Monday, July 16, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

You know the scariest thing about this election...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 pm

I'm sure that leaves an opening for a great many jokes, but anyways...

I have come across a lot of people and I'm not talking back woods ignorant people, just everyday folks and friends and family even that honestly believe Obama is the antichrist and/or "muslim".

First off the muslim thing, we've all seen enough about that I'm sure; but even if he was muslim. For america, the land of free religion, to have people say someone is of a certain religion and it is enough to hurt their reputation; I think that is more un-patriotic than almost anything else I've seen being thrown about in this eleciton.

And the antichrist? Really? I can't believe people this stupid are allowed to vote. I'm not even going to argue about that.

I love arguing with Milton and Rob and whoever about actual policies, but this crap is just disgusting to me sometimes.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:18 pm

i have a sneaking suspicion that obama is an atheist, which i would endorse wholeheartedly

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 pm

Colonel Angus wrote:i have a sneaking suspicion that obama is an atheist, which i would endorse wholeheartedly

as would I, but an athiest wouldn't have a chance in this day and age of winning the election

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 pm

Oh, this is about the American election, not the Canadian one.........

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:24 pm

I really don't know why a President's religious beliefs should be anyone's business.

Who the fuck cares if he's muslim? Christian? Atheist? Scientologist? Jedi?

I mean, seriously.. I couldn't care less.

What I care about is when a President starts using their religious beliefs as an explanation for their actions.

I don't need to hear that crap.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Oh, this is about the American election, not the Canadian one.........
nobody cares about your maple council or whatever it is you canucks have

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Chris wrote:I really don't know why a President's religious beliefs should be anyone's business.

What I care about is when a President starts using their religious beliefs as an explanation for their actions.

so that's 1 more against sarah palin?

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:25 pm

xaraan wrote:
I'm sure that leaves an opening for a great many jokes, but anyways...

I have come across a lot of people and I'm not talking back woods ignorant people, just everyday folks and friends and family even that honestly believe Obama is the antichrist and/or "muslim".

First off the muslim thing, we've all seen enough about that I'm sure; but even if he was muslim. For america, the land of free religion, to have people say someone is of a certain religion and it is enough to hurt their reputation; I think that is more un-patriotic than almost anything else I've seen being thrown about in this eleciton.

And the antichrist? Really? I can't believe people this stupid are allowed to vote. I'm not even going to argue about that.

I love arguing with Milton and Rob and whoever about actual policies, but this crap is just disgusting to me sometimes.

Have you posted this before? I'm not trying to be a jerk (it just comes naturally), but I just feel like I've read this before, with the exact same phraseology.

Am I having some weird deja vu here?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:30 pm

Chris wrote:I really don't know why a President's religious beliefs should be anyone's business.

What about a Satanist?

AS it is, a Scientologist is OK with you? ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?!?!?!?

You're one of those nutballs, aren't you? :x

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:30 pm

Colonel Angus wrote:nobody cares about your maple council or whatever it is you canucks have

Gee, you sound Canadian......................

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:What about a Satanist?

AS it is, a Scientologist is OK with you? ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?!?!?!?

You're one of those nutballs, aren't you? :x

As nutty as Scientologists are, there are alot of them that you'd never even know about if they didn't make it public like Tom Cruise.

I mean, John Travolta.. Battlefield Earth notwithstanding, has been pretty normal.

As long as someone doesn't bring their beliefs to the forefront, I'm ok.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:33 pm

xaraan wrote:as would I, but an athiest wouldn't have a chance in this day and age of winning the election
that's why i'm fine with the charade

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Gee, you sound Canadian......................

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Oh, this is about the American election, not the Canadian one.........

canada?
pfft

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:Have you posted this before? I'm not trying to be a jerk (it just comes naturally), but I just feel like I've read this before, with the exact same phraseology.

Am I having some weird deja vu here?

You must be.

I posted something about the muslim thing on an article on another website. And I've said stuff about stupid people not being allowed to vote, but haven't done a post just like this.

leave a comment with facebook