Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Punchy wrote:
Really liked it, there are problems with the characters being a bit bland and having stupid-ass names, but once the action scenes start, you forget all that and I had a blast cheering on the giant robots and seeing them smash shit up. Some of the best action scenes ever.

Agreed, I've watched this 4 times now and I still want to see it again.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Punchy wrote:
Really liked it, there are problems with the characters being a bit bland and having stupid-ass names, but once the action scenes start, you forget all that and I had a blast cheering on the giant robots and seeing them smash shit up. Some of the best action scenes ever.

I agree. If you go in expecting it to be something deep or layered with great acting/scripting, you'll be thoroughly disappointed. If you go in to see monsters fighting robots, it's pretty damn awesome.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:35 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
I agree. If you go in expecting it to be something deep or layered with great acting/scripting, you'll be thoroughly disappointed. If you go in to see monsters fighting robots, it's pretty damn awesome.

This is it in a nutshell. It's all about the giant robots fighting the giant monsters, the characters and the story, admittedly what little story there is, is only there to bridge the gap between scenes where giant robots fight giant monsters. It's not intended to be a very deep movie.

Nightfly

Staff Writer

Postby Nightfly » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Watched a couple 2006 indie movies on their last day at Netflix, Diggers and Fay Grim. Neither really entertained or impressed me but I was especially annoyed by Fay Grim (despite being a fan of Posey and Goldblum). Ugh. At least Diggers had an excellent cast though the movie told a pretty pedestrian story.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Wolf of Wall Street. Great movie but don't see it with your parents.

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Saving Mr. Banks

great great movie

Flight of Dragons

a film from my youth. Glad I bought it.

GiveWarAChance

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:53 am

Frontier(s) - The French know how to make horror films. A bunch of badasses pull of a heist and make a run for the border. They stop in a Inn and meet up with a family of bigger badasses made up of Nazi cannibals.

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:32 am

I watched the Extended Edition of Dances With Wolves -- which is a whopping FOUR HOURS LONG -- and loved every minute of it. What a great film. :D

GiveWarAChance

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:36 am

spidertour02 wrote:I watched the Extended Edition of Dances With Wolves -- which is a whopping FOUR HOURS LONG -- and loved every minute of it. What a great film. :D

I picked that up during Black Friday. I just have to find the time to fit it in now.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:47 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Wolf of Wall Street. Great movie but don't see it with your parents.

Why not?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Lots of gratuitous sex.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 pm

spidertour02 wrote:I watched the Extended Edition of Dances With Wolves -- which is a whopping FOUR HOURS LONG -- and loved every minute of it. What a great film. :D

4 hours? Count me in !

GiveWarAChance

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:03 am

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. Really good movie.

leave a comment with facebook