Thursday, May 24, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What are you reading, Book-wise not comic-wise?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 am

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Lyunoh

Whippersnapper

Postby Lyunoh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 am

My current read. Currently working my way through The Chronicles Of Narnia book series.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:39 am

The Storm by Clive Cussler.

My mom gave it to me and said my grandma liked his books. I guess we'll see if I like it.

Sween

Whippersnapper

Postby Sween » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Just started Alien:Out of the shadows. So far so good!

Lyunoh

Whippersnapper

Postby Lyunoh » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:18 am

Working my way through this one, now.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:45 pm

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Been re-reading the first two Chronicles of Thomas Covenant series in preparation for reading the third and final one. I just finished book 3 of the first trilogy and am halfway through book 1 of the 2nd trilogy.

I loved these books years ago, and wasn't sure I would still enjoy them now but I do. Especially the first book of trilogy #2 (The Wounded Land).

jephd

dINGO

Postby jephd » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Been away from proper books for a while. I hate reading them on a backlit screen and wasnt able to hold my old kindle til recently, (i still cant manipulate proper books easily) So ì just finished Sea of rust last week and slammed through Stephen King's End of Watch and Ben Aaronovitch's Furthest Station this weekend.
Gonna start either Joe Hill's The Fireman, the latest Reacher book from Lee Child or Killing Gravity by Cory White later I've not decided yet.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:19 am

jephd wrote:Been away from proper books for a while. I hate reading them on a backlit screen and wasnt able to hold my old kindle til recently, (i still cant manipulate proper books easily) So ì just finished Sea of rust last week and slammed through Stephen King's End of Watch and Ben Aaronovitch's Furthest Station this weekend.
Gonna start either Joe Hill's The Fireman, the latest Reacher book from Lee Child or Killing Gravity by Cory White later I've not decided yet.

I'm of two minds about ereaders. I also don't especially like reading a backlit screen for novel length works....but I do like to be able to get older works for cheap or free, and to carry an entire library in something the size and weight of a single paperback.

That said, I'm worried about the continuing viability of printed books, Barnes and Noble, one of the only remaining big national book retailers seems to be having a real problem as a going concern, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it check out in the next two years or so. That would leave what, Books a Million? Which doesn't even exist out here...

And indie bookstores are hard hit as well, a lot of 'em have closed in recent years, at least the ones near me... :-(

There's just something about browsing through a physical bookstore, and reading a real printed paper book that nothing electronic can match...

Rivere stelanos

Whippersnapper

Postby Rivere stelanos » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:37 am

I just started reading Call of the Wild.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:04 am

RobThompson

Flying Mongoose

Postby RobThompson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Sinatra: The Chairman, by James Kaplan.

leave a comment with facebook