Advertisement

Wanted 2, Jesus Christ Superstar and Red Star?!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Wanted 2, Jesus Christ Superstar and Red Star?!

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Variety says that Universal Pictures has reupped Wanted producer Marc Platt for five years, keeping Marc Platt Productions on the lot through late 2012.

The deal comes as Platt begins work on Wanted 2 with director Timur Bekmambetov and writers Michael Brandt and Derek Haas.

For Wanted 2, Platt acknowledged that the creative team is still working on the challenge of continuing the story after most of the principal characters ended the original in no position for an encore. But the film was designed as a potential franchise, Universal production president Donna Langley said. The intention is to get James McAvoy back.

"The writers are at work already, and those creative discussions are taking place," said Platt, who is producing once again with Jim Lemley.

That duo also is teamed with Bekmambetov on a Universal adaptation of the Christian Gossett sci-fi graphic novel The Red Star, which has a script draft by Matthew Sand.

Platt also just set up a remake of the 1973 rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar, and Platt and the studio are taking formative steps toward a screen adaptation of "Wicked," the stage musical that Universal co-finances and Platt produces with David Stone. Book writer Winnie Holzman will write the script.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Wanted 2, Jesus Christ Superstar and Red Star?!

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 pm

I liked the first one. I'll be interested in what the sequel's direction would be.

I can't believe they didn't have a sequel clause for MacAvoy. Isn't that relatively standard now?

scottmdavis
Factor 8

Liked in: 0 post

Postby scottmdavis » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:12 pm

i read that its supposed to be a prequel and a sequel. mostly doing with Freemans and Jolie's characters.
[center]Image[/center]

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:18 pm

scottmdavis wrote:i read that its supposed to be a prequel and a sequel. mostly doing with Freemans and Jolie's characters.

Hmmmm... That's unfortunate. That would probably have a lot to do with the Loom of Fate, which I thought was the weakest part of the movie.

I wished that the reveal in the end was that it was all bullshit. The Fraternity had simply created the Loom thousands of years ago for their own purposes or something like that.

fallentaco
SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Wanted 2 could work, I really dug the first movie and I think there can be more adventures to be had. I sort of want them to bring in the supervillian world controlling plot from the book as a plot point.
b]It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Cap’s shield.[/b]-Joe Q

Read Blue Beetle, Manhunter and DMZ!!!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:20 pm

fallentaco wrote:Wanted 2 could work, I really dug the first movie and I think there can be more adventures to be had. I sort of want them to bring in the supervillian world controlling plot from the book as a plot point.

I wish they had brought a little of that in the first. They didn't have to be supervillains, just assassins that rule the world. I think that would have been cool enough.

fallentaco
SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Yeah, I hope the sequel has like the real fraternity controlling the world, tie in the cloth of fate, illuminati, etc. and it could work somehow...but they need Marl involved in a tiny way.
b]It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Cap’s shield.[/b]-Joe Q

Read Blue Beetle, Manhunter and DMZ!!!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:25 pm

fallentaco wrote:Yeah, I hope the sequel has like the real fraternity controlling the world, tie in the cloth of fate, illuminati, etc. and it could work somehow...but they need Marl involved in a tiny way.

Hmmm... Illuminati, and the real Fraternity... very cool.

I thought that was going to be part of the first movie. Oh well, it gives them someplace to go.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1145 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Jesus Christ Superstar is one of those things that they should really just leave alone. They're going to ruin it just like they do everything good that they remake.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

ErickCruz
Mad Hatter

Postby ErickCruz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 pm

im more interested in "Wicked". I havent seen the musical but any story that tells the tale of the Witches of Oz should be cool. Heck, im surprised Wizard of Oz is one of those movies that hasnt been revamped.
I AM GOD! er... BATFAN
AKA the Punk

[url=http://erickcruz.deviantart.com/]My artwork[/url]
[url=http://erick-cruz.webs.com/]MY cheap @$$ website[/url]

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 pm

LordSimian wrote:
JudeTerror wrote:Jesus Christ Superstar is one of those things that they should really just leave alone. They're going to ruin it just like they do everything good that they remake.

Now, my opinion is that they could do whatever they want, and it's not going to RUIN anything. I can just throw my JCS DVD in the player and see it, it's exactly the same and just as awesome.

That said.... No, no. There's no need to redo JCS.

But right now, JCS is something that most people think is corny, and only those "in the know" recognize as being awesome. When they remake it, a bunch of tools will go around liking the new bling bling jesus hip hop remake, and it will ruin the enjoyment because now you and a bunch of tools have something in common.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm

JudeTerror wrote:
LordSimian wrote:
JudeTerror wrote:Jesus Christ Superstar is one of those things that they should really just leave alone. They're going to ruin it just like they do everything good that they remake.

Now, my opinion is that they could do whatever they want, and it's not going to RUIN anything. I can just throw my JCS DVD in the player and see it, it's exactly the same and just as awesome.

That said.... No, no. There's no need to redo JCS.

But right now, JCS is something that most people think is corny, and only those "in the know" recognize as being awesome. When they remake it, a bunch of tools will go around liking the new bling bling jesus hip hop remake, and it will ruin the enjoyment because now you and a bunch of tools have something in common.

I would have never pegged you for liking JCS. Go figure.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:07 am

Why not? I like everything good. :P My favorite part of JCS is low voiced guy and high voiced guy (Caiaphas and his buddy). Those two were really made for each other. I'll bet they went around really lonely in life, just having a really high or low voice, until they met and completed each other.

But yeah, always been a fan. I've known every word to it since I was a teenager. Good stuff.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum