Monday, September 25, 2017 • Afternoon Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Why do people get pets and then totally ignore them?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:33 pm

MatthewSmith wrote:I know a girl who accidentally killed her pet ferret by washing it in her washing machine. It fell asleep in the laundry basket and she didn't notice.

Does it make me a bad person that I laughed hysterically at this when I heard about it?
i think that's just natural selection at work
and by work, i mean making comedy
User avatar

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Zabardast wrote:The ironic thing is that this roommate admits he beats the dog and takes pride in it. :wink:


Maybe he'd like it if I just showed up out of the blue and kicked his fucking ass.
User avatar

Dugan

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:37 pm

I wanna get a turtle, i reckon they're easy in terms of upkeep.
User avatar

UnknownEric

dINGO

Postby UnknownEric » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:I wanna get a turtle, i reckon they're easy in terms of upkeep.

Actually, turtles are a bit of a pain in the ass. Gotta feed 'em live shit. I watched a friend's turtle while he was on vacation once. Killed my desire to ever own one of my own.
User avatar

Allen

Staff Writer

Postby Allen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Timberoo wrote:Maybe he'd like it if I just showed up out of the blue and kicked his fucking ass.


I might like it if you did that.
User avatar

MatthewSmith

Paragon of Virtue

Postby MatthewSmith » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

barrylincoln wrote:i think that's just natural selection at work
and by work, i mean making comedy


My questions was, at that point, do you bury it wet, or go ahead and put it in the dryer?
User avatar

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Just take the dog to the shelter. Sounds like they wouldn't notice if it was gone. No matter what, it's neglected and needs out of there.

Zab

Postby Zab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:I wanna get a turtle, i reckon they're easy in terms of upkeep.


We actually have a turtle. Besides cleaning out the tank every once and a while, they are very easy to take care of. Not much a pet, though. Barely even notice it.
User avatar

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

MatthewSmith wrote:My questions was, at that point, do you bury it wet, or go ahead and put it in the dryer?
microwave
User avatar

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:Just take the dog to the shelter. Sounds like they wouldn't notice if it was gone. No matter what, it's neglected and needs out of there.
it will surely appreciate being put-down

Zab

Postby Zab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 pm

UnknownEric wrote:Actually, turtles are a bit of a pain in the ass. Gotta feed 'em live shit. I watched a friend's turtle while he was on vacation once. Killed my desire to ever own one of my own.

Really? We just feed our turtle some reptile feed. Floating sticks.

I know you have to feed iguanas live food, though.
User avatar

Dugan

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:46 pm

UnknownEric wrote:Actually, turtles are a bit of a pain in the ass. Gotta feed 'em live shit. I watched a friend's turtle while he was on vacation once. Killed my desire to ever own one of my own.


Zabardast wrote:We actually have a turtle. Besides cleaning out the tank every once and a while, they are very easy to take care of. Not much a pet, though. Barely even notice it.


Now i'm conflicted :?
User avatar

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:46 pm

UnknownEric wrote:Actually, turtles are a bit of a pain in the ass. Gotta feed 'em live shit. I watched a friend's turtle while he was on vacation once. Killed my desire to ever own one of my own.
the big ones just eat pizza

Zab

Postby Zab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:Now i'm conflicted :?


Probably depends on what kind of turtle you get?

But like I said, they are about as exciting as watching paint dry.
User avatar

UnknownEric

dINGO

Postby UnknownEric » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Zabardast wrote:Probably depends on what kind of turtle you get?

Probably. I just followed my friend's instructions, so it could just be that he was crazy. :-D

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Fysh, Glacier16, McMonkey Nut, Sarahroo and 28 guests