Sunday, July 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Get Out (2017)

Interesting social commentary with great casting and a few unexpected twists. There are lots of creepy performances and some effective scares combined with a little humor. The climax is exciting with a good bit of gory kills and a pretty satisfying ending. I think this is a must see for fans of Jordan Peele.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Films I've seen the last Week (Monday to Monday)

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Pizza Dog wrote:Films I've seen the last Week (Monday to Monday)

I'm looking forward to seeing Murder on the Orient Express as I loved the novel and the casting looks great.

Was Jigsaw any good?

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Mill of the Stone Women (1960)

I didn't realize this was the fist Italian horror movie shot in full color when I started watching it. The pacing isn't great but the atmosphere is super creepy, the plot is twisted and the ending is pretty exciting. A man watches an ill woman who confesses her love for him die but is drugged by her doctor and her father who convince him it was all a hallucination. Later he discovers they are kidnapping women to use in blood transfusions that prolong the daughter's life while hiding the bodies in a waxworks carousel of corpses.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Project: Metalbeast (1995)

This is a pretty fun bad movie and the tone is serious despite the ridiculousness of the premise. The production quality and acting are pretty much straight-to-video but the werewolf designs look good and the gory special effects are realistic. There's also a few cheesy one-liners and the ending is action packed. After killing a werewolf a special ops soldier takes back a blood sample for experimentation. When he becomes unhappy with the progress he injects himself with the werewolf blood and starts killing people. He is shot with silver bullets and cryogenically frozen for decades and eventually used in another experiment that surgically grafts a metal alloy synthetic skin to him in order to create an unstoppable supersoldier. I would love to see this get the RiffTrax treatment.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Punchy wrote:Image

Luckily, with the Dark Universal stuff crashing and burning, we might not have to worry about that remake they're planning.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)

Decent action thriller on par with the first one arguably at times even a little better. Still think the live action version pales in comparison to the books though.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

The Lego Batman Movie (2017)

Watched this on HBO as it aired last night. It is just as fun as the original LEGO movie but even crazier and definitely requires multiple viewings in order to fully appreciate it and to catch all of the references.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm

"What's the password?"
"Iron Man sucks" :lol:

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 pm

T2 Trainspotting (2017)

Not nearly as cool as the original but an interesting sequel with a satisfying enough conclusion. I haven't read the source material to compare it though.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Life (2017)

Interesting premise with decent casting, eerie mood and some tense moments. While it doesn't necessarily add anything new or original to the genre it uses the existing tropes well enough to be entertaining. I'm not a big fan of CGI but the evolution of the alien from single celled organism to downright scary monster made for some disturbing and cool looking visuals.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:23 am

Slither (2006)

This is an entertaining homage to the genre with great casting and lots of action and suspense. The special effects in this are top notch despite the heavy reliance on CGI the practical effects makeups are some of the best and most disturbing of the era. James Gunn's sense of humor is probably not for everyone but I think the dark comedy works really well here. He even pays tribute to his Troma roots by showing a character watching a scene from The Toxic Avenger. One of my favorite modern horror movies!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Cars 3 - Grandma and Grandpa bought the little guy the third Cars movie since he adores the first movie so much. It's definitely better than the second one and was pretty enjoyable. I'm annoyed by how much I enjoy these moves now because of my son though. :lol:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:52 pm

leave a comment with facebook