Tuesday, April 24, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Worst word on the internet?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Popeye McFly

dINGO

Postby Popeye McFly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:37 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:Besides the obvious hateful slurs, what is the worst word on the internet to come across? Is it "moist?" What about "technically," the word that inspired this word? Or maybe a word like "awesome" or "irony" which no one seems to use correctly?

Also, to make this perfectly clear, abbreviations and phrases don't count.

Reboot

oogy

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby oogy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:53 am

alijafferythehunk wrote:

This could almost be ARPy Brown's theme song.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:57 am

oogy wrote:This could almost be ARPy Brown's theme song.

This was the #1 song on the charts when I was born so I am going to veto that and put forward this:

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:36 pm

arp is the worst.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:38 pm

"Utterly" is overused by "nerd" types, for some reason, and never appears in anything well written that i can recall

alijafferythehunk

cheese

Postby alijafferythehunk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:49 pm

dairydead wrote:"Utterly" is overused by "nerd" types, for some reason, and never appears in anything well written that i can recall

I got some smutty cow novellas that will change your mind, dairy

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:39 pm

:lol:

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 am

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... f?hl=en-US

rustyrusty

Garbage Collector

Postby rustyrusty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 am

Jack Charlemagne wrote:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/millennials-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf?hl=en-US

Hahahaha.. brilliant.

rustyrusty

Garbage Collector

Postby rustyrusty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 am

VINYLS

I hate this because it's inaccurate and makes people sound like dicks. Vinyl without the 'S' is both the singular and plural term for records and has been since I can remember (I'm 41, always bought records and am the son of a record collector so spent my formative years standing in record shops). Maybe 2012 or so I started hearing the term 'vinyls', mostly by people who hadn't really come in contact with records before, and it's spread since then. The most annoying thing is that I hear people of my age and older using the term now. It makes me want to hit things. I've taken to calling records 'LPs' again (or 45s, if they're singles).

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:50 am

'Cancer'

When people used it like it's some fucken hip word use, especially when it's used in any context that isn't dealing with an actual disease.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:37 am

OneWhoIsAll wrote:'Cancer'

When people used it like it's some fucken hip word use, especially when it's used in any context that isn't dealing with an actual disease.

I feel precisely the same about "hacking". Used in any context other than breaking into an electronic system file, and I want to grab the user by their fauxhawk and challenge them to life-hack their head out of the toilet I'm gonna shove it into.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:43 am

rustyrusty wrote:VINYLS

I hate this because it's inaccurate and makes people sound like dicks. Vinyl without the 'S' is both the singular and plural term for records and has been since I can remember (I'm 41, always bought records and am the son of a record collector so spent my formative years standing in record shops). Maybe 2012 or so I started hearing the term 'vinyls', mostly by people who hadn't really come in contact with records before, and it's spread since then. The most annoying thing is that I hear people of my age and older using the term now. It makes me want to hit things. I've taken to calling records 'LPs' again (or 45s, if they're singles).

I used to make this mistake myself, and I actually owned some vinyls. Ken Eppstein very graciously schooled me on proper connotation though, and so I have been using LP for all of it. I used to run a website with LP as its initials, so it was just too natural for me to fallback on that.

(My pride was a cherry original release of LA Woman, which my older sister accidentally destroyed by displaying it on an active radiator for some weeks. I still cry.)

rustyrusty

Garbage Collector

Postby rustyrusty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
I used to make this mistake myself, and I actually owned some vinyls. Ken Eppstein very graciously schooled me on proper connotation though, and so I have been using LP for all of it. I used to run a website with LP as its initials, so it was just too natural for me to fallback on that.

(My pride was a cherry original release of LA Woman, which my older sister accidentally destroyed by displaying it on an active radiator for some weeks. I still cry.)

I had my record player by the window for a while about 20 years ago and the sun melted a record. I still have it, barely plays at all, not the sort of warp you can fix. So I feel ya.

rustyrusty

Garbage Collector

Postby rustyrusty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
I feel precisely the same about "hacking". Used in any context other than breaking into an electronic system file, and I want to grab the user by their fauxhawk and challenge them to life-hack their head out of the toilet I'm gonna shove it into.

Oh my God, yes.

leave a comment with facebook