Friday, February 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:01 am

Fright Night Part 2 (1988)

I grew up a fan of the first film but wasn't even aware this existed until recently. I thought this was more of the same cheesy fun and was glad to see some of the original cast return. This time Charlie is seduced by a sexy vampiress and it's up to his girlfriend and Fright Night TV host Peter Vincent to save him from being turned into a vampire. The practical special effects hold up really well and there are a bunch of creepy visuals and gore. The bowling montage felt a bit odd but otherwise I would definitely recommend this to fans of the original.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Akira (1988)

DJ Convoy

cheese

Postby DJ Convoy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Here's some heresy... I just watched Guardians 2 on Netflix and didn't much care for it at all. Too many "the audience will respond favorably to this" moments, too much CGI, and too far away from the "actual" characters.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Meet the Feebles (1989)

This early Peter Jackson film was not at all what I was expecting. It's basically an R-rated satire of the Muppets complete with variety show musical numbers and in some ways it was ahead of its time. The practical special effects and puppeteer work are actually quite impressive considering how low budget it is and there's a huge cast of puppets. The dark, irreverent and often gross humor works surprisingly well despite how bizarre it is seeing children's puppets working with such adult oriented material. While I wouldn't recommend it to fans of his modern work it certainly fits in with his other splatter era work and it's an interesting look at his early career.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 pm

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 am

Yor: The Hunter from the Future - Yor fights dinosaurs, battles cavemen, hang glides from a huge dead bat, combats men with fire sticks, has two women wrestle each other for him, throws a talking box, and takes on droids from Star Wars. Truly a cinematic masterpiece for the ages.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Image
Yor: The Hunter from the Future - Yor fights dinosaurs, battles cavemen, hang glides from a huge dead bat, combats men with fire sticks, has two women wrestle each other for him, throws a talking box, and takes on droids from Star Wars. Truly a cinematic masterpiece for the ages.

I remember watching this on one of the early movie pay channels back in the 80s.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:53 pm

It was fun musical.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 am

Stephen Day wrote:Image

It was fun musical.

Really the closest there should ever be to a film adaptation to Barnum.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Glaeken wrote:

Really the closest there should ever be to a film adaptation to Barnum.

Yeah, a dramatic film adaption could get really dark.

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:46 am

Night of Something Strange - A janitor at a morgue decides to fuck a corpse. He contracts an STD that quickly spreads around town and turns people into sex crazed zombies. Sex crazed zombies with penises and vaginas that have teeth and tentacles.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:07 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Image
Night of Something Strange - A janitor at a morgue decides to fuck a corpse. He contracts an STD that quickly spreads around town and turns people into sex crazed zombies. Sex crazed zombies with penises and vaginas that have teeth and tentacles.

:shock:

Where on Earth do you find these things? :lol:

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
:shock:

Where on Earth do you find these things? :lol:

I find them on my shelves. :P

I own a sizable movie collection and am getting in new stuff every week. I spend time trying to find things I've never watched before. The more out-there, the better. I'm pretty much down for most horror, fantasy and sci-fi though. The more mainstream stuff I rarely post about.

leave a comment with facebook