Wednesday, November 22, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 pm

The House - While not a great movie by any means, the film featured a terrific comedic cast, and I was thoroughly entertained throughout the 88 minute run time.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Mulan - Not sure why it has taken me almost 20 years to sit down and watch this but here we are. Thankfully Rick and Morty and a certain sauce related incident renewed my heretofore nonexistent interest in the film. Apparently, I was being stubborn for nothing because I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't put it on the same level as some of Disney's other classic animated films but it's certainly a classic.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Jesse

Post Whore

Postby Jesse » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:50 am

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017)

I liked this better than the original and am glad to see there will be another sequel.

TheLurker

phrase IV

Postby TheLurker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Grayson wrote:Image

The House - While not a great movie by any means, the film featured a terrific comedic cast, and I was thoroughly entertained throughout the 88 minute run time.

Yes. I originally read the plot and thought it sounded totally stupid. Then I saw the cast. They saved. While not a great film, it is easily worth the time for the laughs.

TheLurker

phrase IV

Postby TheLurker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Major Payne

Bad in some ways, but 20 years later I watched this on HBO rather than watching my Packers lose. So many laughs and great lines.

Jesse

Post Whore

Postby Jesse » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 am

Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

The third film in the Terence Fisher Dracula trilogy and Christopher Lee's second appearance in the role is better than it has a right to be considering the title character has no dialogue. It's largely carried by the supporting cast particularly Andrew Keir who plays Father Sandor and scream queen Barbara Shelley who is in quite a few entertaining horror movies from this era. There's an effective use of mystery and suspense that builds to a sense of dread until the Kent family are confronted by their enigmatic undead host. One of the best scenes in any Dracula movie ever is one of the character's blood being drained over Dracula's remains, his body gradually reforms, then mist fills the space and his hand reaches up making for a really cool visual. The ending is quite good and I definitely rank this as one of the better Hammer Dracula sequels.

Jesse

Post Whore

Postby Jesse » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:12 am

Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (1968)

Picking up a year after the events of the previous movie a priest accidentally resurrects Dracula and becomes his unwilling servant. The supporting cast isn't as strong as in the previous sequel but there are still some decent performances plus the story is interesting and well paced. I thought making the protagonist an atheist was kind of clever and I'm not sure if it had been done in something like this before. Another exciting ending in this film series with lots of gory imagery.

Jesse

Post Whore

Postby Jesse » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 am

Eyes Without a Face (1960)

I've been meaning to see this for awhile and was glad to watch it late night on TCM Imports. It's actually incredibly well made for the horror genre of that era. The mask the main character wears to hide her disfigurement is absolutely haunting and you can see its influence on the look of Michael Myers in Halloween. When she removes her mask to reveal her grotesque facial features it's definitely shocking. There's also a scene where they actually show a doctor surgically removing a woman's face. Not only is it one of the earlier depictions of gore on film but it's possibly the most graphic and disturbing use of special effects makeup at the time. It genuinely made me cringe seeing how realistic it was. I highly recommend this one!

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Watched this 3 times in theatres and I'd gladly go again.

jephd

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jephd » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:28 pm

If you want to laugh loudly whilst being simultaneously ashamed at the horrific stuff you are laughing at 5stars.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 pm

jephd wrote:Image

If you want to laugh loudly whilst being simultaneously ashamed at the horrific stuff you are laughing at 5stars.

That's the same way I feel watching an Ilsa film.

Jesse

Post Whore

Postby Jesse » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:59 am

The Curse of the Werewolf (1961)

Arguably the best werewolf movie of the '60s and I'm curious as to why Hammer Films never made another werewolf movie. It's not as scary as some of the other Terence Fisher horror movies but it's still an interesting and tragic story. Oliver Reed gives a great performance and may be the most endearing movie monster from this era. The transformation scene is well done, the werewolf design is more menacing than its Universal predecessor and the ending is pretty exciting.

leave a comment with facebook