Advertisement

I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $4k

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2262
Likes: 287 posts
Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Stick to socially acceptable groups to insult and you'll do fine.


Aye and there's the rub. Every social group is an Animal Farm; the trick is figuring out which animals are more equal than others.

It took me about a year to clue in but now I know which conversations/topics to avoid.

Advertisement

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 19688
Likes: 397 posts
Liked in: 644 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby e_galston » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 pm

i'd say the big three to not insult on this site would be: jews, blacks, and gays...
Image

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11393
Likes: 58 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby MrBlack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm

e_galston wrote:i'd say the big three to not insult on this site would be: jews, blacks, and gays...

And fat people.

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39646
Likes: 295 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm

e_galston wrote:i'd say the big three to not insult on this site would be: jews, blacks, and gays...

you are arguing subtlety with people who only believe in absolutes
the argument is that since I was allowed to make fun of your music once on Facebook (you even 'liked' the joke) EVERYONE should be able to call you the "f*ggot" no matter their relation to you, setting, connotation, or tone.

Since WIFE likes it when I do something between us privately all women should let me treat them that way.

Because my best friend of 20+ years can make a joke about going to fly a kike (a line from Porky's) its perfectly acceptable in a formal situation, such as a meeting regarding a person's behavior in class and how that affects their future at a university, everyone should, with no consequences at all, be allowed to spout out ignorant, offensive, prejudiced bile.

its not that nuance is lost, its that it doesn't matter
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39646
Likes: 295 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm

MrBlack wrote:And fat people.

fatties aren't people
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11393
Likes: 58 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby MrBlack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:55 pm

GHERU wrote:fatties aren't people

Fatist.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18905
Likes: 134 posts
Liked in: 231 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby habitual » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:58 pm

e_galston wrote:i'd say the big three to not insult on this site would be: jews, blacks, and gays...


Just curious as to why?

Hab

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39646
Likes: 295 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 pm

habitual wrote:
Just curious as to why?

Hab

Jews - own the internet and you don't want our wrath
gays - too sensitive and they'll stop being so stylish
blacks - too violent and we're a bunch of week geeks
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

Chesscub
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 9 posts
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Dracut, MA
Title: Bear du jour


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Chesscub » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:09 pm

GHERU wrote:Jews - own the internet and you don't want our wrath
gays - too sensitive and they'll stop being so stylish
blacks - too violent and we're a bunch of week geeks


I personally ignore Nkrist because of his casual use of the word faggot and faggy. As someone who has had it thrown at them with some invective and having a husband who got assaulted and robbed years ago because he was gay, I think I have a right to think he's personally a shit for brains for thinking it's acceptable.

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2262
Likes: 287 posts
Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm

GHERU wrote:you are arguing subtlety with people who only believe in absolutes
the argument is that since I was allowed to make fun of your music once on Facebook (you even 'liked' the joke) EVERYONE should be able to call you the "f*ggot" no matter their relation to you, setting, connotation, or tone.

Since WIFE likes it when I do something between us privately all women should let me treat them that way.

Because my best friend of 20+ years can make a joke about going to fly a kike (a line from Porky's) its perfectly acceptable in a formal situation, such as a meeting regarding a person's behavior in class and how that affects their future at a university, everyone should, with no consequences at all, be allowed to spout out ignorant, offensive, prejudiced bile.

its not that nuance is lost, its that it doesn't matter


Talk about lost nuances. :smt011

The argument is the rules of consideration only apply to a certain set of groups and not all of them. I read all kinds of disparaging comments about Canadians like we're some kind of second class citizen but if I question what's the big deal of some stressed out student using Jew as a verb, I'm a monster.

I admit to using racial stereotypical humor in selective company but I never advocated that people should spew bile without consequence. People shouldn't be held accountable for what they say to dead cats in boxes either. I simply raised the question is it always so black and white, is there no room for tolerance with people's indiscretions? I guess I should have known better.

Herald
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13129
Likes: 308 posts
Liked in: 397 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Herald » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Stick to socially acceptable groups to insult and you'll do fine.


I'll furnish some lists for you. :D

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18905
Likes: 134 posts
Liked in: 231 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby habitual » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 pm

So we should nominate a fat, black, jewish, gay guy to be our next president?

Hab

Chesscub
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 9 posts
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Dracut, MA
Title: Bear du jour


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Chesscub » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 pm

habitual wrote:So we should nominate a fat, black, jewish, gay guy to be our next president?

Hab


RuPaul's cousin, TwoPaul?

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18905
Likes: 134 posts
Liked in: 231 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby habitual » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Chesscub wrote:
I personally ignore Nkrist because of his casual use of the word faggot and faggy. As someone who has had it thrown at them with some invective and having a husband who got assaulted and robbed years ago because he was gay, I think I have a right to think he's personally a shit for brains for thinking it's acceptable.


Really?

I ignore him because he's crazy.

Hab

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2262
Likes: 287 posts
Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Chesscub wrote:
I personally ignore Nkrist because of his casual use of the word faggot and faggy. As someone who has had it thrown at them with some invective and having a husband who got assaulted and robbed years ago because he was gay, I think I have a right to think he's personally a shit for brains for thinking it's acceptable.


Good lord, you've been carrying that grudge for almost a year now. If you think I'm a shit for brains for thinking that casual use of the words in question would be ok, HERE in the FUCKING OUTHOUSE, then I think I have the right to think you are an ignorant hypocrite.

Of course, you ignore me, which is the root word of ignorant, so I shouldn't be that surprised.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests

Advertisement