Advertisement

XBox Next Gen Reveal

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: XBox Next Gen Reveal

Postby Frag » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:32 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Good IGN Poster PS4 Troll impersonation.

It's fact though.

It's like people don't learn their lesson. I personally don't understand how people would give MS the benefit of the doubt after going through 3-4 systems. :smt102

What happened with the 360 was a disaster yet people still defended that system to the death.

I had both. Got rid of my 360 though because I stopped playing it.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Advertisement

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Pfft Intellivision still beats them all. It was a 16 bit system folks!!!
I'm off to play some Lock ' N' Chase, Night Ranger, Astrosmash and my favourite, Shark Shark

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:50 pm

holtom2000 wrote:Pfft Intellivision still beats them all. It was a 16 bit system folks!!!
I'm off to play some Lock ' N' Chase, Night Ranger, Astrosmash and my favourite, Shark Shark

My uncle had an intellivision I always played poker and baseball. . .
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:12 pm

holtom2000 wrote: and my favourite, Shark Shark

Tell me more...

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm

basically you eat smaller fish and bite the shark's tail!

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:44 pm

And here's baseball - which if you think it looks lame, consider how crappy the Atari version was at the time... this, hockey, football, tennis, horse racing, etc., were freakin awesome.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 pm

DandD and Poker and Blackjack!

Dealer looks decidedly NON trusthworthy

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 127 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 pm

I reserved my X-Box One yesterday at work. I got the last one. I was told that all 10 that our store got 8 were reserved by employees. I just wish I got a discount on new electronics. Thank god for all the store credit I have built up from selling off pieces of my comic collection. It shouldn't cost me more then 200$. Can't wait.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

GiveWarAChance
penile prisoner

Liked in: 611 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:39 pm

I cancelled my pre-order for the Xbox One. I'll wait until next year to pick one up. I was just planning on getting Battlefield 4 and Lego Marvel anyways. I can play both of those on my 360 right now.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm

holtom2000 wrote:DandD and Poker and Blackjack!

Dealer looks decidedly NON trusthworthy

Man, I loved my Intellevision. :lol:

When my cousins would come over, we would all play Advanced D&D together. I don't even know how that worked anymore since it was a one player game but I remember that it was one guy's responsibility to count arrow clicks.

I also remember playing Poker and Blackjack with my parents. And skiing. And baseball. Hell, a lot of games. My parents actually played games. I still think that's amazing since they never touched the NES or SNES when I bought them.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:03 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
It's fact though.

It's like people don't learn their lesson. I personally don't understand how people would give MS the benefit of the doubt after going through 3-4 systems. :smt102

What happened with the 360 was a disaster yet people still defended that system to the death.

I would have hated the 360 if it had red ringed. The reason I didn't buy the PS3 is because I had two separate PS2's that both gave constant disc read errors and would simply not work. If I had gotten a red ring with the XBox, it would have been enough for me to skip a generation. I don't forgive that stuff lightly.

But I bought mine after the problem was fixed. Still, it's something I remembered and one of the reasons I hate early adopting of new consoles. You never know what glitches are going to show up until everyone's already bought the system.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:20 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I cancelled my pre-order for the Xbox One. I'll wait until next year to pick one up. I was just planning on getting Battlefield 4 and Lego Marvel anyways. I can play both of those on my 360 right now.

It won't have the infinite power of the cloud (tm)

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:41 am

holtom2000 wrote:

basically you eat smaller fish and bite the shark's tail!

WHAT?

This is madness! A game about a shark, and the shark isn't the main "character"?

No wonder I never heard of this game! The designer was clearly never punched enough as a child. I will build a time machine to remedy this oversight.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:01 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
It's fact though.

I've never cared one way or the other for either company. I stopped giving a shit about Playstation way back when Resident Evil: Code veronica left that system to become exclusive to Dreamcast. Sony finally got RE:CV back eventually, but it was too late for me to give a shit. I got out of console gaming entirely until Knights of the Old Republic dropped exclusive to PC and Xbox. That's the only reason I picked the system up. I ended up liking Halo, which was also exclusive, and I suddenly realized, the system itself mattered less than the games that interested me.

Microsoft had the titles and as long as they did, they had my loyalty. I never suffered the RRoD, so that was never an issue for me. I liked the fact that PS3 had a built-in blu-ray, and that it was generally a more powerful system than the 360, but the price point was a major obstacle. And the exclusive titles it had just never appealed to me.

Nowadays, the games I give a shit about are multi-platform. Mass Effect, Skyrim, The Witcher series. And I just don't care much for all this extra shit XBox One has. And shit, I just can't separate rumor from reality at this point.

Right now, the only franchise that really appeals to me is the Witcher. I'm done with Halo, and Mass Effect 4 is also likely to be multi-platform. If I'm gonna spend the bones for another console, at this point, it's probably gonna be PS4. I just don't give a shit about console snobbery. From what I've heard, it seems like the price point will be slightly more digestible with PS4, and it will have the games I care about.

But let's be real; both companies have had their scandals. With MS, it was RRoD. With Sony, it was that major security issue that plagued the company for months. We can't castigate the one without at least acknowledging the other.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 am

The PS4 security issue was a big deal, but it happened late in the system's life. The RRoD started on Day 1 and continued for something like 3 years.

I don't understand why anyone would buy an XBone on Day 1 after that, especially with the things you mentioned like price.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum