Sunday, July 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

White people, please explain pt. 2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
What about the Chinese? They are technologically superior in some ways compared to Europe and have contributed many discoveries that define the modern world we live in. That's a nonwhite race, isn't it?

Eskimos aren't as technologically advanced as Europeans or Asians because they are highly specialized to survive in a harsh environment but in that regard they are superior to some of their Winterfolk counterparts. One could argue that their Culture has survived better than their southern cousins who were largely eradicated and/or assimilated.


The Chinese reached a certain point of technological achievement in the Middle Ages, but never went too further beyond it, due to their culture and philosophy. Here's James Burke to explain why.

User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
The Chinese reached a certain point of technological achievement in the Middle Ages, but never went too further beyond it, due to their culture and philosophy. Here's James Burke to explain why.


That level of technology achievement that you are so quick to gloss over surpassed the the Summerfolk cultures around the world who were still living in the Middle Ages, for the most part, before the World Wars of the 20th Century.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
That level of technology achievement that you are so quick to gloss over still surpassed the the Summerfolk cultures around the world who were living in the Middle Ages, for the most part, before the World Wars of the 20th Century.



The Chinese still did not pass the tech level of the European Winterfolk, whom quickly left them in the dust. I believe James Burke did a better job explaining why in the video than I ever could.
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:49 pm

So what, who cares which of the Winterfolk were at the head of the pack? The fact is they all left the Summerfolk in the dust when it came to technological contributions and social justice that contributed to the modern world we live in.

Have you noticed how you keep championing White Winterfolk over nonwhite Winterfolk? If I didn't know better I'd almost think you're a little bit racist there, Nac.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:25 pm

:lol:
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Ntikrst wrote:So what, who cares which of the Winterfolk were at the head of the pack? The fact is they all left the Summerfolk in the dust when it came to technological contributions and social justice that contributed to the modern world we live in.

Have you noticed how you keep championing White Winterfolk over nonwhite Winterfolk? If I didn't know better I'd almost think you're a little bit racist there, Nac.


I'm just pointing out that the majority of the non-European Winterfolk reached a certain point when it came to technological achievement, then stalled out, and that the reason involve reasons besides the climate, such as culture and religion.

The Arabs made advances in medicine (based on ancient Greek and Roman texts). But Islamic taboos about drawing the human form prevented them from making the achievements in the study of the human body like the Europeans, which led to advances in surgery and medicine.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
I'm just pointing out that the majority of the non-European Winterfolk reached a certain point when it came to technological achievement, then stalled out, and that the reason involve reasons besides the climate, such as culture and religion.

The Arabs made advances in medicine (based on ancient Greek and Roman texts). But Islamic taboos about drawing the human form prevented them from making the achievements in the study of the human body like the Europeans, which led to advances in surgery and medicine.


Nacireman, your theories about "culture" and "religion" are ridiculous. Everyone knows that the achievements of a people is directly and singularly related only to the average temperature and humidity of their homeland. You sound like a lunatic with these silly ideas about "other reasons."
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Nacireman, your theories about "culture" and "religion" are ridiculous. Everyone knows that the achievements of a people is directly and singularly related only to the average temperature and humidity of their homeland. You sound like a lunatic with these silly ideas about "other reasons."


If that were the case the Laplanders would have conquered the world.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Eskimo is racist. Inuit is what they are called.

Its just respectful. Respect is a progressive socialist idea!
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 am

Juan Cena wrote:
I'm just pointing out that the majority of the non-European Winterfolk reached a certain point when it came to technological achievement, then stalled out, and that the reason involve reasons besides the climate, such as culture and religion.

The Arabs made advances in medicine (based on ancient Greek and Roman texts). But Islamic taboos about drawing the human form prevented them from making the achievements in the study of the human body like the Europeans, which led to advances in surgery and medicine.


Winterfolk in Europe and Asia didn't have the same compunctions as Summerfolk in the desert who had too much time on their hands busy making up rules and establishing oppressive Caste systems, so they advanced their technology to a higher degree.

Step back from the trees and take in the forest, son. See that herd? Let's walk down and fuck them all. :-D
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:33 am

Keb wrote:Eskimo is racist. Inuit is what they are called.

Its just respectful. Respect is a progressive socialist idea!


Enforcing respect is a progressive socialist idea because it's a form of rationalized authoritarianism. Traditionally, respect had to be earned and what is so disrespectful about misclassifying a culture anyways?
User avatar

Food Eater lad

cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Only a small part of it was.

Here's a map of the Empire of Mali around the time of Musa I's rule:

Image

You don't get to run a nation that big by basing the entire economy on slavery. Nations that size simply can't run off of one economy sourse. There was much more than that going on. Plus, most of his gold came from the fact that there was a ton of gold in the ground in that area.



And who do you think Musa forced to mine all that gold?
User avatar

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

Food Eater lad wrote:

And who do you think Musa forced to mine all that gold?


What is your gain from rationalizing anything to do with slavery?
User avatar

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 am

Ntikrst wrote:
Enforcing respect is a progressive socialist idea because it's a form of rationalized authoritarianism. Traditionally, respect had to be earned and what is so disrespectful about misclassifying a culture anyways?


Didn't you have a bitch fit when someone made fun of your "religion" that worships giant aliens from an old legend? :lol:
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

WTF this thread is insane.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Flamebird, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Sully85 and 32 guests