Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Yep.

Me too! 8)

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Halloween: 35th Anniversary Edition - This was my first time watching any of the Halloween movies that came before the Rob Zombie reboot. :oops:

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:16 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Halloween: 35th Anniversary Edition - This was my first time watching any of the Halloween movies that came before the Rob Zombie reboot. :oops:

A wha...?
Please tell me you are really young, otherwise there's no valid excuse for not seeing the first two. :smt011

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:23 pm

outsider wrote:A wha...?
Please tell me you are really young, otherwise there's no valid excuse for not seeing the first two. :smt011

I'm not really young. I love horror movies too. I don't really know why I never watched the Halloween movies. Do the parts after two suck? I was thinking about watching them all. If they suck I won't bother.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I'm not really young. I love horror movies too. I don't really know why I never watched the Halloween movies. Do the parts after two suck? I was thinking about watching them all. If they suck I won't bother.

The third isn't everyone's cup of tea, cause it's a completely different story instead of a Michael Myers generic psycho killer rehash. But it's fun campy thriller action with Tom Atkins.

Flynn the Pirate

OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm a sucker for wire-fu and pretty much any wuxia film ever, so this was a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the sequel when it comes out.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Hot Shots! Part Deux

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:01 am

Star Trek Into Darkness, what a crap pile. Watching the dude play Spock makes you feel like you've gone to a Star Trek drag show, it's cosplayer-level bad. I had pretty low expectations, but this still left me a little stunned and depressed at how shoddy these CGI driven films are.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:31 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I'm not really young. I love horror movies too. I don't really know why I never watched the Halloween movies. Do the parts after two suck? I was thinking about watching them all. If they suck I won't bother.
Funny enough, I don't think I've seen Halloween III because Michael Myers isn't in it. Halloween 4 was pretty good and 5 was decent enough, iirc (it's been 20+ years). H:20 was interesting because Jamie Lee Curtis came back.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Star Trek Into Darkness, what a crap pile. Watching the dude play Spock makes you feel like you've gone to a Star Trek drag show, it's cosplayer-level bad. I had pretty low expectations, but this still left me a little stunned and depressed at how shoddy these CGI driven films are.
Interesting. I think Quinto's Spock is one of the best things about the rebooted franchise.

Are you a die-hard original Star Trek fan?

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:34 am

Last night I watched Atlas Shrugged, Part II.

It should be called Atlas Shrugged, Part Douche. It's funny watching B-listers spout off elitist claptrap.
I loved The Fountainhead when I read it in high school, but I probably would laugh at it nowadays.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:06 am

outsider wrote:Interesting. I think Quinto's Spock is one of the best things about the rebooted franchise.

Are you a die-hard original Star Trek fan?

Hmm, not really, I mean I'm not a Trekkie or anything. I've probably seen all the early show over the years, and a bunch of early Next Generation shows but I could never really get into the later shows much.

I would say I like the production values (for its time) of the first Star Trek and some of the writers and styles they employed, without constant CGI madness and fight scenes so badly cut and with everyone wearing similar spacesuits so that I really couldn't tell who was what half the time. Then ripping off the end of ST II but robbing it of any drama by broadcasting the tribble thing and instantly making Kirk good as new again.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Then ripping off the end of ST II but robbing it of any drama by broadcasting the tribble thing and instantly making Kirk good as new again.
Yeah, that was fanboyish nonsense, especially Spock yelling "KAAAAAHN!" :roll: but I loved the chase sequence and Spock breaking Kahn's arm 8) . (Yes, that was telegraphed as well, but still cool.)

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Just re-watched Iron Man 3 on dvd.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:30 pm

The Hangover 3. Massive disappointment.

leave a comment with facebook