Advertisement

What bothers me about the Lakers?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

What bothers me about the Lakers?

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:28 pm

In one word: Kobe.

What a baby that guy is. There is no way he is the next Michael Jordan. Jordan didn't whine and bitch over every call and non-call during a game. God, game 3 was actually annoying to watch. It's like when a kid cries and you give him what he wants so he cries louder the next time. That was Kobe in last night's game. For every call he got, he cried even more the next time he didn't get a call he felt he deserved.

This is not about skill. I take nothing away from Kobe. He is an unbelievably skilled basketball player, but what a child.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

ErickCruz
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Re: What bothers me about the Lakers?

Postby ErickCruz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:37 pm

Well, all big stars complain. Magic Johnson was kinda like that. But the thing is that this series, as far as the first 2 games in Boston (and particularly game 2) the refs were SO calling it one sided it was stupid.
Yesterday (game 3) Kevin Garnet was committing a foul every time he made a screen and not once did it get called (a moving screen) that is not until the very end of the game where that gave LA 2 free throws which were crucial, and they made them and went on to the victory.

It just makes you think those allegations by that former ref who got busted and now is spilling the beans on how NBA officials and execs wanted certain series' to go are true.

It's one thing to call ticky tack fouls every once in a while, but by god there's no way in hell a team should be outnumbered in FA attempts 37 to 10, especially now that they call foul every time someones breaths on you.

Oh, and im a Laker fan since forever, but my enjoyment of BBall has gown down the tubes since the mid-late 90's. All these players that jump early and dont get the proper fundamental coaching at the collegiate level have made the game so painful to watch. Yeah some of those players have turned out to be greats but 90% suck or sucked.
I AM GOD! er... BATFAN
AKA the Punk

[url=http://erickcruz.deviantart.com/]My artwork[/url]
[url=http://erick-cruz.webs.com/]MY cheap @$$ website[/url]

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Re: What bothers me about the Lakers?

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:08 am

ErickCruz wrote:Well, all big stars complain. Magic Johnson was kinda like that. But the thing is that this series, as far as the first 2 games in Boston (and particularly game 2) the refs were SO calling it one sided it was stupid.
Yesterday (game 3) Kevin Garnet was committing a foul every time he made a screen and not once did it get called (a moving screen) that is not until the very end of the game where that gave LA 2 free throws which were crucial, and they made them and went on to the victory.

It just makes you think those allegations by that former ref who got busted and now is spilling the beans on how NBA officials and execs wanted certain series' to go are true.

It's one thing to call ticky tack fouls every once in a while, but by god there's no way in hell a team should be outnumbered in FA attempts 37 to 10, especially now that they call foul every time someones breaths on you.

Oh, and im a Laker fan since forever, but my enjoyment of BBall has gown down the tubes since the mid-late 90's. All these players that jump early and dont get the proper fundamental coaching at the collegiate level have made the game so painful to watch. Yeah some of those players have turned out to be greats but 90% suck or sucked.

Yeah, the officiating has been terrible.

Kobe's still a baby though.:)

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum