Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

When a retcon isn't a bad thing.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 am

Spektre wrote:
Yep, I see Quex-Ul strangle Zod to death. That was easy.


Why are his hands still moving?
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:29 am

Image

All you see there is the attempted murder of Zod by Quex-Ul. Zod is still alive and kicking(literally) until the radiation kills them both.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 am

Ntikrst wrote:
Why are his hands still moving?


Because, as shown in this and the previous panel, he is being shaken violently by Quex-Ul.
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:32 am

Spektre wrote:
Because, as shown in this and the previous panel, he is being shaken violently by Quex-Ul.


His face is emoting, his hands are still moving and his legs are kicking in the last panel because he is still alive.

Image
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:35 am

Ntikrst wrote:
His face is emoting, his hands are still moving and his legs are kicking in the last panel because he is still alive.

Image


His face is twisted in a death stare as his limp body continues to be shaken by the murderer Quex-Ul. Notice how his hand that was tightly clutching Zod has fallen limp.
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:35 am

Across all media, Superman's body count is at least 16, not including henchmen he refused to save.
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:37 am

Spektre wrote:
His face is twisted in a death stare as his limp body continues to be shaken by the murderer Quex-Ul. Notice how his hand that was tightly clutching Zod has fallen limp.


Nope those two little lines indicate movement. He's not dead yet, Jim, the kryptonite finished him and Quex off. Superman killed three villains there just like he did in Lester's cut of Superman II.

It's practically tradition to kill Zod.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:41 am

Nope the lines represent Zod's body being shaken. After all, how long would it take for one Kryptonian to break another Kryptonian's neck?



Hmm about 0.5 seconds it seems.
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:43 am

Spektre wrote:Nope the lines represent Zod's body being shaken. After all, how long would it take for one Kryptonian to break another Kryptonian's neck?


Quex-Ul can't break his neck because he's dying of kryptonite poisoning, that's why Zod is still kicking and clutching Q's other arm while his eyes are still rolling. It's close but no cigar.
Image

Zod lives until we don't see him anymore. Why do you think Superman's crying, trash on the moon?
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:48 am

Zod's as dead as the New52's sales numbers.
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:50 am

Spektre wrote:Zod's as dead as the New52's sales numbers.


Not according to Mark Waid, so that means you're wrong and you're bullshit song and dance comes to an end.

Have a nice trip. :smt006
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:59 am

Ntikrst wrote:
Not according to Mark Waid, so that means you're wrong and you're bullshit song and dance comes to an end.

Have a nice trip. :smt006


LOL, Well if Mark Waid says it.

We see Q kill Zod on panel AFTER HE SAYS HE'S GOING TO DO IT.

Let me know when you come back to reality.
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:00 am

Spektre wrote:
LOL, Well if Mark Waid says it.

We see him Q kill Zod on panel AFTER HE SAYS HE'S GOING TO DO IT.


We only see Q's attempt at murder before the kryptonite poisons them and he fails just as hard as you do.

Image

Do you value yourself so highly to consider yourself Waid's peer? Aren't you expecting us to accept what you claim just because YOU said so? :smt005
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:12 am

Ntikrst wrote:
We only see Q's attempt at murder before the kryptonite poisons them and he fails just as hard as you do.

Image

Do you value yourself so highly to consider yourself Waid's peer? Aren't you expecting us to accept what you claim just because YOU said so? :smt005


No. I am expecting you to have the intellectual capacity to move above group thought. People aren't homogenous. You can agree with them on some things and not on others.

I am expecting you to accept what is shown on the page. Quex-Ul killing Zod.

And I seem to remember someone stating...

Thank Zod Waid is never going to write a Superman story again, his love affair with the Silver Age eunuch is worse than Morrison's.

For all his extensive knowledge of all things Superman, it seems like he's completely ignorant of the Golden Age, Fleischer cartoons, Adventures of Superman with George Reeves, or John Byrne's unsurpassed revamp of the character post CoIE.

Now...who is claiming they are Waid's superior again?

(Like shooting fish in a barrel)
User avatar

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:25 am

Spektre wrote:
No. I am expecting you to have the intellectual capacity to move above group thought. People aren't homogenous. You can agree with them on some things and not on others.

I am expecting you to accept what is shown on the page.


I am; the attempted murder of Zod by Quex-Ul during the execution conducted by Superman.

Now...who is claiming they are Waid's superior again?


I'm a cartoonist, Mark Waid will never draw as well as I can and he'll never publish his own graphic novels. He's a better writer, for now, but I'm young and hungry.

You have no artistic qualifications, you fucking layman, so you don't get to look Waid in the eye and contradict him.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fieldy snuts, Glacier16, Google [Bot], TheLurker and 68 guests