Advertisement

Wait.. Archangel is back??

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Comedian

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby The Comedian » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:32 pm

So he's blue and has metal wings again. Great.

Advertisement

The Comedian

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby The Comedian » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:34 pm

DaReekstah wrote:That's an insult to Art Adams.

Adams is criminally underrated.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post

Postby McKegan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Any cover with Longshot on it is automatically awesome, so shut it!

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:51 pm

jza1218 wrote:It was a screencap of a chick getting a load blown on her face probably

That's what it looks like. And I find that disturbing, especially on Pixie....

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 pm

twoheads wrote:I think it's more like the 80's stuff, myself. Look at the enemies they use, Nimrod, Stryker, Belasco, Selene(although that was more of a tease), all from the 80's. I loved the book, though. I really liked that the team felt like it grew together, and was forged, quite literally, in the heat of battle. They had to kick ass or die. When they finally managed to put away Nimrod(with some help) they finally turned the corner and were on their way towards better things. I understand that sales were bad and the book had to end, but I really think it was just starting to hit its stride.

And I feel bad for not helping support it. I loved the Nimrod stuff. (In trade, of course.) And, yeah, a lot of the characters come from the eighties (almost all the villians), but the writing style feels more like the 90's to me.

And anyone who brings back Bastion as a villian (and he's always had potential) has read them some 90's books. I thinks that's why I like these two guys. They do their homework.

You look at Young X-Men and how blah it is, and you just kind of shake your head as to why they cancelled New X-Men to begin with. Then again, I don't understand any of the decisions that have come out of the X-office since Messiah Complex.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:42 pm

NedPepper wrote:And I feel bad for not helping support it. I loved the Nimrod stuff. (In trade, of course.) And, yeah, a lot of the characters come from the eighties (almost all the villians), but the writing style feels more like the 90's to me.

And anyone who brings back Bastion as a villian (and he's always had potential) has read them some 90's books. I thinks that's why I like these two guys. They do their homework.

You look at Young X-Men and how blah it is, and you just kind of shake your head as to why they cancelled New X-Men to begin with. Then again, I don't understand any of the decisions that have come out of the X-office since Messiah Complex.

Oh, I definitely think X-Force is a love letter to 90's comics, no argument there at all.

Young X-men is a shame because I like just about every character in the book, a lot, and I gave it a mulligan on the first issue because I was hoping it would get better, but it didn't. It makes no sense, and it actually made me dislike characters that I otherwise enjoy. It's just a mess.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 pm

twoheads wrote:Oh, I definitely think X-Force is a love letter to 90's comics, no argument there at all.

Young X-men is a shame because I like just about every character in the book, a lot, and I gave it a mulligan on the first issue because I was hoping it would get better, but it didn't. It makes no sense, and it actually made me dislike characters that I otherwise enjoy. It's just a mess.

I'm just surprised that Guggenheim is trying to pass off some imposter as Cyclops, and expects readers to play along. The story -- so far -- is so ridiculous: Either that is Scott Summers, and he's so out of character that it's not even funny, or it's not Scott Summers and it was completely obvious. Third option is he's being controlled, which would be stupid. Guggenheim should give New X-Men readers more respect than what he's showing in Young X-Men.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:59 pm

C20Percent wrote:I'm just surprised that Guggenheim is trying to pass off some imposter as Cyclops, and expects readers to play along. The story -- so far -- is so ridiculous: Either that is Scott Summers, and he's so out of character that it's not even funny, or it's not Scott Summers and it was completely obvious. Third option is he's being controlled, which would be stupid. Guggenheim should give New X-Men readers more respect than what he's showing in Young X-Men.

If that's Scott Summers then it's, officially, the worst take on an existing character that I've ever read, and I'm usually really lenient on characterization issues. You're right, though, the other option is that my intelligence is being insulted, so I'm not sure which is worse.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:03 am

twoheads wrote:If that's Scott Summers then it's, officially, the worst take on an existing character that I've ever read, and I'm usually really lenient on characterization issues. You're right, though, the other option is that my intelligence is being insulted, so I'm not sure which is worse.

I thought we were supposed to think it's Pierce due to the dream in #1?

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:06 am

DaReekstah wrote:I thought we were supposed to think it's Pierce due to the dream in #1?

I'm fairly sure that's the case, although I haven't read it after issue #2, but it didn't come out and say 'it's not scott', or 'it is Pierce', and you would think that someone like Dust or Rockslide would know Scott well enough to realize that this dude making them go do all this weird shit obviously isn't who he says he is. Honestly, though, that's just the tip of the iceberg with that series.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:07 am

DaReekstah wrote:I thought we were supposed to think it's Pierce due to the dream in #1?

It can't be Pierce -- in one panel Ink's working with Pierce, and in another panel Ink's lying to Summers.

Edit: Just went back and looked at issue #3 -- it's not really confirmed that's it's Pierce who Ink gives Moonstar and Blindfold.

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:25 pm

twoheads wrote:I'm fairly sure that's the case, although I haven't read it after issue #2, but it didn't come out and say 'it's not scott', or 'it is Pierce', and you would think that someone like Dust or Rockslide would know Scott well enough to realize that this dude making them go do all this weird shit obviously isn't who he says he is. Honestly, though, that's just the tip of the iceberg with that series.

The entire premise is a mess. I just don't see how this got through it's intial pitch phase.

They could have done a Young X-Men team witih most of the cast from New X-Men, and gone anywhere with it, but this is what Guggenhiem offers? I haven't liked anything he's done.

I think it backs my opinion that just because you're a TV writer doesn't make you qualified to write super hero comics.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:59 pm

NedPepper wrote:The entire premise is a mess. I just don't see how this got through it's intial pitch phase.

They could have done a Young X-Men team witih most of the cast from New X-Men, and gone anywhere with it, but this is what Guggenhiem offers? I haven't liked anything he's done.

I think it backs my opinion that just because you're a TV writer doesn't make you qualified to write super hero comics.

I dunno.. outside of the Cyclops thing, which I think has to be given a chance to develop until we can judge it.. it's been pretty solid.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:21 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I dunno.. outside of the Cyclops thing, which I think has to be given a chance to develop until we can judge it.. it's been pretty solid.

Same with me.

I'm really enjoying Young X-Men and I think it's pretty obvious that it's definitely not Cyclops.

Crump
Hater

Postby Crump » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:54 pm

DaReekstah wrote:

i can't stand the guy's art, but i will buy anything with Longshot front & center on a cover. if anyone gets their hands on a copy, pls let me know.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum