Saturday, July 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nightfly

Staff Writer

Postby Nightfly » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:24 am

Stand Up Guys (2012) - Loved it.

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:25 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Alone With Her - A guy attempts to win the affection of a woman. He does what any guy would do and sets up surveillance equipment throughout her house to learn everything about her. What easier way is there to have everything in common? Getting to watch her shower and masturbate is just a small bonus.

:lol:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:23 pm

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Grayson wrote:
I haven't seen Riddick but I have heard quite a lot about it and at this point I would assume that it was made specifically so that it could clean up the mess that was made by Chronicles of Riddick.

It actually made things worse.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Frozen - Great fucking movie. Took the boys to see it and they liked it as well.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:28 am

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:19 pm

47 Ronin- Not bad at all. I liked it!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:39 pm

"Sinister" - Ethan Hawke's character is kind of a selfish douche but it's a genuinely scary movie. I tried to watch it twice, both times very late at night, but had to turn it off. I wound up DVRing it and watching it this afternoon :lol:

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Kick-Ass 2.

Only slightly less absurd than the first one. But it kept me from being bored enough to shoot someone.

Nightfly

Staff Writer

Postby Nightfly » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:46 am

Last nite I rewatched Transformers: Dark of the Moon and screened The Assassin Next Door [2009] (for the first time) because Netflix is losing 'em both shortly.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Argo.

And I was somewhat disappointed by it. I thought that the first half of the movie, with all the rock tracks from the '70s, was too "fun" or amusing for the subject matter of the movie. It verged on coming across as a buddy picture between Affleck and Goodman. And I found the finale, with the chase scene on the runway, to be contrived and overly dramatic. The escape would have be sufficiently suspenseful, and much more believable, had the police cars been excluded.

I don't think it deserves the Oscars that it won. It's a fine movie, but far from excellent. Heck, it isn't even Affleck's best movie as a director. Both Gone Baby Gone and The Town are far superior.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Argo.

And I was somewhat disappointed by it. I thought that the first half of the movie, with all the rock tracks from the '70s, was too "fun" or amusing for the subject matter of the movie. It verged on coming across as a buddy picture between Affleck and Goodman. And I found the finale, with the chase scene on the runway, to be contrived and overly dramatic. The escape would have be sufficiently suspenseful, and much more believable, had the police cars been excluded.

I don't think it deserves the Oscars that it won. It's a fine movie, but far from excellent. Heck, it isn't even Affleck's best movie as a director. Both Gone Baby Gone and The Town are far superior.

I enjoyed the movie, but I agree with you about the final chase scene. I kept thinking that the guys chasing the plane were part of airport security and there isn't anyway for them to phone people to simply revoke the plane's permission to take off? In most airports, this isn't a hard thing to do, particularly with the amount of time those guys had.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Totally agree.

Nightfly

Staff Writer

Postby Nightfly » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:18 am

Rewatched Stealth (2005) again last nite OnDemand via Starz. I've been a fan of this flick since it first came out and have seen it many times.

leave a comment with facebook