Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 50 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm

TheScantronman wrote:They outsell everyone. I love Nintendo, just not when they put out stuff like WiiMusic.

And as far as their true flagship titles go, nobody can really make a better game than they can.

I'd argue that when Nintendo brings their A-Game to a title nobody can make a better game period.

Advertisement

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:01 pm

What's the last good Nintendo game?

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

C20Percent wrote:What's the last good Nintendo game?

Nintendo published?
inyourVIProomgettingcblockedbyyourroommate

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

C20Percent wrote:What's the last good Nintendo game?

Mario Galaxy was incredible and it's only a year old. It won game of the year from IGN and Gamespot.

Baskerville Holmes

Happy Pony Day!

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:06 pm

C20Percent wrote:I just gotta disagree. I bought a Gamecube for #100 -- I regret it -- I had Metroid Prime, which was good, and I had Zelda Wind Waker, which didn't do it for me. Every other 1st Party game they have is Mario "X". Everyone I know that has a Wii doesn't use it -- it's collecting dust. I'd like to see that guy that only has a Wii, and considers himself/herself a serious gamer. What is the Wii's highest selling title right now? Wii Fit? Smash Bros.? I'm so done with Nintendo -- I pretty much have been since the NES. I completely ignored the Super NES for Sega Genesis -- the only game I think I ever played on 64 was Goldeneye -- myabe a little Mario Kart.

I would like to see their demographic -- who is buying this stuff? How often do you play your Wii compared to the 360 or PS3? I'm just a Nintendo hater.

The SNES is the best video game console ever created. If you disagree you are wrong.

Nintendo has had Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, every one of which is a AAA, top-notch title.

I'd like to know what your definition of a "hardcore/serious" gamer is, because it probably isn't very "hardcore."
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7824/340x.gif[/img]

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Mario Galaxy was incredible and it's only a year old. It won game of the year from IGN and Gamespot.

See, I'm just not a big Mario fan. I never even played Sunshine, and had every opportunity. I thought Mario 64 was good enough, but I'm just tired of throwing Mario on almost every game. I mean, Mario Tennis or Mario Soccer -- even if the gameplay is solid that just overdoing it -- that's too much.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:09 pm

TheScantronman wrote:I'd like to know what your definition of a "hardcore/serious" gamer is, because it probably isn't very "hardcore."

My definition of a hardcore game is someone that only has a Wii and plays Smash Bros for 8 hours a day.

Baskerville Holmes

Happy Pony Day!

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:09 pm

C20Percent wrote:See, I'm just not a big Mario fan. I never even played Sunshine, and had every opportunity. I thought Mario 64 was good enough, but I'm just tired of throwing Mario on almost every game. I mean, Mario Tennis or Mario Soccer -- even if the gameplay is solid that just overdoing it -- that's too much.

The offshoot titles can get tedious, but seriously Mario 64 is one of the best games of all time, and there's a reason that in most "Best of All Time" lists you will find the top 20 and usually top 10 dominated by Nintendo titles.

The sheer amount of "one of the best games of all time" that can be found on the SNES is staggering.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:11 pm

C20Percent wrote:See, I'm just not a big Mario fan. I never even played Sunshine, and had every opportunity. I thought Mario 64 was good enough, but I'm just tired of throwing Mario on almost every game. I mean, Mario Tennis or Mario Soccer -- even if the gameplay is solid that just overdoing it -- that's too much.

I only buy the Mario platformers or maybe Mario Kart. I did sell my Wii recently because I felt and still feel Nintendo is alienating it's hardcore audience with the Wii. Even Punch-Out one of my all time favorites isn't enough to lure me back. They lost me.

I'll still never speak a bad word about their game franchises. Zelda's are always always guaranteed fun.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:11 pm

TheScantronman wrote:The offshoot titles can get tedious, but seriously Mario 64 is one of the best games of all time, and there's a reason that in most "Best of All Time" lists you will find the top 20 and usually top 10 dominated by Nintendo titles.

The sheer amount of "one of the best games of all time" that can be found on the SNES is staggering.

I'm not sure what SNES games you're referring to -- if you'd like to give me a quick list of 5 or 10, then cool. I'll give SNES this -- it was the console of choice if you were big into RPG's, which I wasn't then -- and aside from a Final Fantasy here or there -- I'm still not.

GLX

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:13 pm

C20Percent wrote:I'm not sure what SNES games you're referring to -- if you'd like to give me a quick list of 5 or 10, then cool. I'll give SNES this -- it was the console of choice if you were big into RPG's, which I wasn't then -- and aside from a Final Fantasy here or there -- I'm still not.

Chrono Trigger
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past
Super Metroid

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Jack Burton wrote:I only buy the Mario platformers or maybe Mario Kart. I did sell my Wii recently because I felt and still feel Nintendo is alienating it's hardcore audience with the Wii. Even Punch-Out one of my all time favorites isn't enough to lure me back. They lost me.

I'll still never speak a bad word about their game franchises. Zelda's are always always guaranteed fun.

They lost you. I'm not quite sure they ever had me, although -- like I said -- I did buy the Gamecube. If I played hand held games -- like if I still rode the Metro into work -- then I could see myself possibly purchasing a DS over a PSP, but I'm just not sure I'd ever purchase a Nintendo home console regardless of the software.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 69 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:16 pm

C20Percent wrote:I just gotta disagree. I bought a Gamecube for #100 -- I regret it -- I had Metroid Prime, which was good, and I had Zelda Wind Waker, which didn't do it for me. Every other 1st Party game they have is Mario "X". Everyone I know that has a Wii doesn't use it -- it's collecting dust. I'd like to see that guy that only has a Wii, and considers himself/herself a serious gamer. What is the Wii's highest selling title right now? Wii Fit? Smash Bros.? I'm so done with Nintendo -- I pretty much have been since the NES. I completely ignored the Super NES for Sega Genesis -- the only game I think I ever played on 64 was Goldeneye -- myabe a little Mario Kart.

I would like to see their demographic -- who is buying this stuff? How often do you play your Wii compared to the 360 or PS3? I'm just a Nintendo hater.

I'm with you.

I have a Wii, but Nintendo isn't for us.

Just look at their commercials. It's all little girls playing Nintendogs or Wii music.

More power to them for making it big, just not my cup of tea.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:16 pm

GLX wrote:Chrono Trigger
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past
Super Metroid

Mario Mario Mario

Baskerville Holmes

Happy Pony Day!

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:17 pm

C20Percent wrote:I'm not sure what SNES games you're referring to -- if you'd like to give me a quick list of 5 or 10, then cool. I'll give SNES this -- it was the console of choice if you were big into RPG's, which I wasn't then -- and aside from a Final Fantasy here or there -- I'm still not.

Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI
Mortal Kombat II (best port of the arcade version ever made)
Super Castlevania IV
F-Zero
Donkey Kong Country
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Punch Out!!

And that's just some. I could go on and on.

And aside from the first Mortal Kombat game, just about every single multiplatform title was far superior on the SNES due to it being much more powerful (ESPECIALLY in the sound department).
Last edited by Baskerville Holmes on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum