Wednesday, November 21, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:47 pm

I watched a fantasy movie on Netflix the other night called The Veil. It was nothing spectacular but not bad for a straight-to-DVD movie.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 am

Maniac Cop 2 (1990)

Pretty solid follow up to the original and I was glad to see Bruce Campbell return despite his appearance being brief. This was well paced like the previous film and the new casting was good as well. The action scenes are bigger and at times they're pretty over-the-top. The special effects makeup Robert Z’Dar wears is more gruesome and there are plenty of bloody kills. The climax where he breaks into the prison where he was originally stabbed to death was epic especially when he gets set on fire and still manages to continue his killing spree. I'm definitely looking forward to the third and final installment in this series.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:18 am

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 am

The Middle Finger. An Irish production under the Troma label. I like Troma movies generally but this was even better.

rustyrusty

Garbage Collector

Postby rustyrusty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:31 am

Jack Charlemagne wrote:The Middle Finger. An Irish production under the Troma label. I like Troma movies generally but this was even better.

Just watched it, kind of funny in places, not terrible at all.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:44 pm

It Came from Outer Space (1953)

I rewatched this as it aired on TCM recently an enjoyed it. Honestly I feel that it's one of the best campy monster movies ever made. The production value is high for the time, the mood and score are eerie throughout and it's full of inventive shots and interesting visuals. Richard Carlson gives a solid performance as an astronomer who witnesses a meteor crash land in the desert which turns out to be an alien spacecraft. Things get complicated when the bug-eyed aliens start impersonating and abducting people in an attempt to repair their ship. I really like the reaction shots of the victims from the aliens perspective. The ending where Carlson's character confronts his own alien doppelganger then blows up the entrance to a mine in order to stop a posse from attacking the aliens is pretty climactic. I would really like to read the Ray Bradbury story this is based on.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Hamlet 2 (2008)

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Beauty and the Beast - Never really cared for Disney's animated version, but the live action version was pretty good. And nice nods to some Broadway shows that only musical theatre fans would probably notice.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Star Wars viii The Last Jedi. Midnight showinf

Lyunoh

Whippersnapper

Postby Lyunoh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 am

Rented it from the library.

diegogue

Whippersnapper

Postby diegogue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Wolf Warrior 2

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:44 pm

The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)

This has been on my film noir to watch list for a couple of years now and I'm glad I finally found the opportunity to watch it on TCM On Demand. It's a really interesting story that uses the cliches very well. There are some unexpected plot twists and a couple of strong performances. Not only was Lana Turner an incredible beauty more importantly she was a phenomenal talent. She falls right into the role of femme fatale here and plays the hell of out it. She also has great on-screen chemistry with her co-star John Garfield. Their love hate relationship really carries the film and makes the ending all the more tragic.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:41 pm

leave a comment with facebook