Advertisement

I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $4k

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 94 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby The Beast » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:31 pm

habitual wrote:
Really?

I ignore him because he's crazy.

Hab

Here I thought it was because I make you look stupid. But then again a lot of people here do that, so you'd have to ignore just about everyone I guess.
Last edited by The Beast on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

MrBlack wrote:And fat people.

Well they are BIG.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Talk about lost nuances. :smt011

The argument is the rules of consideration only apply to a certain set of groups and not all of them. I read all kinds of disparaging comments about Canadians like we're some kind of second class citizen but if I question what's the big deal of some stressed out student using Jew as a verb, I'm a monster.

I admit to using racial stereotypical humor in selective company but I never advocated that people should spew bile without consequence. People shouldn't be held accountable for what they say to dead cats in boxes either. I simply raised the question is it always so black and white, is there no room for tolerance with people's indiscretions? I guess I should have known better.

You're Canadian? :shock:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Here I thought it was because I make you look stupid. But then again a lot of people here do that, so you'd have to ignore just about everyone I guess.

Ok, that is enough.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Ok, that is enough.

Am I not allowed to respond to Hab's verbal abuse in kind?

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Am I not allowed to respond to Hab's verbal abuse in kind?

You've done enough of that already, so knock it off.

you have no been warned, if you continue to do so you will be Thread Kicked.

Is that understood?
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Keb wrote:You're Canadian? :shock:

Born and Raised in BC. I would put that info in my profile but I got tired of listening to all the snide comments around here about Canadians. You know what? Fuck 'em all if I can't take a joke.

Time to update the profile!

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm

bkthomson wrote:
You've done enough of that already, so knock it off.

you have no been warned, if you continue to do so you will be Thread Kicked.

Is that understood?

I understand. Hab is more equal than me, so I will not respond to his verbal abuse anymore.
Last edited by The Beast on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby doombug » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Born and Raised in BC. I would put that info in my profile but I got tired of listening to all the snide comments around here about Canadians. You know what? Fuck 'em all if I can't take a joke.

Oh for the love of...the guy asking you if you're canadian is Canadian.

If you're reading Canadian jokes against posters, it's in good fun with friends just giving each other shit.

As opposed to offensive/ignorant/homophobic and down right insane things that are posted by a new poster who then tries to play the victim card because "no one understands him" :roll:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Ntikrst wrote:

I understand. Hab is more equal than me, so I will not respond to his verbal abuse anymore.

Thank you.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Ntikrst wrote:

Interesting.

I don't really mind the Canadian jokes. Whenever people make them, I usually just shrug them off and think "my 700 sq. ft condo is worth more than your house" :lol:

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Ntikrst wrote:[I never advocated that people should spew bile without consequence. People shouldn't be held accountable for what they say to dead cats in boxes either. I simply raised the question is it always so black and white, is there no room for tolerance with people's indiscretions? I guess I should have known better.

But now that you got him dead to rights for committing a Thoughtcrime and now there's no limit to the Authority you can bring to bear on the young man. Show no mercy, make an example for the rest of the students to follow and ...
I would have suggested you forgive his trespasses and turn the other cheek but I know how you people don't go in for all that "tolerance" business.

isn't forgiving him not holding people accountable for their actions?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:00 pm

doombug wrote:Oh for the love of...the guy asking you if you're canadian is Canadian.

If you're reading Canadian jokes against posters, it's in good fun with friends just giving each other shit.

As opposed to offensive/ignorant/homophobic and down right insane things that are posted by a new poster who then tries to play the victim card because "no one understands him" :roll:

I'm not playing the Victim Card, I'm playing the Hypocrite Card.

What right do you have to label me as insane? Wouldn't it be offensive for me to label you insane for your beliefs? Maybe the Outhouse should change it's image and new posters wouldn't accidentally offend someone by describing certain depictions of Superman Nu as "fit for broadway."

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Ntikrst wrote:[I never advocated that people should spew bile without consequence. People shouldn't be held accountable for what they say to dead cats in boxes either. I simply raised the question is it always so black and white, is there no room for tolerance with people's indiscretions? I guess I should have known better.

But now that you got him dead to rights for committing a Thoughtcrime and now there's no limit to the Authority you can bring to bear on the young man. Show no mercy, make an example for the rest of the students to follow and ...
I would have suggested you forgive his trespasses and turn the other cheek but I know how you people don't go in for all that "tolerance" business.

and then there's this
Good lord, you've been carrying that grudge for almost a year now. If you think I'm a shit for brains for thinking that casual use of the words in question would be ok, HERE in the FUCKING OUTHOUSE, then I think I have the right to think you are an ignorant hypocrite.

isn't that advocating no consequences here?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:40 pm

GHERU wrote:
and then there's this

GHERU wrote:

Hey if he's disruptive to the class, by all means hold him accountable so that the rest of the class doesn't have to suffer. If the student is just falling asleep in class then the prof wants to make an example out of him for the rest of the group. Either way, holding him accountable will result in a net improvement for the rest of the class' experience.

The kid was frustrated, slipped up and used Jew as a verb, probably without even thinking he was talking to a Jewish bureaucrat. What should the kid be held accountable for and how would it result in a better experience for the rest of the group?

If I knew Yoni was jewish, I would have chalked it all up to another minority group with a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind against the grand-children of their former tormentors and I wouldn't have gotten involved in this conversation at all. Since I did, I thought I would stick around and make that point anyways.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind because intolerance of culturally insensitive people is only going to beget more intolerance from the culturally insensitive.

isn't that advocating no consequences here?

Context should determine the consequences. Did I attack someone for their homosexuality or their affiliation to Judaism? Not at all. Do I get attacked for my beliefs, affiliations and nationality? Repeatedly and the only thing that pisses me off about that is I'm not allowed to respond in kind, otherwise it's all fair game here in the Outhouse.

Isn't that the part about the Experience we all hope to survive?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum