Wednesday, September 28, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:44 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Damnit, Grayson. Because you described it like that, I Googled it and now I want to watch it :lol:

Trust me, the description of the movie is way more interesting than the actual movie itself.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:46 pm

I watched Scrooged last night. 8)

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:20 pm

outsider wrote:I watched Scrooged last night. 8)

I watch that movie every Christmas Eve.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I watch that movie every Christmas Eve.
Next up (maybe tonight) is the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.
And Love Actually sometime soon, I'm sure. :D

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:42 pm

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug IMAX 3D- twas awesome!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Philomena. Great movie.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 pm

(last night) The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug - MUCH better than the first.

Captain America - Still a great movie.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 pm

The Palm Beach Story. It was on TCM last night as on of the "Essentials." Has one of the best opening credits sequences that I have ever seen.

Also watched Silver Streak a few days ago. Mid-'70s awesomeness.

Highly recommend both films.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Oh, also watched Charley Varrick. A great crime movie starring Walter Matthau. Really, a phenomenal film. Up there with Point Blank, The Getaway, and The Friends of Eddie Coyle. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Had a two fer double feature last night; Grown ups 2 and 2 Guns.

Grown Ups 2 was dumb fun but I see why ppl hated it. 2 Guns was fantastic though, lots of suspense, great action and comedy but it still took itself seriously. One of the best buddy pics I've seen in years.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Bought the Matrix, Dark Knight and Godfather trilogies.

I watched Godfather 2 last night. I kind of don't want to watch the last Godfather movie.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:33 pm

The Beast wrote:Had a two fer double feature last night; Grown ups 2 and 2 Guns.

Grown Ups 2 was dumb fun but I see why ppl hated it. 2 Guns was fantastic though, lots of suspense, great action and comedy but it still took itself seriously. One of the best buddy pics I've seen in years.

2 Guns was a lot better than I expected. I expected it to be trash, but it was not-trash. I liked how literally everything went the opposite way for the heroes than it normally would in an action/buddy flick.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Strict31 wrote:
2 Guns was a lot better than I expected. I expected it to be trash, but it was not-trash. I liked how literally everything went the opposite way for the heroes than it normally would in an action/buddy flick.

Yup, I found it very suspenseful in that way; the same old tropes didn't play out as I expected them. Fucking Earl stole the show, actually everybody had plenty of great moments but Paxton was wicked.

I was kind of surprised to see 2 Guns was adapted from a graphic novel but then again a lot of great movies are.

Bond Hengbu

Postby Bond Hengbu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:55 am

Go Tell The Spartans

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Grayson wrote:Image

Womb - Saw a movie with Matt Smith and Eva Green and thought I should give it a try. Not really sure what I just watched but I do feel compelled to take a shower.

Grayson wrote:
Trust me, the description of the movie is way more interesting than the actual movie itself.

I just finished watching it. Yeah .. that's .. I don't know how to describe it other than slow, creepy, not something I would watch with my mother. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook