Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:53 pm

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

This was WAY better than I thought it would be.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Finally saw Riddick.

It really was the same basic plot of the first movie. Just with more people you didn't care about dying horribly. And really not even dying horribly. More like...slapstick with blood. Like the guy who got his head chopped off...from the jaw up.

At one point, even Riddick pointed out the similarity between this movie and the first one.

As this franchise drags on, it seems like the waffle more and more about whether to keep Riddick a villain, or to cast him as a good guy. It was fun to watch his quiet, rumbling menace in the first film, but at this point, Riddick's entire life is a collection of one-liners. In the first movie, he came off as a total dangerous fucking freak, snipping off a bitch's hair and shit. You got the sense that he could explode at any moment and start killing everyone around him just to watch them bleed. It was uncomfortable to like Riddick, but that was a good thing.

Now, they want to make it easier to like Riddick. They even gave him a puppy. Be advised, I shit you not. A damn puppy. And he's got this streak of nobility in him. I dunno...maybe he got that from Caroline's death in the first movie, but whatever. It ends predictably.

I'm thinking a lot of Riddick's problems could be avoided if he just carried a gun. Sure, it doesn't have the range of a homemade shiv, but it might have avoided this whole mess in the first place.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:41 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Wolf of Wall Street. Great movie but don't see it with your parents.

Arion wrote:Why not?

LOTS of reasons, if your parents are anything like mine.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/parentalguide?ref_=m_tt_stry_pg

I just watched this:

It's a documentary about the rise & fall of Clean Flicks, the company that edited movies The Matrix & The Big Lebowski, cutting out the profanity, violence, nudity & sexual situations and selling them to the Mormon community.

It was interesting. Not bad for a late night on Netflix.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:36 pm

The Conjuring
History of the World, Part 1

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Cernunnos wrote:The Conjuring
History of the World, Part 1

That's an interesting pairing. I'm assuming it wasn't in one night, because that would make for a strange combo.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:54 pm

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:09 am

Her. What a wonderful, wonderful movie.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Her. What a wonderful, wonderful movie.

Really?

The premise sounds... odd to me.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Was funny. The leek scene's had me laughing like a kid. :D :lol: :lol:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 pm

It was...ok.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 pm

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Astroboy

I didn't enjoy this as much as I liked the original series back in the day, but it was OK.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm

I watched Astroboy this afternoon and also watched, The Three Musketeers.

This movie was much better than I thought it would be. It overly relied on slow motion during the fights scenes, but that's a common problem.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:26 am

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first Movie) :)

leave a comment with facebook