Advertisement

White people, please explain pt. 2

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: White people, please explain pt. 2

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Food Eater lad wrote:

Cause his slaves mined his gold, and he sold slaves. I am sure he had a lucrative fruit vending service employed by well paid union workers, but that I can't verify that.

And none of his riches came from taxes on property and trade in other goods other than slavery, absolutely none?

Once again, I'm not saying that Africans are better than Europeans, or that slavery is good. This is totally about your use of the statement, "all of his wealth."
Last edited by Stephen Day on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Muddyglass is the first person (afaik) to use the manta on this site. Did not see that coming. :)

muddyglass
dr. strangelove

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: fear and trembling

Postby muddyglass » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Muddyglass is the first person (afaik) to use the manta on this site. Did not see that coming. :)

you should be stripped of your "whitest poster" title. :smt011
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Never! They abandoned it after I won anyway. :(

muddyglass
dr. strangelove

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: fear and trembling

Postby muddyglass » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Never! They abandoned it after I won anyway. :(

perhaps for the best. it's not something to be proud of. :P :lol:
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 pm

I beg to differ. I'm proud of a lot I had no control over. If for no other reason than not feeling shame over those things.

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 14 posts

Postby Food Eater lad » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
And none of his riches came from taxes on property and trade in other goods other than slavery, absolutely none?

Once again, I'm not saying that Africans are better than Europeans, or that slavery is good. This is totally about your use of the statement, "all of his wealth."

I will conceed that some of it probably came from conquest too.
"Diversity equals division"

Food Eater lad
cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 pm

As for Musa’s moolah, his “shocking wealth came from his country’s vast production of more than half the world’s supply of salt and gold,” according to the Celebrity Net Worth survey, which converted each billionaire’s fortunes into 2012 dollars.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/k ... z2N6jZaWfj

Gold Mines and Salt Mines.

Mansa Musa I ruled West Africa’s Malian Empire in the early 1300s, making his fortune by exploiting his country’s salt and gold production. Many mosques he built as a young man still stand today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 13453.html

About seventy years before Mansa Musa took the throne, his grandfather, Sundiata, conquered the great Ghana empire in 1240 AD.

http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b1musamansu.htm

Mansa Musa sold 14,000 female slaves to pay for his haij. in1324. And up to 20,000 annually were carried away from Nigeria. ---Simon and Shulster "the Slave Trade, pages 44-45.

So slaves worked the salt and gold minds and the barracks of his soldiers (At least the female ones).

So, yes, Mansa Musa became the richest man in history due to slavery.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:12 am

Food Eater lad wrote:As for Musa’s moolah, his “shocking wealth came from his country’s vast production of more than half the world’s supply of salt and gold,” according to the Celebrity Net Worth survey, which converted each billionaire’s fortunes into 2012 dollars.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/k ... z2N6jZaWfj

Gold Mines and Salt Mines.

Mansa Musa I ruled West Africa’s Malian Empire in the early 1300s, making his fortune by exploiting his country’s salt and gold production. Many mosques he built as a young man still stand today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 13453.html

http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b1musamansu.htm

Mansa Musa sold 14,000 female slaves to pay for his haij. in1324. And up to 20,000 annually were carried away from Nigeria. ---Simon and Shulster "the Slave Trade, pages 44-45.

So slaves worked the salt and gold minds and the barracks of his soldiers (At least the female ones).

So, yes, Mansa Musa became the richest man in history due to slavery.

This is all nice, but none of it is anything that I've said is false and none of it proves the statement that all of his wealth came from slavery is true.

Your post above this one is also nice, and I'm glad you conceed something, but it's a simple yes or no question. Are you saying that none of his wealth came from taxing property or trade goods other than slavery? Yes or no.

Food Eater lad
cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 am

I would say a smaller portion came from tax and trade. But its a tricky question cause when all his gold and salt were mined by slaves and traded, its six of one, half dozen of the other.

And Simon and Shulster's Slavery A To Z says this about Mansa Musa " ...he became the richest man in Africa from his gold and salt mines which he used his slaves to work."

Why are you so invested in defending this slaver? I conceed he probably made some money honestly, but I can't prove it. The facts show he got the vast majority of his wealth through forced labor or directly from sales of slaves.

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 63 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:46 am

Regulator wrote:
Didn't you have a bitch fit when someone made fun of your "religion" that worships giant aliens from an old legend? :lol:

Quite the contrary actually, Nac had a bitch fit when I started to make fun of Monotheism and when he demand I stop, I pointed out that Ancient Alien, be they ET's or Bunkerfolk, are my religion. So if he don't want none, he best not start some. :wink:

I would never dream of stifling someone's right to express themselves just because it might hurt my feelings. It's just words, after all.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 am

Food Eater lad wrote:I would say a smaller portion came from tax and trade. But its a tricky question cause when all his gold and salt were mined by slaves and traded, its six of one, half dozen of the other.

And Simon and Shulster's Slavery A To Z says this about Mansa Musa " ...he became the richest man in Africa from his gold and salt mines which he used his slaves to work."

Why are you so invested in defending this slaver? I conceed he probably made some money honestly, but I can't prove it. The facts show he got the vast majority of his wealth through forced labor or directly from sales of slaves.

I'm not interested in defending him actually. It just really bugs me when absolute statements suddenly get thrown at me like you did with me. Had you not started off with using "ALL" in your first post I probably would have dropped this long before now.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:02 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Of course different climates make differences in people, I don't see anyone making the argument at all that that isn't true. The problem comes when the argument shifts to saying that those differences make one type of people more capable of advancing civilization. All I've been pointing out is that history, and all of the different empires and nations that have come and gone over the course of time, pretty much proves that it isn't true.

This miscommunication must be where all the "racist" labels are are coming from. Nobody is saying "once a Summerfolk, always a Summerfolk." Anyone can contribute once they assimilate and become "Winterized" with a well rounded education and access to technology. Newly assimilated Winterfolk may have that "Eye of the Tiger" and could easily out perform more complacent existing Winterfolk.

The only point I'm making is Winter makes people more diplomatic and their technology more advanced. Which is why we don't need to focus on multi-culturalism when we should be focused on assimilation to make sure we give the best and the brightest people the opportunities they need to benefit society the most.
Last edited by The Beast on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 524 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 am

:lol:

There's really only one way to settle this. With game of Civilization 5.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:09 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote::lol:

There's really only one way to settle this. With game of Civilization 5.

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum