Monday, December 5, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Windows Media Player question.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 am

Let's say I have a video file called "12-25-83 - WCCW Star Wars" and I have given it that file name. When I play it in WMP, it says something like "WCCW.Star.Wars.12.25.83" instead of the file name I've given it. How do I fix that?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:10 am

syxxpakk wrote:Let's say I have a video file called "12-25-83 - WCCW Star Wars" and I have given it that file name. When I play it in WMP, it says something like "WCCW.Star.Wars.12.25.83" instead of the file name I've given it. How do I fix that?

I haven't used it in years but you should be able to edit the metadata in the program or in the properties. Try right-clicking and edit file info or something like that.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:15 am

Negative.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:17 am

HOWEVER.

Thanks to you and Google, I have found a solution.

Thanks, hoss.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:34 am

I see you found the solution, but I would recommend that you look up XBMC and read up on it a little bit. It's what I use on my HTPC and also on the old laptop I just gave the kids. It's cross-platform, and allows you to manage, sort, search, and play your media library in a nice interface designed for televisions, including using a remote control or game controller to navigate it if you want.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:39 am

And probably causes you hours of frustration because Jude likes it that way.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:43 am

Keb wrote:And probably causes you hours of frustration because Jude likes it that way.

I am obsessed (obsessed!!!) with organizing collections, and I find it to be a very useful tool that reduces frustration. Not sure where Syxx stands on the need to organize, but I imagine his wrestling video collection to be quite extensive, and therefore good fodder for a library management program. :P

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 am

Also, using a Microsoft program by choice rather than as a last resort is the sort of thing I don't believe anyone does. :P

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 am

It has more to do with how it shows up on my X-box than anything.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 am

I would like to reiterate, Keb, THANK YOU :-D

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 am

:? You're welcome. Are you being sarcastic?

If I wasn't posting that response from my tablet, I would have checked it out in WMP.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 am

No sarcasm at all. Can't stress enough how annoying as shit it is to organize everything in a specific order then the X-Box refuse to recognize said order. Now I've got it working perfectly.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 am

It was your talk of metadata that led to me finding the solution, BTW.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:29 am

Although in retrospect, your suggestion is what I used after all. I kept trying to edit the properties in Windows Explorer instead of WMP, which was dumb of me. Look all that matters is everything is in order on my X-Box finally :-D

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:38 am

That's good. I used to use WMP on my old PC because it was one of those Media Center thingies and I found that editing the metadata/file info in WMP was the best way to sort and order my music.

leave a comment with facebook