Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What's for dinner tonight?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:38 am

I always make them differently, but what you basically need are chickpeas, onion,1 garlic clove, ground cumin and coriander (seed), parsley and salt and dried chili flakes to taste. Basically, you have to brown the onion and garlic, and once soft put it in a mixing bowl with the chickpeas, spices and parsley and mash them all together. Next you add egg to bind them and knead the mixture together. Mold them into balls and fry.

As I say, you can adjust this to taste. Turmeric is good to add as well, as are crushed mustard seeds (for instance).

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:05 pm

nietoperz wrote:I always make them differently, but what you basically need are chickpeas, onion,1 garlic clove, ground cumin and coriander (seed), parsley and salt and dried chili flakes to taste. Basically, you have to brown the onion and garlic, and once soft put it in a mixing bowl with the chickpeas, spices and parsley and mash them all together. Next you add egg to bind them and knead the mixture together. Mold them into balls and fry.

As I say, you can adjust this to taste. Turmeric is good to add as well, as are crushed mustard seeds (for instance).

Awesome! Thanks. I like felafel. It's the only way I'll ever eat chick peas. We buy them from costco but if we can make them it would be easier and cheaper. My mom eats lots of chick peas.

It's similar to vadai, which is a Sri Lankan short eat.

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

I dunno. I got nothing planned. Maybe a sixer of PBR, a maple ham steak, some pasta and some steamed broccoli.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm not cooking tonight.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Our plans changed. David is now making homemade hamburgers and homemade french fries.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 pm

Tell him to make niggaburgers!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Keb wrote:Tell him to make niggaburgers!

What are those?

(I was actually going to make some crack that would have been mildly humorous and horribly racist, but I don't want to be labled an Archie Bunker so I'll just ask what they are)

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Starlord wrote:

What are those?

(I was actually going to make some crack that would have been mildly humorous and horribly racist, but I don't want to be labled an Archie Bunker so I'll just ask what they are)

some crack will go well with the Niggaburgers

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Very garlicky guacamole and chips.

I might have popcorn later.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Grilled lamb shanks with garlic a bit of olive oil and sea salt.

Hab

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Starlord wrote:

What are those?

It's just an old joke.

80/20 meat/fat ratio for the beef, shaped to the bun and grilled. I usually throw some eggplant and zucchini with garlic and red chili flakes in the oven (or grill) to roast and then serve them under the burger. Use field greens instead of lettuce, and slice your onion thick and grill it with the burger.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 pm

chicken/tuna & guac tacos.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Ah okay.

Tonight I am making the shrimp/angel hair pasta meal. Also going to make brownies later so that they are still warm when we put the vanilla ice cream over them.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 pm

"special" brownies? :groucho: (no homo)

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Baked tofu over salad with a satay/tamari sauce dressing.

leave a comment with facebook