Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Well, I guess it's finally time...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:28 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:It's fucking oppressive outside, and June is hardly the worst month around here.

Virginia is no different currently.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 am

Severed Djed wrote:Virginia is no different currently.

Oh I believe you. The South is being a little bitch this summer.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 am

billyzoom666 wrote:Exact some song I thought of instantly when I read his post. :-D

I was singing it in my head as I read it. :x

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:34 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Oh I believe you. The South is being a little bitch this summer.

My mother had a tornado go through her garden last week. Only just missed the house but knocked out all the power lines for the area...

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:35 am

nietoperz wrote:My mother had a tornado go through her garden last week. Only just missed the house but knocked out all the power lines for the area...

What city?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:37 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:What city?

Fairfax County, Va - not far from Falls Church. The actual tornado touched down on the turnpike intersection leading up to Annandale and took out the phone and power lines. This is after tearing up half the area, apparently. Only one person died...

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:40 am

nietoperz wrote:Fairfax County, Va - not far from Falls Church. The actual tornado touched down on the turnpike intersection leading up to Annandale and took out the phone and power lines. This is after tearing up half the area, apparently. Only one person died...

Heat, storms, gas prices...thank god for the Outhouse and Starlord's unyielding love.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:42 am

nietoperz wrote:Fairfax County, Va - not far from Falls Church. The actual tornado touched down on the turnpike intersection leading up to Annandale and took out the phone and power lines. This is after tearing up half the area, apparently. Only one person died...

I'm not that far from Fairfax and I can attest to it being pretty scary.

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:49 am

JL_Amato wrote:I'm not that far from Fairfax and I can attest to it being pretty scary.

I'm fairly close as well. That was pretty severe.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Is your mother okay?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 pm

DeadFett wrote:Is your mother okay?

She's fine - they got lucky: the tornado ripped through their garden, even to the point of uprooting trees. But it missed the actual house, thank goodness.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Wait, where do you folks in the Fairfax area live?

Michigan had 70 mph winds near Detroit. Not a tornado, but my mom came home to find half the tree laying in the yard. The neighbor across the street, who's lived there for probably close to 40 years, said she'd seen nothing like it before, and she's from Missouri.

Here, the heat continues. It's 97 out, and I wish I could say I'm excited to go home, but the thought of biking home in this stuff doesn't warm my heart any. It's hard to breath with the air as thick as it is, which makes it much harder to bike.

But I need to leave soon - forecast is calling for a thunderstorm around 7pm.

Which will do my garden wonders. :D

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:58 pm

nietoperz wrote:She's fine - they got lucky: the tornado ripped through their garden, even to the point of uprooting trees. But it missed the actual house, thank goodness.

Glad she's okay. :D

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:16 pm

DeadFett wrote:Glad she's okay. :D

Yeah, no shit! :shock:

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:26 pm

DeadFett wrote:Glad she's okay. :D

That's what I'm saying.

Hey nieto, are you originally from the States, or did your mom move here later?

leave a comment with facebook