Tuesday, July 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Where's your outrage for Chris Lane!?!?!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:00 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
http://smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view ... of_America

That's about it:
"Exercise normal safety precautions".

Just saw he lived pretty close to my area...some of my friends probably knew him from school. And in 2004 someone else from that school was murdered by a different dumb kid...this one with an umbrella:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/ ... 06053.html

Disturbing.

And your former Australian deputy prime minister Tim Fischer and others are calling for a tourism boycott.

I'm disgusted by the culture of gun violence we've let flourish here, and by the sheer amount of guns on the streets, and by the media reinforcing the sickness. I was very moved by the victim's father's speech.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:56 am

Keb wrote:I love you guys really but I think a lot of you need to go outside and go meet some real black people. Instead of doing Google searches and reading newsfeeds about these things, maybe get out into some of the less fortunate communities and do some work to help black people before you go making racially charged ignorant statements on the internet. You can talk to them and get firsthand accounts of what it means to be black in America today and maybe it will inform your opinion a little. If you don't like the way black people act, or the way some people defend them when they act stupid, maybe you need to get to the root of the problem. The poorest areas of of your locale are usually the best place to start.

Just a suggestion.

No thanks. I'd rather just make fun of them on the internet. Safer and more productive in the long run. :wink:

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:27 am

achilles wrote:For that matter, where is Obama? Like I said, when is he going to claim these fine gentlemen could be his sons?

They couldn't be his sons, because he would never allow his sons to become thugs and be involved in such activities. His son could have been someone walking down the street and being confronted by a over zealous vigilante who assumed the worst of him.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:32 am

pastajoe wrote:
They couldn't be his sons, because he would never allow his sons to become thugs and be involved in such activities. His son could have been someone walking down the street and being confronted by a over zealous vigilante who assumed the worst of him.

Yeah, and his daughters would never take selfies throwing up gang signs like those kids did:

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:43 am

Nice the see the righties on the board trying to start a controversy where there isn't one. :roll:

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:02 am

No controversy huh? Why isn't a single 24 hour news channel reporting this as a hate crime then? And like I said, why the hell did it take me making a thread about it for people to be discussing it in the first place?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:32 am

achilles wrote:
Er, so your suggestion to a group of people behaving badly is that it is someone else's fault, other than them, and that everyone else should go and help them not behave badly?

Hell, by that account, I should be out there robbing banks and murdering people just for fun like these guys. I certainly have less money than they do, judging by the cash they were flaunting in those pics. I eat less little and the cheapest shit I can find because I can't afford to do better. I've postponed medical procedures I need because I can't afford them. I drive a barely working shitty car because I can't afford better. Yet somehow, I've never hurt anyone in my life, nor do I plan to.

Maybe the root of the problem isn't quite what you seem to be suggesting. And, BTW, I've met many black people. Many were nice, hard working folk. Some were very much not. So perhaps our perceptions aren't the ones that need altering.

No you've pretty much demonstrated the root of the problem with your post right there.

Ignorance.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:42 am

What's the controversy here?

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:28 am

I didn't even know the race of the psychopaths from the stories I read. I really don't think it's relevant.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 am

Log-Man wrote:I didn't even know the race of the psychopaths from the stories I read. I really don't think it's relevant.

Since when is relevance... Well, relevant... When it comes to deliberate shit-stirring? :smt102

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:47 am

Log Man wrote:I didn't even know the race of the psychopaths from the stories I read. I really don't think it's relevant.

From an earlier, unrelated discussion on FB, but I think it totally relates here.

Meet The Thirty-Eight White Men Holding America Hostage
occupydemocrats.com
Thirty-eight white men, most who hail from the eleven Confederate states, have been holding the Republican party, the United States Congress, and the entire country hostage by refusing to compromise on almost any issue. These men consistently block their....Why does the media only use race in negative headlines? If someone's mentioned explicitly to be white or black or what have you, it's not a necessary part of the story, it's just being divisive.

It wasn't "Youth Killed by Man in Self-Defense", it was either "Black Youth Killed by White Man in Self-Defense" (Martin/Zimmerman) or, in the few stories available about the incident, "White Youth Killed by Black Man in Self Defense" (Cervini/Scott).

But only when it's a negative story. All I ever saw was "Cop Gives Homeless Man Shoes", not "White Cop Gives Black Homeless Man Shoes".

I wonder why the race of the alledged attackers was more or less hidden, while in other cases it's pretty in-your-face? :smt017

CNN didn't feel the need to include it in the headline.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justice/australia-student-killed-oklahoma/?c=&page=3

Neither did the writers of this article.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/20/these-are-the-three-teens-arrested-and-suspected-of-murdering-student-chris-lane-for-the-fun-of-it/

Nor this one.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3786739

Not cherry-picking, BTW. These were the first that came up.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Since when is relevance... Well, relevant... When it comes to deliberate shit-stirring? :smt102

What you call deliberate shit stirring, I call pointing out obvious media bias. Some of you effers need to wake the fuck up.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:16 am

The media is owned and operated by rich white people and serves the interest of the US Government and rich white people. It most certainly does not serve the interest of poor black people, which is what you seem to be implying. That makes no logical sense. You need to wake the fuck up because the reaction you have to the media bias, which is very real, I agree, is exactly the divisive reaction you are expected to have to it.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:24 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but the facts in this case as I know them are

3 kids were bored and decided to kill someone
Chris Lane walked by and they were all like "him!"
then they shot him dead

now, from this thread am I to understand that these three kids thought that Chris Lane was a criminal who then attacked them, thus forcing them to act in self defense to kill him?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 am

Lionel Terror wrote:No controversy huh? Why isn't a single 24 hour news channel reporting this as a hate crime then? And like I said, why the hell did it take me making a thread about it for people to be discussing it in the first place?

Schlemmer's posted probably 15,000 posts that were in some way tasteless or another.

This thread of yours is more tasteless than all of those combined, then multiplied by 10.

leave a comment with facebook