Advertisement

So.... Will Iron Man 3 break the curse?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 375 posts
Formerly: AMS

Re: So.... Will Iron Man 3 break the curse?

Postby Rockman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Victorian Squid

Christopher Nolan is plain overrated.

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 260 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:You guys need to stop drinking the koolaid... DKR was just plain awful... the villians plan was the dumbest most contrived thing I have ever seen, the whole Talia thing was just effing stupid.

Not-Robin was lame, and projected a mile off.

And the ending.... christ.... the ending was just dumb.

Nothing in the movie made any sense....

Hell the bat plane was even dumber than the bat pod... I mean it takes some real effort to design a motorcycle that rolls its front wheels over its guns every time it turns or stops.... but they managed to create an propeller lifted aircraft with all the weight firmly in front, so that when the engine started up all it would do was flip forward and spin around upside down.

And I never knew severe spinal injuries could be healed by a couple of punches and being hung from a meat hook in a filthy dungeon for a year...

And really, the biggest flaw of the film... a Batman film where batman is only in like ten minutes of the whole movie, and every time he shows up he gets his ass kicked. The rest of the time Bruce Wayne is trying to out-emo Spiderman 3.

I dunno, maybe you guys saw a different movie than I did.

I do agree that TDKR had its flaws but I wouldn't say it outright sucked unlike Spiderman 3, X-Men 3, Blade 3 and so on. The only gripes I have ever had with it was that stupid Talia-as-the-real-mastermind revelation as nobody gave a shit about the movie incarnation of her and the way that Bane went out. Although there were some things that could have been better it was a decent film( Way better than the shitty Schmuchaer versions that should never be mentioned in discussion).

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Rockman wrote:Victorian Squid

This is why you are the butt of many jokes.

:smt011

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:They just couldn't resist doing the Uncle Ben routine again, it was clearly made for tweens who'd somehow missed the Macguire movies on cable tv. Otherwise, why bother with the origin yet again?

Agreed here. The way Raimi did Uncle Ben's murder by Carradine the Burgler was better than Marc Webb's weak interpretation. At least in the first one, you can sympathize with Peter in allowing Carradine to escape after that douchebag promoter screwed him over after the fight he won. At least Peter didn't directly know what his actions would have led to with Uncle Ben being killed by said guy. However, I couldn't sympathize with Peter acting like a dick over not having enough cents to pay for a drink at the store by that owner and allowing Carradine to escape after sticking that guy up. If Peter hadn't acted like a brat by walking out on the streets after Uncle Ben called him out for being irresponsible, Uncle Ben wouldn't have had to go out on the streets to look for him only to be killed by Carradine. Also, I don't see the point of dragging out the capture of Carradine over 1 film when Peter should have caught him already by the end of the film.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:47 pm

It's people like you Chris you act like everything he touches is gold, and get somehow personally offended if someone doesn't feel the same way about his movies as you do.

Sorry Christopher Nolan is the most overrated director working today. And it's because of people like you.
Last edited by Rockman on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Chris wrote:Snaggletooth was one of the worst parts of the Raimi Spidey movies.

She really was a really plain Jane version of the character. Not really ugly, I wouldn't say, but not anything special either.. but mostly just a mopey wreck. There really wasn't anything "Mary Jane-ish" about her at all in the movies. She was a waste of a character and a plotline.

I think that Bryce Dallas Howard who played Gwen in the 3rd one should have been cast as MJ instead, seeing as how she looks way better and is a natural redhead.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:54 pm

I think it's funny when to complain about Mary Jane not being like her comic counterpart, and to be perfectly fine that Peter isn't like his comic counter part.

But hey maybe he was always a smart, attractive, affable, athletic and funny guy who bravely stood up to Flash as he was bullying that one kid before he got the spider-bite.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Rockman wrote:Victorian Squid

Here's my limited view of his films so far:

2011 The Dark Knight Rises HATED IT!
2010 Inception BORED BY. BUT PEOPLE SAY IT'S GREAT SO I MAY TRY IT AGAIN.
2008 The Dark Knight AGAIN, IT WAS OKAY. BUT I WAS STUNNED BY THE RAVE REVIEWS.
2006 The Prestige I REMEMBER I SAW IT RIGHT AFTER A FRIEND PASSED AWAY, DON'T EVEN REMEMBER IT.
2005 Batman Begins IT WAS OKAY
2002 Insomnia SAW IT RECENTLY, PRETTY GOOD
2000 Memento LIKED IT!
1998 Following LIKED IT!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Memento and Prestige are ones I really liked.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Rockman wrote:It's people like you Chris you act like everything he touches is gold, and get somehow personally offended if someone doesn't feel the same way about his movies as you do.

Sorry Christopher Nolan is the most overrated director working today. And it's because of people like you.

You wound me, shady. :smt011

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:09 pm

I just wanted to say, Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver is pretty good for a threequel.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Rockman wrote:I think it's funny when to complain about Mary Jane not being like her comic counterpart, and to be perfectly fine that Peter isn't like his comic counter part.

But hey maybe he was always a smart, attractive, affable, athletic and funny guy who bravely stood up to Flash as he was bullying that one kid before he got the spider-bite.

It's not just that but Bryce Dallas Howard is way more interesting and compelling than Kristen Dunst as an actress. At least with Maguire and Garfield you can imagine them as Peter for the most part when you look at them.

Toadfish
Tip Top Dancer

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Toadfish » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 pm

draco x wrote:
Agreed here. The way Raimi did Uncle Ben's murder by Carradine the Burgler was better than Marc Webb's weak interpretation. At least in the first one, you can sympathize with Peter in allowing Carradine to escape after that douchebag promoter screwed him over after the fight he won. At least Peter didn't directly know what his actions would have led to with Uncle Ben being killed by said guy. However, I couldn't sympathize with Peter acting like a dick over not having enough cents to pay for a drink at the store by that owner and allowing Carradine to escape after sticking that guy up. If Peter hadn't acted like a brat by walking out on the streets after Uncle Ben called him out for being irresponsible, Uncle Ben wouldn't have had to go out on the streets to look for him only to be killed by Carradine. Also, I don't see the point of dragging out the capture of Carradine over 1 film when Peter should have caught him already by the end of the film.
Because they intend to use him as a villain in later movies. Duh.

Also, I think you kinda missed the point. If you can sympathise with the character in what is supposed to be his major moral failing, then the guilt thats supposed to come from that failure doesn't follow through - if he was acting like he should have, then it doesn't become his fault alone.

Rockman wrote:
Didn't he just steal the webbing idea from Oscorp?
Not the idea to actually use it like he does. Oscorp could only think to use it as a standard alternative to steel cable. Peter figured out the stuffs amazing adhesive properties, as well as how to deploy it with little recoil from an easily concealable device. So, like I said, he built the webshooters from scratch.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Rockman wrote:It's people like you Chris you act like everything he touches is gold, and get somehow personally offended if someone doesn't feel the same way about his movies as you do.

I don't think you're talking to the right person when it comes to being personally offended in this thread. Mention that you think Amazing Spider-man sucks and watch what happens!

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 35 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Rockman wrote:

Amen.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum