Tuesday, September 18, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Where's your outrage for Chris Lane!?!?!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 am

Lionel Terror wrote:One kid who may or may not have been a drug addict thug gets into it with a neighborhood watch guy, grounds and pounds neighborhood watch guy and gets shot & killed in the process. Media proceeds to call neighborhood watch guy "white" even though he wasn't, and continues to this day to call him "white latino". You guys couldn't stop talking about the whole thing.

3 kids who are undoubtedly evil thugs shoot someone in the back who was out exercising for a jog because they were BORED, then dance around like assholes when arrested because they couldn't care less that they just extinguished someone's life. Media can't care less about the story and no one here was even talking about the kid that was killed at all.

Methinks your priorities are out of order.


It doesn't really matter if Trayvon Martin was a drug addict thug, because if Zimmerman had stayed in a car nothing at all would have happened. And if Zimmerman was right in thinking Martin was going to break into a house, the police would have caught him and no one would have had to die.

There's no conflicting story in the Oklahoma case. There was really no way to avoid this murder other than these kids not being "evil thugs." Those kinds of killings happen all the time and the only reason you're making a big deal is to claim the white man's burden because black kids killed a white guy. If you're genuine about this, start a thread every time a non-thug black guy gets killed by black thugs. But you wouldn't do that, and we all know why.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 am

Lionel Terror wrote:Zimmerman wasn't guilty of anything. You guys amaze the shit out of me.


Neither was Casey Anthony. Or OJ.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 am

So many white people being persecuted by the white media arrgghj!

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 am

Regulator wrote:It doesn't really matter if Trayvon Martin was a drug addict thug, because if Zimmerman had stayed in a car nothing at all would have happened. And if Zimmerman was right in thinking Martin was going to break into a house, the police would have caught him and no one would have had to die.

There's no conflicting story in the Oklahoma case. There was really no way to avoid this murder other than these kids not being "evil thugs." Those kinds of killings happen all the time and the only reason you're making a big deal is to claim the white man's burden because black kids killed a white guy. If you're genuine about this, start a thread every time a non-thug black guy gets killed by black thugs. But you wouldn't do that, and we all know why.

I just think it's pure bullshit how something so much less henious gets so much more attention in the media and far more discussion round these parts in particular.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So many white people being persecuted by the white media arrgghj!

What are you even talking about Jude?

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Neither was Casey Anthony. Or OJ.

Not even close to similar cases. Not by a mile.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 am

Lionel Terror wrote:Not even close to similar cases. Not by a mile.


I'm sorry your swiss cheese argument is defeated by OJ, but the point stands whether you like it or not.
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
I'm sorry your swiss cheese argument is defeated by OJ, but the point stands whether you like it or not.


Yeah Lionel can't poke holes in the OJ comparison like he did to Nicole.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:52 am

Lionel Terror wrote:What are you even talking about Jude?


The question is, what are you talking about? Who is arguing that the people that committed this crime are innocent? Seems like an open and shut case to me, which is probably why no one is talking about it. If you're complaining that the media race baits, I agree with you, but I think your reaction is the one they're looking to elicit (from people like you), and of course they want a different kind of outrage from liberals, but to the same end. Outrage = ratings. White people being mad at black people and black people being mad at white people and white people who are mad at black people being mad at other white people who are not mad at black people is precisely what the PTB want to be happening, because then you're all not paying attention to the fact that armed flying robots have the legal right to kill American citizens and the government keeps a database of every phone call you've ever made.

I mean, what is it that YOU think is the motivation for the way the media treats this stuff. Just to stick it to whitey? Why? They ARE whitey.
User avatar

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Keb wrote:I love you guys really but I think a lot of you need to go outside and go meet some real black people. Instead of doing Google searches and reading newsfeeds about these things, maybe get out into some of the less fortunate communities and do some work to help black people before you go making racially charged ignorant statements on the internet. You can talk to them and get firsthand accounts of what it means to be black in America today and maybe it will inform your opinion a little. If you don't like the way black people act, or the way some people defend them when they act stupid, maybe you need to get to the root of the problem. The poorest areas of of your locale are usually the best place to start.

Just a suggestion.


No thanks, I'd rather just watch Chris Rock.



Thunderstorm wrote:You need to check your privilege, Lionel. It wasn't the kids who killed him, it was a system of oppression, socioeconomic inequality, and institutionalized racism that killed him.


I know, right? Thank god not all Black people feel that way, there's hope yet.
User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:06 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
The question is, what are you talking about? Who is arguing that the people that committed this crime are innocent? Seems like an open and shut case to me, which is probably why no one is talking about it. If you're complaining that the media race baits, I agree with you, but I think your reaction is the one they're looking to elicit (from people like you), and of course they want a different kind of outrage from liberals, but to the same end. Outrage = ratings. White people being mad at black people and black people being mad at white people and white people who are mad at black people being mad at other white people who are not mad at black people is precisely what the PTB want to be happening, because then you're all not paying attention to the fact that armed flying robots have the legal right to kill American citizens and the government keeps a database of every phone call you've ever made.

I mean, what is it that YOU think is the motivation for the way the media treats this stuff. Just to stick it to whitey? Why? They ARE whitey.


So you think the proper response to the media both creating and ignoring violent racial attitudes is to just ignore the problem? I get what you're saying, but just letting this continue isn't going to fix anything. It's blatant manipulation whether it's your argument or Lionels.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
So you think the proper response to the media both creating and ignoring violent racial attitudes is to just ignore the problem? I get what you're saying, but just letting this continue isn't going to fix anything. It's blatant manipulation whether it's your argument or Lionels.


I think the people should rise up, overthrow the US Government, and burn every politician and pundit at the stake, take all the wealth from the 1%, redistribute it, and chop off their heads. That's the way civilization had evolved since the dawn of mankind.

But since that's not gonna happen, I think there must be a better solution than raging about teh blacks on a message board, which, IMO does more harm than good, and makes people seem like racist lunatics.
User avatar

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:16 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I think the people should rise up, overthrow the US Government, and burn every politician and pundit at the stake, take all the wealth from the 1%, redistribute it, and chop off their heads. That's the way civilization had evolved since the da...


Image

Jude? JUDE?! JUUUUUDDDEEEEE!!!!!
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:19 pm

The Beast wrote:
Image

Jude? JUDE?! JUUUUUDDDEEEEE!!!!!


:lol:

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Lionel Terror wrote:Zimmerman wasn't guilty of anything. You guys amaze the shit out of me.


I don't see how this is an adequate response to what Frag just said. I mean, he basically hit the nail on the head: people aren't outraged by it because we don't have half the country, as well as the relevant authorities, saying that what the killers did was perfectly fine and that they should be allowed to just get away with it.

Now suppose, the kids had said that they were defending themselves because the victims looked suspicious so they followed them for a while whereupon things turned ugly and they were forced to shoot them in self defence. Now suppose, half the country said, 'fair enough' and the police agreed with them and then they completely got away with it.

Don't you think there would be an outrage, then?

Now, to make it even fairer, let's say that it turns out that the kids were right but that there was a whole period where this really wasn't obvious to a lot of people for completely understandable reasons and even the most fervent supporters of the kids would have to admit that it sure looked like a bunch of people just flat-out got away with murder.

Note what I'm NOT doing here (and I'm putting this in bold): I'm not taking a position on whether Zimmerman deserves to be in jail or not. Not because I don't have strong feelings about that but because it's irrelevant and I don't want to be accused of bias, here. If you believe that Zimmerman did nothing wrong you should still be able to see why one of these situations was much more controversial than the other.

It's because the killers are not being let off the hook, half the nation is not defending their actions and there isn't a long tradition of well-established persecution against the ethnic group to which the victim belongs. That's why.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Rebirth NoctourneM and 34 guests