH! And Lego Marvel when the kids are around.

Well I'm now a PS4 owner. And I got Infamous: Second Son yesterday as well. Course I still need to plug it in, play the first 2 Infamous games on my PS3, along with ALL the other games I need to play on PS3. LOL get to the PS4 one of these days. Need to buy Assassin's Creed IV as well as preorder Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Watch Dogs.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:30 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
I have. Just beat the story as a hero and am currently mopping up for a 100%.

I'll start with this being on next gen: The game feels so smooth and to me that's the difference between ps3/360 and ps4. Every game feels smoother and more fluid whereas last gen everything felt heavy, frame drop was a massive issue even in less populated areas and there was a lot of jagged edges despite the textures and shaders.

It's great. DUP troops are a lot harder than your usual Infamous henchmen though...hard to tell damage without the old HUD as well. Using your powers like you would lightning was a bad move on my part till I got the hang of it. Conserving and recharging is a must even for basic shots (unlike with the Cole games).

Gameplay wise though, outside the new power set and better graphics (big difference...actually LOOKS like the next gen of gaming for a change) it's Infamous to its core but to the next level which is a good thing.

Story still seems very thin though...doubt there'll ever be another boss like Kessler again and Augustine was a rinse and repeat boss. And the Delsin/Reggie dynamic is nowhere near as entertaining as Cole/Zeke, matter of fact I wish I could kill Reggie. So the story is pretty basic....no more big twists like Cole discovering he's Kessler or the choice ending to 2. Seems like they played it safe, by the book and didn't go for anything as epic.

And despite the Infamous 2 ending with the lightning striking the ship there is no Cole :(

BTW Delsin is voiced by the same guy that voices the male boss in Saints Row.

That is Troy Baker, who also voiced Joel in The Last of Us, Two-Face in the Arkham games and Booker in Bioshock: Infinite. And he will be voicing Ocelot in MGS V.

Probably the third biggest name guy behind David Hayter and Nolan North in voice acting for games. Dude is everywhere.

And I agree with your thoughts on the game, although I haven't finished. My biggest takeaway from it so far is how impressive the new powers are. Neon, especially, is FUN AS HELL. I feel like The Flash with a neon lightsaber sometimes.

The story is thin, but I think the sandbox and gameplay have usually been the appeal of this franchise, so it's not an issue for me.

Agreed that this game needs a Zeke,though. Although I kind of feel like Delsin is this game's Zeke, and Reggie is Cole so the character dynamic is still similar to me, just reversed.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 670 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Amoebas wrote:And it sits unopened not more than 4 feet from me :-(

Even I played it... Okay never finished, but that's me.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 257 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Chris wrote:That is Troy Baker, who also voiced Joel in The Last of Us, Two-Face in the Arkham games and Booker in Bioshock: Infinite. And he will be voicing Ocelot in MGS V.

Probably the third biggest name guy behind David Hayter and Nolan North in voice acting for games. Dude is everywhere.

And I agree with your thoughts on the game, although I haven't finished. My biggest takeaway from it so far is how impressive the new powers are. Neon, especially, is FUN AS HELL. I feel like The Flash with a neon lightsaber sometimes.

The story is thin, but I think the sandbox and gameplay have usually been the appeal of this franchise, so it's not an issue for me.

Agreed that this game needs a Zeke,though. Although I kind of feel like Delsin is this game's Zeke, and Reggie is Cole so the character dynamic is still similar to me, just reversed.

Video did it for me, the ability to rack up countless perfect stealth kills with invisibility, throw swords and its form of flying was incredible. I was tearing apart even the toughest DUP outposts to shreds. Hardly ever noticed that I didn't have as many recharge points.

BTW you got paper trail working? Can't find where I sync it with my PSN account.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:30 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Video did it for me, the ability to rack up countless perfect stealth kills with invisibility, throw swords and its form of flying was incredible. I was tearing apart even the toughest DUP outposts to shreds. Hardly ever noticed that I didn't have as many recharge points.

BTW you got paper trail working? Can't find where I sync it with my PSN account.

Haven't even tried yet.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Wow that was unexpected (to me anyway)....VR Farmville?

Facebook Buying Oculus Virtual Reality Company for $2 Billion

Facebook will acquire virtual reality technology company Oculus VR for $2 billion, the social networking giant announced Tuesday. Oculus makes the Oculus Rift, a virtual reality headset originally funded on Kickstarter.

Though Oculus’s endeavors so far have focused on gaming, Facebook said in a press release that it intends to extend the use of the technology to communications, media and other forms of entertainment. Oculus has received 75,000 orders for development kits for its Rift headset thus far.

“Mobile is the platform of today, and now we’re also getting ready for the platforms of tomorrow,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a company release. “Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play and communicate.”

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:14 pm

:smt011

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:21 pm

GLX wrote: :smt011

If it matters, while I'm in Boise this week, the game now sits unopened 2,646 miles from me.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Amoebas wrote:

If it matters, while I'm in Boise this week, the game now sits unopened 2,646 miles from me.

:smt011

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum