Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:35 am

Strict31 wrote:
I was just kidding, Sarah. I figured "About Time" was about time travel, but didn't involve any of the cool things about time travel, such as explosions and punching cavemen.

It has Bill Nighy being Bill Nighy. That's all you need, really.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:23 am

syxxpakk wrote:
It has Bill Nighy being Bill Nighy. That's all you need, really.

Oh, I remember it now.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Now You See Me - It was a decent enough movie but it started to fall apart near the end. The revelations were intriguing enough but the execution left a lot to be desired.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Her - I enjoyed this movie much more than I thought I would. It had a surprisingly touching, albeit odd story and it was easy to see what all of the buzz surrounding this film was about.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 pm

In the Mouth of Madness

I hadn't seen this movie since the 90s and I still enjoyed it.

jay042

Tip Top Dancer

Postby jay042 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:57 pm

ADIOS SABATA
Yul Brenner's spaghetti western. He and some Mexican revolutionaries are trying to steal a gold shipment from the French. It's a lot of crosses and double crosses with a number of peculiar characters trying to get the gold.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:58 pm

King Of New York, New Jack City, and Escape From New York

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:08 pm

And might I add.... wow. Tom Hanks did get robbed with no nomination.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:55 pm

American Hustle - Great cast with great performances across the board. So far I have seen 5 of the 9 Oscar nominees for Best Picture and this is easily my choice at the moment but I have a couple of really strong contenders to watch in the next week.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:32 pm

The Shadow Strikes - More like Lamont Cranston Strikes, since he's only the Shadow for a few minutes at the beginning. The rest is low budget mystery with a washed up actor that the kiddies at the matinee shows on the weekend probably ate up.

Tales From the Crypt- The original with no annoying puppet cackling bad puns. Just the best you could get from British horror in the 70's.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 am

I watched the first half of Hannibal Rising.
I liked what I saw so far... is that okay or is there something wrong with me? :oops:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Philomena - Phenomenal movie that overtook American Hustle as my front runner for Best Picture.

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm off for a couple days so I watched:
Escape Plan
Justice League: War

and I marathoned
Game of Thrones Season 3 (seen it before, just needed to refresh for S4)
True Detective
Black Sails

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 am

Grayson wrote:Image

Gravity - Visually stunning movie that featured great performances by Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, however, about 5 minutes into the movie I was already annoyed by Bullock's character. She played the character exceedingly well but I had a really hard time finding her particularly likable.

I just watched this movie myself. My thoughts were pretty much the same as yours. The visuals were truly spectacular, but I had no emotional attachment to Sandra Bullock's character at all.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Blue Jasmine

leave a comment with facebook