Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $4k

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:51 am

close the thread.

Keb just ended it on the highest note possible.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:00 am

Evan Meadow wrote:close the thread.

Keb just ended it on the highest note possible.

Eating a hot dog at the pride BBQ? :?
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 am

bkthomson wrote:
With that said, let please keep the personal insults to zero. Though i believe two out of the three that were stated as a joke on the original post.


I only just saw this. BK, I thought you were cool... :cry:
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 am

:lol:
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Keb wrote: At the end of the day, you got to go home knowing that what those people said about you was not true and that it wasn't who you are. For Erik, when he went home his sexuality was still very much a part of who he was and to have someone tormenting for who you are is a lot different than for who you aren't. Its not to diminish your situation because bullying is shitty, but it does have its differences. Acknowledging, understanding and respecting those differences is what's key to getting along.

So yeah calling Superman a derogatory word is not going to earn you a bunch of respect and fighting with others to justify it doesn't help.

That's just my interpretation of it.


Here's where you're way off base, Keb. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, getting beat up and spit upon while being called derogatory names by bullies at school for the better part of a year is horrific. I hated myself because I couldn't fight them all and it only got better when I moved. Instead of being pussy-hurt over the whole thing I took a page from Bruce Wayne and empowered myself. Everyone should take a page from Bruce Wayne and Man Up; gay or straight there's no excuse to be weak.

I'm not interested in earning the respect of vindictive people who walk around with a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind, demanding that everyone else mind their eggshells all over the floor. These people have their head up their ass if they think the rest of us are living the good life and generally they are incapable of extending their understanding and consideration to anyone that doesn't follow the rules of their Groupthink.

I'm not here to make friends with the Groupthink, I'm here to make friends with individuals whom I find charming and intellectually stimulating. Isn't that obvious by now?
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Erik, it's one thing if someone is calling you a faggot, and another if they are tossing the word around. Queer is the one I don't like, but the rest of you added that crap to the LGTBBQ mess. Don't let a stupid word have that much power over you.


QFMFT.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Here's where you're way off base, Keb. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, getting beat up and spit upon while being called derogatory names by bullies at school for the better part of a year is horrific. I hated myself because I couldn't fight them all and it only got better when I moved. Instead of being pussy-hurt over the whole thing I took a page from Bruce Wayne and empowered myself. Everyone should take a page from Bruce Wayne and Man Up; gay or straight there's no excuse to be weak.

I'm not interested in earning the respect of vindictive people who walk around with a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind, demanding that everyone else mind their eggshells all over the floor. These people have their head up their ass if they think the rest of us are living the good life and generally they are incapable of extending their understanding and consideration to anyone that doesn't follow the rules of their Groupthink.

I'm not here to make friends with the Groupthink, I'm here to make friends with individuals whom I find charming and intellectually stimulating. Isn't that obvious by now?


wait are you calling me weak?? because i happen not put up with ANYONE saying shit like that?? you don't know me. You have no clue what i've been through, or what happened to me. You have NO fucking right to call me weak and tell me to "man up." i don't have a fucking chip on my shoulder or an "axe to grind." Unless you consider equality and equal rights under the law an "axe to grind." All i ask for is to be treated like a human being, and to not have words like Fag, or Faggot used, regardless of the way they are being used, around me. How dare you accuse me of being "weak." You can like me or not i could give a flying fuck, but i will not let ANYONE treat me the way i have been in the past.
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Ntikrst, that will be enough. Erik has every right to be upset and, frankly, nobody gets to tell him he can't be or suggest he 'man up.'

This thread seems to have run its course.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Zero wrote:
I only just saw this. BK, I thought you were cool... :cry:


:smt005, took me a minute to get that. .

It was vote upon in a super secret meeting of the OH Shadow Counsel and your were chosen so I'm sorry to say you have to be the Official Outhouse Insult Bucket.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Posting in a locked thread! MAWD ABUSE!
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

wait, can I still post here with my magical mawd powers?
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:56 pm

MAWD ABUSE!!!!!!
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:45 pm

No way man. . If I can post, it is not abuse but special privileges. .
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Mawd Abuse is still abuse, and as such you're all threadkicked.

As am I.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Flamebird, GiveWarAChance, Keb, MSNbot Media, pastajoe, Spacedog and 46 guests