Advertisement

Where's your outrage for Chris Lane!?!?!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Where's your outrage for Chris Lane!?!?!

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 am

He's whiter than some neo nazis.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:28 am

syxxpakk wrote:
What gang is that a gang sign for?

Sequester cuts.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 209 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:07 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Achilles, come back tomorrow and I'll give you a serious, honest response. I just typed about fifteen paragraphs on my kindle and the thing rebooted for no reason, deleting it. I am going to sleep now. :(

It's tomorrow, and I haven't slept in like a week, so anything you say is going to be beyond me... :oops:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
But you seem upset that people here aren't outraged by this. If you don't care, why would you be upset? It's irrational.

It is a bit interesting, considering that this case actually IS what so many people like Jackson and Sharpton and yes, Obama claimed the Zimmerman case was---about racisim.

It comes as Edwards, who has been charged with first-degree murder, posted racist tweets saying he hated white people in the months before the shooting.

Edwards posted statements on his Twitter feed including a comment on April 29 where he tweeted "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM".

Edwards also weighed when George Zimmerman was acquitted over the death of Trayvon Martin.

"Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:) lol sh*t ima keep sleepin sh*t! #ayeeee."

"Woods" is derogatory slang for white people. The feed also contains tweets glorifying violence, guns and gangs.

IIRC, the media was busy lying their asses off to make the case that Zimmerman was racist, but with this case, including at least one proven racist, the media is pretty quiet.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:30 am

Wisdom000 wrote:
There is no outrage because there is no one who matters who believes these kids are innocent, there is no way the murderers will get off scott free. In the same way nobody protested Jeffrey Dahmers arrest and conviction, no one will protest this. There is nothing to defend.

The fact that you think the two cases are in any way equivocal makes you a fucking idiot, completely ignorant of any of the underlying problems that are actually in effect.

"No one that mattered" believed that Martin wasn't busily trying to kill Zimmerman either. It was a completely cynical ploy on their part, and the media's, using a sad death as race-baiting. Unlike this case, which as I pointed out actually IS about racism.

But you make the classic argument of someone who doesn't actually have any argument---you act like a jackass with no class. Most people here don't need to resort to that, even those who don't agree with me, but then I guess most people here aren't quite as...limited...in their evident ability to respond using facts and creativity as you seem to be. I'm actually feeling embarrassed for you here...

Damn, son, you're just making yourself look bad. You should give it up and go home, you just don't have game. :lol:
Last edited by achilles on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nobama

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Nobama » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 am

fieldy snuts wrote:He's whiter than some neo nazis.

You might want to get that myopia checked

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 am

Lionel Terror wrote:You might want to get that myopia checked

Michael Jones has light brown hair, green eyes and isn't exactly brimming with melanin.

Nobama

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Nobama » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Michael Jones has light brown hair, green eyes and isn't exactly brimming with melanin.

Probably colored contacts

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:10 am

achilles wrote:
It is a bit interesting, considering that this case actually IS what so many people like Jackson and Sharpton and yes, Obama claimed the Zimmerman case was---about racisim.

IIRC, the media was busy lying their asses off to make the case that Zimmerman was racist, but with this case, including at least one proven racist, the media is pretty quiet.

I don't think this is entirely accurate. For people like Jackson and Sharpton, it's about political power and empowerment, and the racism of an entire society, not the simple racism between individual people. I'm not saying I agree with them, but I think you're oversimplifying and creating a straw man. Every single case ever that involves racism isn't "the thing that Jackson and Sharpton claim to care about."

The media are scum and this doesn't fit their narrative in the same way, though I see they have been covering it more.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:27 am

It took the White House 3 days before the pres s asked a question about Chris Lane, it took six weeks before there was a question on Trayvon Martin.

So thanks Jude, LT, and Thunderstorm for pointing out the obvious media double standard. :D

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:28 am

habitual wrote:It took the White House 3 days before the pres s asked a question about Chris Lane, it took six weeks before there was a question on Trayvon Martin.

So thanks Jude, LT, and Thunderstorm for pointing out the obvious media double standard. :D

Hab

Um... you realize I'm technically on YOUR side in this, right? :lol:

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:31 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Um... you realize I'm technically on YOUR side in this, right? :lol:

Yes, sort of :lol:

Hab

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:20 pm

habitual wrote:It took the White House 3 days before the pres s asked a question about Chris Lane, it took six weeks before there was a question on Trayvon Martin.

Hab

Yes, it took them a little while to discover the Martin thing. So? Once they found it, they ran with it.

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:24 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I don't think this is entirely accurate. For people like Jackson and Sharpton, it's about political power and empowerment, and the racism of an entire society, not the simple racism between individual people. I'm not saying I agree with them, but I think you're oversimplifying and creating a straw man. Every single case ever that involves racism isn't "the thing that Jackson and Sharpton claim to care about."

The media are scum and this doesn't fit their narrative in the same way, though I see they have been covering it more.

Well, your Sharptons and your Jacksons don't actually care about racism IMO. What it means for them, whether it exists in an individual case or not, is what it can get them. Which usually amounts to publicity, money and yeah, power. So yeah, it's an indirect means to getting what they really want.

And yeah, of course they're not going to hit every case that the could conceivably spin toward racism, or actually involves it, only the ones they judge will profit them the most.

But I don't believe that either Jackson or Sharpton have any noble motives whatsoever. They're all about personal money and power and publicity. They're only concerned about societal racism in that it can get them the big bucks. And as we've seen, they're not above lying, cheating or doing anything else that's morally and legally questionable to get it.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 pm

achilles wrote:
Well, your Sharptons and your Jacksons don't actually care about racism IMO. What it means for them, whether it exists in an individual case or not, is what it can get them. Which usually amounts to publicity, money and yeah, power. So yeah, it's an indirect means to getting what they really want.

And yeah, of course they're not going to hit every case that the could conceivably spin toward racism, or actually involves it, only the ones they judge will profit them the most.

But I don't believe that either Jackson or Sharpton have any noble motives whatsoever. They're all about personal money and power and publicity. They're only concerned about societal racism in that it can get them the big bucks. And as we've seen, they're not above lying, cheating or doing anything else that's morally and legally questionable to get it.

And that's fine, I don't like them much either. I'm just saying that it's a straw man to claim that they're hypocrites for not speaking out about crimes against white people.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum