Advertisement

So who's getting Obamacare?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

What will you be doing once Obamacare takes effect?

I will be keeping my current plan.
64%
I will be signing up for a new plan under Obamacare.
17%
I will be losing my insurance.
3%
I don't have insurance now and will continue to not have it.
8%
I am a US Senator or major corporation so I am exempt.
8%

Total votes : 36

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 828 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: So who's getting Obamacare?

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm not too worried. For better or worse, capitalism is about done. It's just that time of the cycle of civilization. A hundred years from now, people will marvel that anyone ever thought they could live under such an oppressive system. Just need to wait for the United States to collapse under the weight of its own bloated government and for people to rise up and burn corporations to the ground.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 821 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:33 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I'm not too worried. For better or worse, capitalism is about done. It's just that time of the cycle of civilization. A hundred years from now, people will marvel that anyone ever thought they could live under such an oppressive system. Just need to wait for the United States to collapse under the weight of its own bloated government and for people to rise up and burn corporations to the ground.

Anarchist much?

What we need are alien overlords to come down and rule us. Complete with healthcare.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Anarchist much?

What we need are alien overlords to come down and rule us. Complete with healthcare.

Was Gene Roddenberry an anarchist?

Hab

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 pm

habitual wrote:

Hab

:shock:

You dare to evoke visions of the Federation?! WITH ME?!?!

That's dirty pool chum. I've not really hidden my desire for the world to become that utopia. As unreal as it is.

You know I cannot reply against that.

:lol:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Alien overlords? Cat, there's no need to go so far to find someone with great talent, wit, charm, grace, good looks, and intelligence to rule over all of you peons, I'll be happy to take the job!

I will immediately reform society along certain lines. Blondes, brunettes, redheads, hot busty oiled Asian chicks, and pretty much any hot lady from any country in the world, all lined up to serve me directly. In leather bikinis.

Oh yeah, and the guys can go off and work somewhere else to keep the economy running or something. Whatever.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:37 pm

achilles wrote:Alien overlords? Cat, there's no need to go so far to find someone with great talent, wit, charm, grace, good looks, and intelligence to rule over all of you peons, I'll be happy to take the job!

I will immediately reform society along certain lines. Blondes, brunettes, redheads, hot busty oiled Asian chicks, and pretty much any hot lady from any country in the world, all lined up to serve me directly. In leather bikinis.

Oh yeah, and the guys can go off and work somewhere else to keep the economy running or something. Whatever.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:

It's my new theory of economics. It involves me having all the hot women. And the rest of you having none of them. Also, you all doing all the work for me, since I'll be otherwise occupied with important...matters of state.

I call it babenomics.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:05 pm

achilles wrote:
It's my new theory of economics. It involves me having all the hot women. And the rest of you having none of them. Also, you all doing all the work for me, since I'll be otherwise occupied with important...matters of state.

I call it babenomics.

Sounds like the present situation, except you have no babes.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Sounds like the present situation, except you have no babes.

:smt013

Go ahead, mock me Cat, but when I rise into power, I will graciously gift you with all the world's Rosie O'Donnell types to show you what a good sport I am. I however will keep the supermodels and Playmates.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:15 pm

achilles wrote:

I call it babenomics.

"I come from the Achillian school of economics." - achilles.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 209 posts

Postby Spektre » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:58 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I'm not too worried. For better or worse, capitalism is about done. It's just that time of the cycle of civilization. A hundred years from now, people will marvel that anyone ever thought they could live under such an oppressive system. Just need to wait for the United States to collapse under the weight of its own bloated government and for people to rise up and burn corporations to the ground.

LOL, study some history man...

When governments fall, commerce goes about its business, sometimes enjoying its freedom from regulation. Corporations don't burn to the ground nearly as often as government buildings do.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:59 pm

habitual wrote:

Hab

There are plenty of examples of good ole capitalism in the Star Trek Universe.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:03 pm

achilles wrote:Alien overlords? Cat, there's no need to go so far to find someone with great talent, wit, charm, grace, good looks, and intelligence to rule over all of you peons, I'll be happy to take the job!

Don't be silly. It would follow from liberal theology that it is unfair that some females are better looking than others, and as such get much more sex and better looking men. It follows also then that they should be required to "spread the wealth around". Sex inequity is the defining challenge of our time!
Last edited by Spektre on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 828 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Spektre wrote:
LOL, study some history man...

When governments fall, commerce goes about its business, sometimes enjoying its freedom from regulation. Corporations don't burn to the ground nearly as often as government buildings do.

I have studied history. Whenever wealth disparity reaches critical mass it gets redistributed one way or another, be it a jubilee or a guillotine. I'm just waiting to see which it ends up being. We're definitely at that point.

Though Americans are taught to believe capitalism is the natural order of things, the fact is that usury was considered highly immoral and sometimes illegal for most of history. Now it drives our entire economy, which itself is little more than an organized system of extracting wealth from the poor and giving it to the rich. That can't possibly go on forever.

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:43 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I have studied history. Whenever wealth disparity reaches critical mass it gets redistributed one way or another, be it a jubilee or a guillotine. I'm just waiting to see which it ends up being. We're definitely at that point.

Though Americans are taught to believe capitalism is the natural order of things, the fact is that usury was considered highly immoral and sometimes illegal for most of history. Now it drives our entire economy, which itself is little more than an organized system of extracting wealth from the poor and giving it to the rich. That can't possibly go on forever.

Then you need new history books.

History is replete with empires with much greater wealth disparity that saw no revolution, no people rising up.

It's actually laughable that you think "income disparity" drives revolution. You could make a plausible case for abject poverty, but not income disparity. Revolutions are fought on hungry stomachs, not people longingly looking at someone else's Rolls Royce.

Have you seen America's poor? As a lot, they ain't hungry.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum