Advertisement

Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

CountD
User avatar
Undead Member
 
Posts: 35569
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:19 pm
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby CountD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:21 pm

knowing what you know, who would you trust more to rescue you:

Michael Knight and KITT

or

The whole friggin A-Team.

discuss!

Advertisement

Apache Chef
User avatar
Expert Post Whore
 
Posts: 5464
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby Apache Chef » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 pm

I saw an episode of Knight RIder a couple of weeks ago that may have been the worst thing I've ever seen on TV.

It had New Edition (Bobby Brown) in it as some guys dancing in front of a hotel over and over. Some crappy blind guy who sang and played piano half the episode. The blind guy got to "drive" KITT, causing a crazy reaction by a policeman. Which is stupid on a number of levels. For one, riding in the driver's seat while KITT drives around would be no different to a blind guy than sitting in the passenger's seat. And two, the policeman wouldn't have reacted because all he saw was a guy in sunglasses driving.

Anyway. It was terrible.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18762
Likes: 113 posts
Liked in: 183 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby habitual » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Apache Chef wrote:I saw an episode of Knight RIder a couple of weeks ago that may have been the worst thing I've ever seen on TV.

It had New Edition (Bobby Brown) in it as some guys dancing in front of a hotel over and over. Some crappy blind guy who sang and played piano half the episode. The blind guy got to "drive" KITT, causing a crazy reaction by a policeman. Which is stupid on a number of levels. For one, riding in the driver's seat while KITT drives around would be no different to a blind guy than sitting in the passenger's seat. And two, the policeman wouldn't have reacted because all he saw was a guy in sunglasses driving.

Anyway. It was terrible.


Hopefully it was a season 4 episode, which had the best token black guy of any show on TV ever: Reginald Cornelius III

Hab

CountD
User avatar
Undead Member
 
Posts: 35569
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:19 pm
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby CountD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Apache Chef wrote:I saw an episode of Knight RIder a couple of weeks ago that may have been the worst thing I've ever seen on TV.

It had New Edition (Bobby Brown) in it as some guys dancing in front of a hotel over and over. Some crappy blind guy who sang and played piano half the episode. The blind guy got to "drive" KITT, causing a crazy reaction by a policeman. Which is stupid on a number of levels. For one, riding in the driver's seat while KITT drives around would be no different to a blind guy than sitting in the passenger's seat. And two, the policeman wouldn't have reacted because all he saw was a guy in sunglasses driving.

Anyway. It was terrible.


do you hate all blind people?

CountD
User avatar
Undead Member
 
Posts: 35569
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:19 pm
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby CountD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 pm

habitual wrote:
Hopefully it was a season 4 episode, which had the best token black guy of any show on TV ever: Reginald Cornelius III

Hab


"THIS CAR IS OUTTA SIGHT!"

Image

HNutz
User avatar
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106
 
Posts: 14834
Likes: 4163 posts
Liked in: 611 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Online


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Keb wrote:Chappelle's Show didn't need a car. It had Dave Chappelle's comedic genius as the vehicle of brilliance driving the show. Plus it had the best recurring social themes. And Paul Mooney being racist as hell and white people not knowing what to do.

Also, there is only a two year difference between 1982 and 1984, Mr. Mathematics! Just because your 80s pube-stache took 4 years to grow doesn't mean that two years is a long time.


2 years of Chapelle's Show is all we got before Dave went crazy and became allergic to money.

Apache Chef
User avatar
Expert Post Whore
 
Posts: 5464
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby Apache Chef » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 pm

CountD wrote:
"THIS CAR IS OUTTA SIGHT!"

Image



Yeah. He was in it.

Apache Chef
User avatar
Expert Post Whore
 
Posts: 5464
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby Apache Chef » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:57 pm

CountD wrote:
do you hate all blind people?



All of them but Daredevil and that guy from Road House.

CountD
User avatar
Undead Member
 
Posts: 35569
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:19 pm
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby CountD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Apache Chef wrote:

All of them but Daredevil and that guy from Road House.


what about Ben Aflec as Daredevil? hate? :lol:

Pink_Orchid
User avatar
The Virgin Connie Swail
 
Posts: 3713
Likes: 61 posts
Liked in: 116 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:26 pm
Formerly: Pink Peril




Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:51 pm

The fact that Magnum PI has not been mentioned means fail for all involved in this discussion.

CountD
User avatar
Undead Member
 
Posts: 35569
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:19 pm
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby CountD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:The fact that Magnum PI has not been mentioned means fail for all involved in this discussion.


state your case!

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18762
Likes: 113 posts
Liked in: 183 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby habitual » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Apache Chef wrote:

All of them but Daredevil and that guy from Road House.


The guy from Road House is dead!

Why, because he didn't have an indestructible Trans-Am.

Thomas Magnum drove an Italian car, therefore he's a communist.

Hab

Pink_Orchid
User avatar
The Virgin Connie Swail
 
Posts: 3713
Likes: 61 posts
Liked in: 116 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:26 pm
Formerly: Pink Peril




Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 pm

CountD wrote:
state your case!


Magnum, P.I. Intro by dhamby86

Pink_Orchid
User avatar
The Virgin Connie Swail
 
Posts: 3713
Likes: 61 posts
Liked in: 116 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:26 pm
Formerly: Pink Peril




Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:45 pm

In order of awesome childhood memories, for me, the list is as follows.

The A-Team
Magnum PI
Dukes of Hazzard
Knight Rider
Fall Guy
Simon and Simon
Airwolf
Riptide

As far as actiony shows with vehicles as part of the cast go.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18762
Likes: 113 posts
Liked in: 183 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: Was Knight Rider the perfect television show?

Postby habitual » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:In order of awesome childhood memories, for me, the list is as follows.

The A-Team
Magnum PI
Dukes of Hazzard
Knight Rider
Fall Guy
Simon and Simon
Airwolf
Riptide

As far as actiony shows with vehicles as part of the cast go.


Simon and Simon better than Airwolf?

Whatever you say Trotsky. :roll:

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests

Advertisement