Wednesday, November 14, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Wow that's a pretty big quake/storm

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm

zryson wrote:
Thousands are without power, so without water they wont be able to flush the toilet paper. Perhaps Trump will autograph the rolls instead and in generations to come, people will huddle around a campfire and tell the tale of how a great man came with armfuls of toilet paper and handed them out to the masses.

Actually, toilets will work fine without power. You probably won't want to drink any water from your sink, but hell, you can flush with it. Assuming you still have a house left.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:56 am

Test. Can I post now? Also, my neighborhood was without power yesterday, and my toilets still worked..

Weird weather the past few days, a lightning and thunderstorm that no one predicted, with wild lightning, lighting up the clouds without actually seeing the lightning bolts themselves from where I was, and nasty Santa Ana winds that killed some poor woman just down the road a few blocks when a giant tree fell on her car. Power was out the whole day, but the ice in my freezer was still frozen at the end...not bad.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Well, they think that the eruption of Vesuvius that destroyed Pompeii was dated wrong, that it wasn't August 24, 79 AD, but that it happened on October 24, 79 AD, based on some graffiti they found, as well as seasonal fruits that would have come in the fall. Which new date as it happens, is my birthday, giving the world another huge disaster that happened on that day! 8)

They believe the most likely date for the eruption was, in fact, 24 October.

I now need to visit Hawaii...all the volcanoes on all the islands, just to see what happens...

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 pm

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Anak Krakatau has erupted again.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Anak Krakatau has put on another spectacular show

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:28 am

Disasters have ruined the lives of millions of people and once again, this past week California is facing apocalyptic scenes as a wildfire (or bushfire, as they are called in other parts of the world) that has left several people dead (some who tried to flee the flames in their cars and got trapped) and caused the evacuations of thousands more. Some clips showing the devastation as once again, people are left to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives and start over...

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 am

As part of the tragedy, nearly ALL of the Kardashians have been forced out of their homes! :shock:

Poor people of Thousand Oaks, the day before, that mass shooting at the bar, then, literally a day later, the fire. The same teen center was used by the same local reporter as a backdrop for her live shot, first one day for a line of folks stretching around the block to donate blood, then the next day as an evacuation center for people forced out of their homes by the fire. I've been through it before, (this one's well to the north of me), and I can remember one time in particular where I was up on my roof with a garden hose, wetting it down as ash fell all around me, and neighbors were up on their roofs, doing the same. And several times I packed the car, making it ready to run away, just like these people must have done.

Part and parcel of living here, as California is basically a desert we've made habitable for large numbers of people.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:55 am

OMG, more fire victims! :shock: Martin Sheen, Lady Gaga, Orlando Bloom, Alyssa Milano... :shock:

That has to be the greatest tragedy of all in this fire! Okay, AFAIK, none of them lost their homes, but they were all forced out of them. And Charlie was taking to Twitter to....ramble incoherently like her always does, but the gist of it was that despite all that Adonis DNA and tiger blood, he was worried about his old man and mom, and wanted to know if they were all right. Spoiler:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
They are! But they spent the night in their car.

Thankfully, the fire started at the old Rocketdyne site, and there's NO chance, NO chance at ALL of any of the smoke being contaminated by any toxic materials, as we all know that they cleaned that place up when they tore it down. Well, they probably did. Or at least they gave it some serious thought. For at least a few seconds before moving on to something else.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:48 am

The death toll has risen to 45 in California and 200 people are still missing (though some may be in shelters or staying at hotels/motels.) Over 6000 homes have burned down and the fires are still raging out of control.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:51 pm

What was once a thriving community has been reduced to rubble, ash and death

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Well, at least some first responders got a Guy Fieri meal out of it. That was a nice thing for him to do.

leave a comment with facebook