Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 pm

thefourthman wrote:dude... i don't really know what that is supposed to mean, but I'm taken.

Well, damn. :oops:

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:14 pm

thefourthman wrote:dude... i don't really know what that is supposed to mean, but I'm taken.

I hate to have to be the one to tell you this, but Batman's been going around telling everyone you two have an open relationship..

theflyingwaffle
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby theflyingwaffle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:04 am

Metropolis (1927)- I was extremely awestruck by how awesome this movie actually was. This movie was definitely way ahead of its time. The special effects are stunning for its time. Would highly recommend checking it out.

Akira- Finally got around to watching this. It is on most top ten best animated films of all time lists. I thought it was pretty cool. A lot better than many of the animations that the U.S. was releasing during the 80's.

Wreck-it-Ralph- Really liked it. Also liked all the video game character cameos.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 am

theflyingwaffle wrote:Metropolis (1927)- I was extremely awestruck by how awesome this movie actually was. This movie was definitely way ahead of its time. The special effects are stunning for its time. Would highly recommend checking it out.

Always worthwhile to see, no matter which cut one sees (the big thing now being the fully restored version that premiered a couple of years ago). Even the Giorgio Moroder version from the 80's (which was how I first saw the movie), with its rock score from groups like Queen, is a pretty fun experience. 8)

theflyingwaffle
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby theflyingwaffle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:24 am

Lord Ice wrote:

Always worthwhile to see, no matter which cut one sees (the big thing now being the fully restored version that premiered a couple of years ago). Even the Giorgio Moroder version from the 80's (which was how I first saw the movie), with its rock score from groups like Queen, is a pretty fun experience. 8)

Yeah, I ended up watching the version that is currently on Netflix. It was a little over 2 hours long and included the original score written for the film. It really was a cool movie. Even if someone doesn't care for silent films, I still recommend checking it out. (As a side note, I kind of want to see that 80's version now haha.)

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:00 am

Watched Hot Fuzz, cause the wife had never seen it. Surprisingly, it was better than I remember.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:03 am

theflyingwaffle wrote:Metropolis (1927)- I was extremely awestruck by how awesome this movie actually was. This movie was definitely way ahead of its time. The special effects are stunning for its time. Would highly recommend checking it out.

Akira- Finally got around to watching this. It is on most top ten best animated films of all time lists. I thought it was pretty cool. A lot better than many of the animations that the U.S. was releasing during the 80's.

Wreck-it-Ralph- Really liked it. Also liked all the video game character cameos.

I really should see Metropolis some day.

Akira is a little overrated in my opinion. It feels so slight, especially compared to the comic.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Wreck-It Ralph
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:38 am

The Children

It has a nice creepy feel to it, but I also found myself fast forwarding a bit to much.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 am

Metropolis is one of those touchstone films that just has to be seen. It's unreal just how much it stands the test of time.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:58 am

Pan's Labyrinth. Love this movie.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 am

Okay, so we watched The Big Wedding. You guys know that I watch Rom Coms, whatever. This one surprised me in two very distinct ways.

1. The dialogue was very smart, unexpected in such a by the numbers predictable movie.
2. De Niro actually acts, which he hasn't done in forever. It was really nice to see and reminded me why he is considered such a great actor.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 am

syxxpakk wrote:Pan's Labyrinth. Love this movie.

this is a great post.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:56 am

I am also 2/3 through a documentary called Encounters at the End of the World. Herzog went to Antarctica and interviews different people who work and live there. It is full of unintentional hilarious bits like when the Penguin expert starts talking about Penguin prostitution. It is also a great and compelling film. Very philosophical.

Glacier16
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 44 posts
Title: kung-fu treachery

Postby Glacier16 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:02 am

Kick-Ass 2-Not bad but first was way better.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 am

That's disheartening cause the movie, like the comic, lost a lot of effectiveness after the initial experience of it.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum