Advertisement

Which movie was best?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Which was the best of the two?

The Avengers
93%
Man Of Steel
7%

Total votes : 42

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Which movie was best?

Postby The Beast » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:24 pm

The Shadow wrote:Indeed. :drunk

See? If only Travon and George joined The Outhouse before it was too late... :cry:

Advertisement

Spektre
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Spektre » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:08 pm

The Shadow wrote:But you're saying MoS does compared to Avengers. Before we go further I know you did because the choices were MoS or Avengers and you said Avengers was a distant second.

Now that that's clarified, let's continue dissecting your 'argument' shall we? Your replies are bolded and mine are in italics to make it easy.

You said Avengers, in comparison to MoS had "pedestrian pacing".

I then asked you to explain your point.

You said "Pedestrian as in commonplace, unoriginal."

I asked a series of questions. "I still don't know what you mean... how is this action movie's pacing more commonplace or unoriginal than A) any other action movie and; B) more commonplace or unoriginal than MoS? and; C) Where is MoS superior?"

You never responded and totally avoided the question. You can CLEARLY see both points B and C relate to MoS.

And then you said "I can't help you grasp the definition of unoriginal" Which I am quite familiar with... your replies fall into the category.

I then explained my profession and asked again "What I don't know is how you think MoS had pacing that was MORE original than any other action movie." That would include Avengers.

And now we're here... with you insulting my profession and still not explaining your point. :smt102

Based on your lack of reply to some very simple questions I often wonder why is it so many people on forums have such piss poor reading comprehension. Maybe the BC school system failed you.

Am I using bigger words than you are comfortable with? Should I write at a lower level to help you understand the questions? Should I reword them (yet again) using easier words to simplify them?

How can I help you?

Not everyone is capable of being a teacher. We have to wade through many shit writings by people who THINK they are smart yet don't answer the simple questions that were put in front of them. Sound familiar?

It takes patience to be a teacher (such as me showing how you're avoiding answering simple questions) and accusing me of straw man arguments when you can plainly see it was a part of a series of questions in relation to your initial point.

Yet it seems you do.

You say "Not this god who can't keep his thralls in check and not this army that cruises downtown New York until it's time for them to be attacked/defeated."

Yet if you knew Norse mythology you'd know Loki is almost always at fault for his own plans failing. Whedon did a great job of incorporating this aspect of his character from myth to movie.

But what would I know? I'm, only a teacher...................... :smt006

I don't think you know what hostile means.

Because if you did you would see your post is teeming with hostility from insulting my profession to swearing to 'yelling' by using all caps.

Sometimes we use it to combat stupidity too.... :smt006

Hostile.

A fortune teller too!

How did you know MoS would be faced with such earth shattering challenges?

You finally got something right!

No, I don't prefer the Silver Age formula (though I see some benefits to it I also see drawbacks). I much prefer the modern style of comic.

... your fortune teller skills don't translate to mind reading...

And you haven't read much Golden Age have you?

Point by point take down here.

:shock:
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 1 post

Postby The Beast » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Spektre wrote:
Point by point take down here.

:shock:

Shadow would have to actually make a point first to qualify as a "take down" but I don't expect you to know any better. Reality and common sense are not things you consider to be "in continuity."

By all means, please continue; nothing adds weight to an argument like a ringing endorsement from Teh Spectre! :smt005

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum