Friday, September 22, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Why do people get pets and then totally ignore them?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zab

Postby Zab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:10 pm

My roommate and his girlfriend got a dog a few weeks ago and they are totally neglecting it. They haven't been feeding it, they don't take it outside and it pretty much stays caged all day. I do what I can but it's not my dog, if I wanted to take care of it, I would have got a dog!

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:14 pm

a lot of people are short-sighted and don't realize there are responsibilities that come with the pet. they just think it's cute or cool to have a dog and don't realize they also need to pick up poop.

Wiki-Snake

cheese

Postby Wiki-Snake » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Just wait until they have a kid.

He'll grow up well adjusted.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Where do you live? Is their a humane society you can report the neglect to? Is the dog in bad health? Can you see it's ribs?

UnknownEric

dINGO

Postby UnknownEric » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Cats refuse to be ignored. One of mine climbs up on the refrigerator and smacks me in the head until I feed him.

Zab

Postby Zab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:21 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Where do you live? Is their a humane society you can report the neglect to? Is the dog in bad health? Can you see it's ribs?

Grand Rapids.

No, I can't see ribs.

My other roommate put a paper on the fridge saying "someone" needs to buy it food. The ironic thing is that this roommate admits he beats the dog and takes pride in it. :wink:

Allen

Staff Writer

Postby Allen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Zabardast wrote:My roommate and his girlfriend got a dog a few weeks ago and they are totally neglecting it. They haven't been feeding it, they don't take it outside and it pretty much stays caged all day. I do what I can but it's not my dog, if I wanted to take care of it, I would have got a dog!

Your roommate sucks.

Seriously.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 pm

People like the idea of pets and not the reality.

I would be willing to bet that this is the first pet they've had as adults.

When you are a kid, your parents take care of all the hard work, or at least tell you to do things. However when you are the adult, you have to actually do these things and most folks don't think about that when they buy the animal, then they ignore it and expect someone else to take care of it for them.

Zab

Postby Zab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Maybe they should have got a cat. They are easier to take care of.

Jess Nukem

cheese

Postby Jess Nukem » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Zabardast wrote:Grand Rapids.

No, I can't see ribs.

My other roommate put a paper on the fridge saying "someone" needs to buy it food. The ironic thing is that this roommate admits he beats the dog and takes pride in it. :wink:
your roomate is a sicko. You should report him to the authorities and get that pooch over to a shelter or someone who will give it a good home.

There are two kinds of evils in the world, people who do it, and people who watch it being done and do nothing about it. :(

MatthewSmith

Paragon of Virtue

Postby MatthewSmith » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:27 pm

I know a girl who accidentally killed her pet ferret by washing it in her washing machine. It fell asleep in the laundry basket and she didn't notice.

Does it make me a bad person that I laughed hysterically at this when I heard about it?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Zabardast wrote:Grand Rapids.

No, I can't see ribs.

You need to contact the Humane Society

Zab

Postby Zab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Jess Nukem wrote:your roomate is a sicko. You should report him to the authorities and get that pooch over to a shelter or someone who will give it a good home.

There are two kinds of evils in the world, people who do it, and people who watch it being done and do nothing about it. :(

I've never seen him do it, but you're right, I haven't done $hit. Just posted a thread about it. I don't think it really needs to go to the authorities but I need to talk to these guys and tell them they need to take care of this dog better or give it up.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Zabardast wrote:I've never seen him do it, but you're right, I haven't done $hit. Just posted a thread about it. I don't think it really needs to go to the authorities but I need to talk to these guys and tell them they need to take care of this dog better or give it up.

This is the right response.

Allen

Staff Writer

Postby Allen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Zabardast wrote:I've never seen him do it, but you're right, I haven't done $hit. Just posted a thread about it. I don't think it really needs to go to the authorities but I need to talk to these guys and tell them they need to take care of this dog better or give it up.

And then go to the authorities if nothing changes.

leave a comment with facebook