Advertisement

Do you believe in...?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:24 am

I definitely believe that there is like on other planets. As Lord Simian pointed out, statistically, it's probable.

As for ghosts, well, I'm a skeptic. I've never had any personal experiences with them. And Thunderstorm, your story spooked me out so much.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:28 am

As far as ghosts go.. I have a theory on that. Since I don't necessarily believe in an after-life, but at the same time, there are far too many stories out there about ghosts and hauntings for me to just disregard...

What if ghosts aren't dead people? What if it's just another dimension, directly on top of ours, that is seeping through every now and then, but not fully? This is pretty much in-line with my previous post about there being far too much out there in the universe that we just can't yet comprehend.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:39 am

DaReekstah wrote:As far as ghosts go.. I have a theory on that. Since I don't necessarily believe in an after-life, but at the same time, there are far too many stories out there about ghosts and hauntings for me to just disregard...

What if ghosts aren't dead people? What if it's just another dimension, directly on top of ours, that is seeping through every now and then, but not fully? This is pretty much in-line with my previous post about there being far too much out there in the universe that we just can't yet comprehend.

That's an interesting theory and certainly possible. It's certainly as plausible as any other. Like you said previously, there's so much we don't know about the universe. I'm skeptical of ghosts but I tend to lean towards their existence than against it. A story like Thunderstorms, as does Carrie's, helps my belief in them.

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:56 am

Thunderstorm, that's one of the scariest stories I've ever seen told.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:31 am

I know Keith watches Ghost Hunters, but does anyone else watch it? Or Paranormal State?

Jeff
Post Whore

Postby Jeff » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:00 am

Carrie wrote:True story-

I have a friend who grew up in the suburbs of Memphis in an old farm house. For months they had things that would either be moved from where they put them or had disappeared completely. One day her mom went to take a shower, took her towel from a hook on the back of the door and laid it on the counter beside the tub. When she went to get out, it was gone. She looked and it was hanging back on the hook. She called out to my friend that their friend was back to which my friend replied that maybe it was a ghost. As she was walking out of the bathroom, her mom said "Well I wonder what his name is?" When she went back in the bathroom a few minutes later (keep in mind, they are the only two home), the name "JIM" was written in the steam on the mirror.
That's a fantastic story.
The poster formerly known as Kiwiboy

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:15 am

DaReekstah wrote:What are ley lines?

Essentially they're big ol' invisible lines that join up many ancient (and in some cases modern) monuments. Some people say it's coincindental or can be put down to astronomy, but personally I think there's much more to it than that. The wiki article is actually pretty good on them.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 606 posts
Title: not here

Re: Do you believe in...?

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:07 am

GLX wrote:"Tricks are what a whore does for money."
Hey! Not around the children!

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:19 pm

Carrie wrote:I know Keith watches Ghost Hunters, but does anyone else watch it? Or Paranormal State?

I watch GH from time to time, yeah...

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I watch GH from time to time, yeah...

Paranormal State is actually better. :)

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Carrie wrote:Paranormal State is actually better. :)

I've never heard of that one, actually....

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---

--Lex Luthor

Jeff
Post Whore

Postby Jeff » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:06 am

I have some sympathy for belief in ghosts etc, but what do you all think of career mediums like John Edwards? Sometimes they make me angry...

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:31 am

Jeff wrote:I have some sympathy for belief in ghosts etc, but what do you all think of career mediums like John Edwards? Sometimes they make me angry...

By "career medium", do you by chance mean "cold reader"?

South Park was right about Edwards, totally.

--Lex Luthor

Jeff
Post Whore

Postby Jeff » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:35 am

Lord Simian wrote:By "career medium", do you by chance mean "cold reader"?

South Park was right about Edwards, totally.
Yeah, pretty much. I'd forgotten about that South Park episode, it was sweet.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:37 am

I may have told you all this story before, not sure, but true story. About three months after my mother passed away (I was 20 at the time), I woke up in the middle of the night to find her sitting in my chair at the end of the bed.

I sat up against the head board and started crying. She told me I was going to be fine and my life was going to turn out to be better than I thought it would. She told me she loved me, and then she was just gone.

It was weird since after she had vanished I was sitting up thinking that I must have imagined the entire thing, but her perfume was in my room, and it lingered there for an awefully long time.

I know I've told this story to many friends and co-workers and they all smile and say things like, "Possibly." or that condescending, "All that matters is that you believe it."

But I know it happened. I was never weirded out by it, though.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum