Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I want a room just like this.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:02 pm

nietoperz wrote:No: like the UK, Sweden has been wise enough to avoid adopting the evil Euro so far.

American currency sucks now. :cry:

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:51 pm

Forbush Man wrote:American currency sucks now. :cry:

I think this man would disagree with you:

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:26 am

Forbush Man wrote:I'd be fine with that. And it looks like there are some pounds or euros or something. Give the Europeans their money and the Americans theirs.

I'll take Euros thank you. They're worth more than the U.S. dollar. Which by the way, is actually worth less than the Canadian dollar.

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:44 am

DeadFett wrote:I'll take Euros thank you. They're worth more than the U.S. dollar. Which by the way, is actually worth less than the Canadian dollar.

Now let's be fair. It is their money. :smt013

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:46 am

Forbush Man wrote:Now let's be fair. It is their money. :smt013

Don't care. I still want it.

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:48 am

DeadFett wrote:Don't care. I still want it.

I'll trade you Euros for Deadpool comics.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:50 am

Forbush Man wrote:I'll trade you Euros for Deadpool comics.

It would have to be a lot of Euros...

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:28 pm

DeadFett wrote:I'll take Euros thank you. They're worth more than the U.S. dollar. Which by the way, is actually worth less than the Canadian dollar.
It's up and down. I still get charged more when I buy stuff in American dollars from my credit card company because they suck. I usually try to use paypal when I can. It goes at the exchange rate.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:30 pm

The American Dollar is in a lot of trouble right now. As far as I know £1=$1.9, which is a pretty poor state of affairs (unless you're a tourist, in which case now is the time to go to the US and shop 'til you drop).

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:42 pm

nietoperz wrote:The American Dollar is in a lot of trouble right now. As far as I know £1=$1.9, which is a pretty poor state of affairs (unless you're a tourist, in which case now is the time to go to the US and shop 'til you drop).
You should've seen the Canada-US borders a month or two ago...ridiculous.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:40 pm

nietoperz wrote:The American Dollar is in a lot of trouble right now. As far as I know £1=$1.9, which is a pretty poor state of affairs (unless you're a tourist, in which case now is the time to go to the US and shop 'til you drop).

Yep.

The banks took a huge hit on the subprime mortgage thing, oil hit $100 a barrel, a report came out about the state of U.S. manufacturing (needless to say, it wasn't pretty), etc.

It's looking more and more like we're heading into a bit or a recession, despite the President saying "all the economic indicators are good" :roll:

They said that before the Great Depression too.

On the other hand, there's a lot of people screaming "the sky is falling". I think it's the sort of thing we'll recover from fairly quickly. We were bound for a recession anyway. This country just had about 15 years of unprecedented growth. At some point that's gonna come back down to earth.

And the silver lining is that it's a great time to invest for the long term.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:45 pm

what exactly would you suggest investing in?

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:47 pm

starlord wrote:what exactly would you suggest investing in?

blow up dolls

There's always a market for them...

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:48 pm

believe me... I've invested enough in those things... :oops:

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:53 pm

starlord wrote:believe me... I've invested enough in those things... :oops:

Joking aside, the smartest thing to do is diversify. Don't put all your money in the same thing. Spread it around. Eventually every sector goes through a boom. Right now it's energy. Eventually that will cool off and the next "big thing" will boom. If you spread your money around, you're more likely to catch a piece of the action.

leave a comment with facebook