Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Weekend Writing Assignment #1 - Great National Hero

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey-ho guys. Here we go. The first writing exercise. With both Canada Day and ID4 coming up next week, I thought it would be a great idea to write a nice little paragraph or so on your favorite Hero as he celebrates.

Its not too grand of an idea I know, but its a nice little warm up.

It won't be due til next saturday, so thats more then enough time to write up something.

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:08 pm

scottmdavis wrote:Hey-ho guys. Here we go. The first writing exercise. With both Canada Day and ID4 coming up next week, I thought it would be a great idea to write a nice little paragraph or so on your favorite Hero as he celebrates.

Its not too grand of an idea I know, but its a nice little warm up.

It won't be due til next saturday, so thats more then enough time to write up something.


Sorry Scott, I'm slightly special. What favorite hero and what does he celebrate? I'm TOTALLY missing something here! sorry man. :P
User avatar

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:12 pm

special people get the special assignment.. just write you name, and you win!! :D:p

Write how your favourite superhero would celebrate Fourth of July. WOuld he just sit at home drinking, out fighting crime, or out with otehr heroes celebrating.
User avatar

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:19 pm

scottmdavis wrote:special people get the special assignment.. just write you name, and you win!! :D:p

Write how your favourite superhero would celebrate Fourth of July. WOuld he just sit at home drinking, out fighting crime, or out with otehr heroes celebrating.


OHHHHHH! I thought we were creating new hero's that are symbolic of the various independence days?!


So you mean we're supposed to write stuff like fan fic of established hero's on independence day?

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:21 pm

scottmdavis wrote:special people get the special assignment.. just write you name, and you win!! :D:p


Jay

I WIN!!!
User avatar

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:22 pm

just how you think they would be spending the day, or that evening..

nothing to long.
User avatar

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:37 pm

scottmdavis wrote:just how you think they would be spending the day, or that evening..

nothing to long.


Ok, if it's just a paragraph then I guess I can play along. But Scott, in the future I'm looking for something a bit more challenging and stuff that allows us to really dig deep and create stuff original. Stuff that allows us the option of using it in a real project.

I WANT THE KNIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!


Ok, here goes:


Logan wakes up in various liquids classified as his own filth. It's been a week since Candada Day and Logan's weekend bender has turned into a whole week of forgotten revelry. Ever since Hank Pym gave him that innoccualation of Ultron Admantium nano's that slow down his healing factor's ability to neutralyze toxins but don't block epidermal and organ wounds Logan's been on a tear.
He drank and actually got drunk, he dropped acid and became one with his inner samurai, and took shrooms to vent her berserker rages out on the local Peta protest group. Finally after banging several groups of chicks Logan asked a Fall Out Boy tribute band to drop him off at the nearest corner for some cigarettes. If not for the prostitute luring him into the alley, (he doesn't have to worry about stds after all), then he could currently make sense why he's woken up a week later and it's the fourth of july and various stupid idiots wouldn't be setting off firecrackers near the world's most dangerous man with the most brutal hangover. Their funeral. Happy Fourth. Snikt!
User avatar

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:38 pm

haha, nice man

just doing some warms here, jeez..

if ya want I can move onto the next one just for you.
User avatar

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:40 pm

scottmdavis wrote:haha, nice man

just doing some warms here, jeez..

if ya want I can move onto the next one just for you.


Sure. Not just for me only because I think that people are gonna be able to come up with something quick for the first one. A paragraph is a 2 minute thing. So if they got 2 things to look forward too maybe it'll make them panic some, and they wont turn in lazy shit!

So fire away. I need some gummi berry juice!
User avatar

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:43 pm

the next one is a nice multi parter task. character creation, and story. a complete story with beginning middle and ending.

Ladies, we will be writing a Horror Story.

Now this will be a team effort, in a way. We will come up with the 6 characters to be used in the story. we each use the same 6 characters, but create out own villian and write our own story.
User avatar

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:49 pm

scottmdavis wrote:the next one is a nice multi parter task. character creation, and story. a complete story with beginning middle and ending.

Ladies, we will be writing a Horror Story.

Now this will be a team effort, in a way. We will come up with the 6 characters to be used in the story. we each use the same 6 characters, but create out own villian and write our own story.


Much more like it Scott!

Ok let me see if I have this figured out:

We have to create one character, but wait till everyone else creates their characters right?

After that, we'll go off seperately and write our own horror story w/ all six characters?

the villain and horror story is up to us right?
User avatar

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:51 pm

exactly.

we'll wait til others have a chance to read and post in this thread. see how many or gonna participate. I figure 6 characters should be enough for the horror story.
User avatar

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:53 pm

scottmdavis wrote:exactly.

we'll wait til others have a chance to read and post in this thread. see how many or gonna participate. I figure 6 characters should be enough for the horror story.


Ok, then I'll wait until there's more play. I do have a horror story I've been meaning to write for another artist. So this will be a good warm up for me. Thanks.
User avatar

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:55 pm

np man.

I love horror. I wrote and published 1 chapter of my werewolf comic years ago. I wish I still had it. My HD crashed and everything on it got wiped, and I never backed up my stories.
User avatar

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:00 pm

scottmdavis wrote:np man.

I love horror. I wrote and published 1 chapter of my werewolf comic years ago. I wish I still had it. My HD crashed and everything on it got wiped, and I never backed up my stories.


I've done a few werewolf prose stories myself. They're my favorite out of all the monsters.

Are u a White Wolf fan?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Belle-Tain Summer, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 59 guests