Advertisement

Week 10 of the 2008 College Football Season

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:48 pm

That sound you're hearing is the entire state of Tennessee being liberated from Phil "Who needs a special teams coach?" Fulmer's increasingly inept leadership.

You're a world class recruiter, Phil, and I"ll always thank you for the '98 season, but this was a couple years overdue.

The first 8 years of Fulmer's reign? 20 losses.

The last 7? 31 and counting, which doesn't even come close to cutting it in the SEC.

Advertisement

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:53 pm

I hope Fulmer trips on his way out of UT, and breaks his face. He's a piece of shit -- fucking narc, asshole. Jealous bitch.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57 pm

C20Percent wrote:I hope Fulmer trips on his way out of UT, and breaks his face. He's a piece of shit -- fucking narc, asshole. Jealous bitch.

Perhaps if The Tide hadn't been cheating in the first place the couldn't have been caught, hmmmm?

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:58 pm

chap22 wrote:MSU fucking sucks. a blocked EP and a 27-yard FG doinked off the left upright both in the 4th quarter, and the Dogs lose 14-13. at home. misery. :x :cry: :cry:

however, in happier news, and i know you've all been waiting with bated breath: no miracle, ESPY-worthy plays this year. the now-4th ranked, 8-0 Millsaps Majors went into San Antonio and thumped previously-undefeated and 8th-ranked Trinity in their own house 56-27. that's Trinity's first home loss to a D-III school since 1995, and sets the Majors up for a 10-0 record and SCAC championship season and a playoff berth (and hopefully a home game or 2). give all credit to the man, the myth, the legend, ex-Alabama coach and notorious philanderer Mike Dubose, along with all-world QB Juan Joseph. look out for the 'Saps, baby! :-D

Millsap? That seems to remind me of my favorite La Tech player of all time. He'd be starting on almost any team other than Utah, but he's still killing it for the Jazz.

Also this.

[youtube=425,344,_eeEy060qrA]as[/youtube]

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Ben wrote:Perhaps if The Tide hadn't been cheating in the first place the couldn't have been caught, hmmmm?

Perhaps if the Tide were USC they'd be untouchable -- Alabama was just playing the game. Plus, I don't think anything was ever proven, and Alabama never admitted anything.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:02 pm

C20Percent wrote:Perhaps if the Tide were USC they'd be untouchable -- Alabama was just playing the game. Plus, I don't think anything was ever proven, and Alabama never admitted anything.

If Alabama hadn't been Alabama there's a good chance they would have gotten the death penalty, you should consider yourself lucky it wasn't worse.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:03 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Millsap? That seems to remind me of my favorite La Tech player of all time. He'd be starting on almost any team other than Utah, but he's still killing it for the Jazz.

Millsaps...Millsaps!!!!!!!! Get your eventual D-III national champion's name right, dammit!

Also this.

[youtube=425,344,_eeEy060qrA]as[/youtube]

if my alma mater hadn't just exorcised those particular demons with a 29-point road shellacking just 2 days ago, i would tell you how i hate you so bad that i hope a swarm of angry hornets nests in your underwear. however, i am much calmer and happier now, so i'll let you slide.

but you still suck. :P
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Ben wrote:If Alabama hadn't been Alabama there's a good chance they would have gotten the death penalty, you should consider yourself lucky it wasn't worse.

What incident are you guys referring to?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Ben wrote:If Alabama hadn't been Alabama there's a good chance they would have gotten the death penalty, you should consider yourself lucky it wasn't worse.

2 words for you: Tee. Martin.

i hate 'Bama too, but when it comes to how mad they are over their sanctions and UT's mind-bottling clean record under Fulmer even when everybody KNOWS they got caught doing illegal shit, i agree with the Tide nation.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Dr Acula wrote:What incident are you guys referring to?

I'll tell you what happened -- Phil Fulmer got pissed that Alabama was recruiting better than him in Tennessee, so he narced them out on some bullshit.

Like Chap said -- ever high-profile program plays the recruiting game -- including Tennessee -- Fulmer just pulled some sneaky, back-stabbing, hypocritical bullshit.

He sucks. I hope he has trouble getting a job with a credible school.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I'll tell you what happened -- Phil Fulmer got pissed that Alabama was recruiting better than him in Tennessee, so he narced them out on some bullshit.

Like Chap said -- ever high-profile program plays the recruiting game -- including Tennessee -- Fulmer just pulled some sneaky, back-stabbing, hypocritical bullshit.

He sucks. I hope he has trouble getting a job with a credible school.

Actually, the current rumor is that he's getting set up with a cushy office job at UT where he never has to do anything.

I'm not denying UT never cheated(although I think having to run a clean program after the 'Bama incident really hurt recruting), but again, you don't get to get mad about it when you were doing the thing you were accused of.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Ben wrote:I'm going to repeat my question for Fred since the last post got eaten by the server change.

So, I talked to my dad this morning and he mentioned that there are rumors flying around Knoxville that they want Gruden to replace Fulmer. How realistic is this? Because it sounds like a lot of wishful thinking to me.

EDIT:Oh yeah, Oklahoma being ahead of both Florida and Texas in the Coaches poll is a joke.

No chance in hell.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Dr Acula wrote:Looks like Phil Fulmer is gone next year. I'm betting he's fired but it will go down as a "mutually agreed seperation". UT would do very well to throw a lot of money at David Cutcliffe and steal him from Duke.

They won't go after Coach Cut.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 pm

chap22 wrote:he wasn't. he just had a butt-load of talent, decent leadership within the team, and played a style that didn't allow for many on-field mistakes.

but he himself is an idiot, at least IMHO.

MSU will be banging on his doorstep to get him to coach in Starkville

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:00 pm

C20Percent wrote:I hope Fulmer trips on his way out of UT, and breaks his face. He's a piece of shit -- fucking narc, asshole. Jealous bitch.

LOL

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum