Saturday, October 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What are some good PS3 games?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:05 pm

And by PS3 games, I mean PS3-exclusive games... I already have a 360, but with MGS4 coming out this next week, I'll be buying a PS3 when I get back stateside on Monday.

So far, my list of interest is:

Resistance
MLB The Show
Metal Gear Solid 4
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:54 pm

MLB The Show
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Devil May Cry 4
GTA IV
Assassin's Creed
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Unreal Tournament III
Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2
Resistance
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
User avatar

toolverine

King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:57 pm

You're going to buy that big, ugly box? I'd wait for the inevitable cheaper version. I guess I'm pretty patient about that stuff.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:00 pm

DeadFett wrote:MLB The Show
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Devil May Cry 4
GTA IV
Assassin's Creed
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Unreal Tournament III
Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2
Resistance
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword


Out of those:

MLB The Show - I'm definitely getting right away, hopefully used if I can, since I'll be running low after a PS3 and MGS4.

Uncharted - Probably once I finish MGS4.

Resistance - In a week or two.

The others that I want:
Heavenly Sword
DMC4
Unreal Tournament III

The rest I either have for 360, or aren't interested in.

I'm debating what PS3 to get..

40GB + MGS4 = less than $500
80GB MGS4 bundle = $499.99 plus tax (and dependant on availability, as I didn't pre-order it)

I desperately need to get MGS4 when it comes out to quench my bloodthirsty fanboy appetite, however, I only have $500 to spend.

I could get the 80GB bundle, but probably not until next Saturday if I can even get it without pre-order.. but I'm not sure I can wait that long..

Or I can get a 40GB, but it's not backwards compatible (which doesn't really matter at the moment anyway since I no longer have any PS2 games)..

Is the 40 extra GB in the 80 gig one that much of a difference?
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:22 pm

I have a 40GB and it does just fine. The differences between the two used to be, and still could be, 4 USB ports on the 80GB. The 40GB only has 2. The 80GB also has Compact Flash, SD, Memory Stick ports and SACD support. The 40GB has none of those features.
User avatar

GratefulFred

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:26 pm

I have the 40 gig and like it just fine. The only game I have are Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, and Grand Theft Auto 4 so I can't really recommend any games to you.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:27 pm

DeadFett wrote:I have a 40GB and it does just fine. The differences between the two used to be, and still could be, 4 USB ports on the 80GB. The 40GB only has 2. The 80GB also has Compact Flash, SD, Memory Stick ports and SACD support. The 40GB has none of those features.


What are the USB ports for? And are all those other things necessary?

Also, how much space do games take up on the HD on average? Is 40GB quickly used up?
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:36 pm

DaReekstah wrote:What are the USB ports for? And are all those other things necessary?

Also, how much space do games take up on the HD on average? Is 40GB quickly used up?


The USB ports are used to charge controllers and hook up peripherals. So, on the 40GB you could only charge 2 controllers at once. The other stuff isn't necessary to me because I'm not using my PS3 to store pics, videos or music. Those other features just make it easier to import that stuff.

Most games, when installed, take up 1-2 GB. However, Devil May Cry 4 took up 5. Once I beat the game though, I uninstalled the game and kept my save file. Which is a nice feature to have. You can free up space and not lose your game save. In all honesty, I can't imagine needing more than 40GB unless you plan on using it for pics and music.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:40 pm

DeadFett wrote:The USB ports are used to charge controllers and hook up peripherals. So, on the 40GB you could only charge 2 controllers at once. The other stuff isn't necessary to me because I'm not using my PS3 to store pics, videos or music. Those other features just make it easier to import that stuff.

Most games, when installed, take up 1-2 GB. However, Devil May Cry 4 took up 5. Once I beat the game though, I uninstalled the game and kept my save file. Which is a nice feature to have. You can free up space and not lose your game save. In all honesty, I can't imagine needing more than 40GB unless you plan on using it for pics and music.


Awesome. I think I'll just get the 40 gig then.

Can you use regular USB drives to store game saves on?
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:41 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Awesome. I think I'll just get the 40 gig then.

Can you use regular USB drives to store game saves on?


Yup. I'd recommend backing your save files that way.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:44 pm

DeadFett wrote:Yup. I'd recommend backing your save files that way.


Do you know anything about refurbished systems?

I just checked on Gamestop.com, and a new 40GB system is $399.99. A refurbished is, I think $349.99.. that's the cost of a game!

If I can get it $50 cheaper, it'd be awesome, but does anyone know about those systems? Are they in good condition? I don't want to be fucked over..
User avatar

daitong

penile prisoner

Postby daitong » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Uncharted was a lot of fun.
User avatar

billyzoom666

cheese

Postby billyzoom666 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:36 pm

I don't own a PS3, but sight unseen I bet the new Gran Turismo kicks all sorts of ass.
User avatar

GratefulFred

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:42 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Do you know anything about refurbished systems?

I just checked on Gamestop.com, and a new 40GB system is $399.99. A refurbished is, I think $349.99.. that's the cost of a game!

If I can get it $50 cheaper, it'd be awesome, but does anyone know about those systems? Are they in good condition? I don't want to be fucked over..


Gamestop offers a warranty for their refurbished systems.
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:12 am

daitong wrote:Uncharted was a lot of fun.


Agreed. And the best looking game on the system.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 73 guests