Advertisement

When a retcon isn't a bad thing.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spektre
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Re: When a retcon isn't a bad thing.

Postby Spektre » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 am

Ntikrst wrote:
I am; the attempted murder of Zod by Quex-Ul during the execution conducted by Superman.

I'm a cartoonist, Mark Waid will never draw as well as I can and he'll never publish his own graphic novels. He's a better writer, for now, but I'm young and hungry.

You have no artistic qualifications, you fucking layman, so you don't get to look Waid in the eye and contradict him.

So you're a wannabe with delusions of grandeur. Gotcha.

Friday, I look my Congressman in the eye and contradict him. I have done so previously with heads of state, and CEOs of Top 10 companies. Mark Waid would be a pleasant distraction. You, not so much.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Advertisement

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:55 am

Spektre wrote:
So you're a wannabe with delusions of grandeur. Gotcha.

No, I'm a cartoonist that has transitioned over from the animation industry after back injuries forced me to retire. Now I publish my own comic books. As soon as I get my I.T.I.N. they'll be for sale.

Friday, I look my Congressman in the eye and contradict him. I have done so previously with heads of state, and CEOs of Top 10 companies. Mark Waid would be a pleasant distraction. You, not so much.

Big deal, you're all fucking laymen when it comes to art. Not one of you cunts is qualified to sharpen my pencil. You have no expertise in interpreting visual representation, whereas I can draw anything I fucking well please.

You're opinion is as baseless as it is irrelevant.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 am

Well it's time for bed. I hope the last two hours wasted arguing with me makes your day shitty and long tomorrow.

See you in a couple of days! :smt006

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:53 am

I actually recorded a verse on Magna Carta Holy Grail but Jay dropped it from the album because he couldn't afford my royalty fees.

MikeinLA
crash test dummy

Postby MikeinLA » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:20 am

What's the myth where the hero tricks two monsters into fighting each other? Scylla and Charybdis? Because that's what this feels like.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:29 am

MikeinLA wrote:What's the myth where the hero tricks two monsters into fighting each other? Scylla and Charybdis? Because that's what this feels like.

:lol: that's from the odyssey, isn't it? Where Odysseus had to choose between going by the monster or the whirlpool?

MikeinLA
crash test dummy

Postby MikeinLA » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 am

Keb wrote::lol: that's from the odyssey, isn't it? Where Odysseus had to choose between going by the monster or the whirlpool?

Yes. But a wiki search says that's how the myth went. Odysseus just steered the ship between the two obstacles. I could have sworn hearing it differently. Maybe its the legend of "Scylla" and "Charybidis" I'm recalling?

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Postby outsider » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:25 am

Odysseus tricks the Cyclops into not eating him by letting him eat several of his own men first. :lol:
-

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 am

outsider wrote:Odysseus tricks the Cyclops into not eating him by letting him eat several of his own men first. :lol:

He's most known for being one of the smartest Greek heroes. He's not known for being a nice guy. Letting Eddie the cabin boy get eaten so he can live is just smart planning.

Actually I don't think there's a single Greek hero who wasn't a jackass in some way. Much like the Gods they were all deeply deeply flawed.

MikeinLA
crash test dummy

Postby MikeinLA » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:09 am

Jack Burton wrote:
He's most known for being one of the smartest Greek heroes. He's not known for being a nice guy. Letting Eddie the cabin boy get eaten so he can live is just smart planning.

Actually I don't think there's a single Greek hero who wasn't a jackass in some way. Much like the Gods they were all deeply deeply flawed.

Prometheus seemed like a nice guy. Of course, it cost him dearly.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:19 am

Prometheus was an anti-social reform allegory for retaining power to those already in power.
The lesson: Help the common folk and you will be made to suffer!
-

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:22 am

Jack Burton wrote:

Thank you, and karma points to you.

I've had this argument repeatedly in the past with people who refuse to let go of the notion that the gods were, in fact, immensely flawed and exhibited more human foibles than the people that worshiped them.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 am

superfictious wrote:
Thank you, and karma points to you.

I've had this argument repeatedly in the past with people who refuse to let go of the notion that the gods were, in fact, immensely flawed and exhibited more human foibles than the people that worshiped them.

Zeus just liked to have sex. I do not see that as a flaw. A slut sure.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:51 am

Zeus could morph into animals, so his needs were complicated on many, many levels.
-

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:59 am

outsider wrote:Zeus could morph into animals, so his needs were complicated on many, many levels.

Ok so Zeus was a sex addict.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum