Monday, July 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

So who's getting Obamacare?

What will you be doing once Obamacare takes effect?

I will be keeping my current plan.
65%
I will be signing up for a new plan under Obamacare.
16%
I will be losing my insurance.
3%
I don't have insurance now and will continue to not have it.
8%
I am a US Senator or major corporation so I am exempt.
8%
  Total votes : 37

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Will you be sticking with your current health plan or signing up for a new one through Obamacare? Or something else?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:24 pm

I'll be sticking with OHIP. :-D

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 pm

I am a state employee and get insurance for myself and entire family through work for $28/month. And it's excellent insurance that covers things like unlimited physical therapy sessions with no co-pay. It's pretty awesome.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:29 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I am a state employee and get insurance for myself and entire family through work for $28/month. And it's excellent insurance that covers things like unlimited physical therapy sessions with no co-pay. It's pretty awesome.

Does it cover the therapy needed for this place's affects?

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:29 pm

'mericuh!

pastajoe

Fagorstorm

Postby pastajoe » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:46 pm

If you have a plan there's no need to switch. The program is mainly for people who previously weren't offered and/or couldn't afford insurance.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:49 pm

pastajoe wrote:If you have a plan there's no need to switch. The program is mainly for people who previously weren't offered and/or couldn't afford insurance.

I have a decent plan through work, but there is only an employer contribution for me. For my wife and kids, they have to pay the full price. So to insure the whole family through my work insurance is $1300 with no tax credit. Through Obamacare is $1300 with $600 tax credit. But the plan might not be as good for me, and I'm not sure if you can mix and match. BTW, we don't have $1300 each month so the wife and kids are uninsured right now.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:44 pm

pastajoe wrote:If you have a plan there's no need to switch. The program is mainly for people who previously weren't offered and/or couldn't afford insurance.

Except of course that over time all current plans will be forced out of the market. The trend has begun already.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Plan on canceling mine and either going with the wife's or Obamacare.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:57 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I have a decent plan through work, but there is only an employer contribution for me. For my wife and kids, they have to pay the full price. So to insure the whole family through my work insurance is $1300 with no tax credit. Through Obamacare is $1300 with $600 tax credit. But the plan might not be as good for me, and I'm not sure if you can mix and match. BTW, we don't have $1300 each month so the wife and kids are uninsured right now.

You should find out before you sign anything or spend money.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
You should find out before you sign anything or spend money.

I was figuring I'd just randomly choose one and hope for the best. :P

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:49 pm

After the last few years I've had, my insurance has really been nice to have. Course even with it, an ambulance ride still cost me $900.

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 pm

I already had insurance, but my company is offering more options now so I'm going to switch to a Health Savings Account because it's less shitty than paying premiums for the privilege of having a deductible if I ever had to use it for something other than doctor visits.

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Spektre wrote:
Except of course that over time all current plans will be forced out of the market. The trend has begun already.

We can only hope for a single payer system.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:03 am

Regulator wrote:
We can only hope for a single payer system.

Hmm, do you happen to be one of those who "hope" for the zombie apocalypse?

leave a comment with facebook