Advertisement

Will DC ever catch Marvel?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:52 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:See, that right there is one of my problems with Marvel

Seriously? Catwoman just tied-in with Amazon's Attack, Countdown, and Salvation's Run. Action Comics was all over Countdown. JLA was all over Salvation's Run. Teen Titans was all over Amazon's Attack, and most recently has been involved in Final Crisis.

That's not just a Marvel thing.

Advertisement

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:20 am

C20Percent wrote:Seriously? Catwoman just tied-in with Amazon's Attack, Countdown, and Salvation's Run. Action Comics was all over Countdown. JLA was all over Salvation's Run. Teen Titans was all over Amazon's Attack, and most recently has been involved in Final Crisis.

That's not just a Marvel thing.

With the exception of Justice League, I wasn't reading any of those books at the time. And with Justice League it didn't really hinder my ability to follow or enjoy the story.

I'm not saying both companies don't do the same thing, it just happens that nearly all of the Marvel books I read have been sucked into crossovers in Civil War, World War Hulk and now Secret Invasion. It's like an interruption.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:45 am

As well as Capt Britain and Nova (which are awesome) I also reccomend Invincible Iron Man, Thor and Daredevil if you want standalone Marvel comics which kick ass.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:45 am

Runawaaaaaaays!

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:58 am

Zero wrote:Runawaaaaaaays!

If you are talking the stories by BKV I agree. The Whedon stuff took so long to get out it was terrible. Maybe it'll read better in one sitting, but overall it was kind of crap. The art was nice though. I am excited for the relaunch in September or whatever. Hopefully this and Young Avengers can get on track and get treated the way they deserve.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:59 am

MoneyMelon wrote:I read Guardians of the Galaxy

I'm just annoyed that it's going to crossover into Secret Invasion.

Apparently the crossover deals with Knowhere and doesn't involve them going to Earth.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:If you are talking the stories by BKV I agree. The Whedon stuff took so long to get out it was terrible. Maybe it'll read better in one sitting, but overall it was kind of crap. The art was nice though. I am excited for the relaunch in September or whatever. Hopefully this and Young Avengers can get on track and get treated the way they deserve.

It's done now, and I haven't read the last three issues yet. I'm not really looking forward to them though because I think the art's awful. It has no character to it whatsoever and the sooner I gets me some Ramos the better.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:18 am

Zero wrote:It's done now, and I haven't read the last three issues yet. I'm not really looking forward to them though because I think the art's awful. It has no character to it whatsoever and the sooner I gets me some Ramos the better.

I thought the art was solid, but the voices of the characters were wrong. I also think all the crap with the kid that's married was stupid and the majority of it was heavy handed, Maybe it'll read good in one sitting, but it felt kind of like the second half of Whedon's run on Astonishing. Like he had moved on and was just finishing because he had to and he was doing it in his spare time from working on Angel, Buffy, and his new TV show. His first couple issues with them in New York were good, but once they went back in time I felt it went to hell.

I do think that Ramos will be awesome on the art and I just hope we can get some good stories that come out on time. 8 months for 3 or 4 issues is ridiculous.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:26 am

DaReekstah wrote:You should give those other ones I listed a shot.

Cap Britain & MI13 just started, and two issues in it's fantastic.

Captain Britain. Pete Wisdom. Skrulls. Otherworld. Magic.

What more can you ask?

And Nova and the Guardians of the Galaxy are two awesome cosmic books spinning out of the Annihilations.. I effin' LOVE Nova, and the other is very strong as well.

well, i don't like Pete Wisdom, i don't give a flying fuck about Otherworld, and i'm already long past burnt-out on Skrulls. no thanks.

and while i hold up Annihilation as one of the single best events i've ever read, i couldn't get into Nova's solo title. gave it 3 issues, didn't care either way, and then dropped it as Conquest came along and tied in. haven't read Conquest, and as such didn't care to start GotG. mainly, i just don't care enough about Marvel's current status quo to want to try ANY new books, especially now that i'm having the additional expenditures of diapers, formula, and soon-forthcoming daycare. :(
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum